- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Have you ever noticed how Inuyasha can heal injuries in like five minutes? Sure he's part demon but that seems a little extreme. Besides, Sesshomaru and Inuyasha need more bonding time.

 

“Kikyo, you were the first woman I ever cared for and yet…I couldn’t do anything for you.” Inuyasha cried.

          “This is the first time I’ve ever seen you cry Inuyasha.” Kikyo gasped.

          “Kikyo I…I couldn’t save you!” He sobbed.

          “You came for me…that’s enough.” She smiled.

          “Kikyo…” He sobbed as she breathed her last.

          Inuyasha had never really been the same after that. The woman that was his whole world was gone, and so was a part of himself. Sesshomaru was worried when Inuyasha still hadn’t woken. It had been days since he found him bleeding on the ground. He tended to his wounds the best he could, still waiting for him to wake. Tears fell from his eyes as he came to the worse case scenario. He wasn’t going to wake up.

          If he did, he would’ve woken by now and—

          “Why are you crying?” Inuyasha asked, startling Sesshomaru.

          “You—you’re alive!” Sesshomaru muttered as he helped Inuyasha sit up.

          “You were out for three days. I didn’t think you were ever going to wake up.” Sesshomaru cried.

          “Funny, this is the first time I’ve seen you cry, Sesshomaru. Maybe you’re going soft.” Inuyasha gasped in pain.

          “…”Sesshomaru felt himself turn red at the statement. He didn’t show emotions to anyone, especially not Inuyasha, and yet here he was, sobbing into his half-brother’s chest.

          “Hey! I was only kidding! Don’t cry.” Inuyasha laughed through the pain. Sesshomaru wiped his tears, now angry.

          “S-Stupid! It’s not like I…care if you die.” He muttered  his words after the word I.

          “Silly.” Inuyasha yawned as he fell asleep. Sesshomaru sighed with relief as he watched over his half-brother. It was night when Inuyasha’s wounds finally healed. He woke to see Sesshomaru sleeping while sitting.

Does he always sleep that way? Inuyasha thought as he gently pushed him down. Inuyasha noticed the dark circles under his eyes, and the paleness of his skin. Has he not been sleeping? Inuyasha smiled and took this opportunity to cover Sesshomaru in the blanket Kagome had given him.

          Soon Sesshomaru fell asleep and Inuyasha smiled, glad that he was finally getting some rest. Inuyasha didn’t know if Kagome or the others were looking for him, but frankly he didn’t care. Part of him was gone, and they would never fill the missing hole that Kikyo left.

          Several hours passed and Inuyasha heated some food for both of them. Sesshomaru woke to the smell and he sat up in a panic.

          “Good Morning! Here, I made you something to eat!” Inuyasha smiled as he handed him some food.

          “Uhhh…. When did you…?” Sesshomaru’s voice trailed off as he grabbed the food.

          “Learn to cook? You know ya gotta know how to heat your food in the wild. You can’t just put it on a magical box and turn a wheel and make it heat the food!” Inuyasha told him as he ate the food he made. The food was decent, but nothing Sesshomaru would have preferred eating. Still, it was better than nothing he supposed. Inuyasha ate the food left over for himself and he grabbed the bag Kagome brought him of what was left of her stuff from the future.

          Since the well was sealed the supplies were running low and soon they would run out. Inuyasha sighed. It was the price after all, Kagome had wished the jewel to disappear forever. If Inuyasha had been in her shoes, he would have wished for access to another world.

          This world was empty without Kikyo, and he just wanted out of it, alive.

          “Nu…yasha?” Sesshomaru’s voice finally got his attention. He blinked and looked at the concern on his face.

          “Yes?” Inuyasha asked, snapping out of his thoughts.

          “I said, ‘thank you for the food.’” Sesshomaru smiled as Inuyasha put a hand to his forehead.

          “What are you doing?” Sesshomaru asked, not understanding this strange gesture.

          “You don’t have a temperature so who are you and what have you done with Sesshomaru?” Inuyasha asked. Sesshomaru was never grateful for anything, especially anything of his.

          “I don’t understand.” Sesshomaru muttered. Inuyasha had picked up a lot of Kagome’s modern sayings without him realizing it.

          “You’re never thankful for anything, especially something of mine. Unless you’re an imposter dressed as Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha explained. Sesshomaru chuckled.

          “You have some imagination little brother.” He muttered as Inuyasha slowly stood up with his Tessaiga.

          “I suppose you’ll be getting back to your companions now.” Sesshomaru muttered as Inuyasha walked away. Inuyasha had been gone for at least a week since he was injured. Had Sesshomaru been tending to him the entire time?

          Inuyasha tried to leave, but his shoulder wouldn’t let him lift his sword, leaving him vulnerable. Sesshomaru grabbed his hand, preventing him from leaving.

          “Don’t leave, you’re still injured.” Sesshomaru ordered as he let him go.

          “What’s up Sesshomaru? I thought you hated me?” Inuyasha asked, suspiciously. Sesshomaru scoffed at that statement.

          “Do you still think so low of me?” He asked, getting closer to him.

          “Well, I—I mean…” Inuyasha  scratched his ears awkwardly. Sesshomaru scooped him up and felt his pulse, gently so not to frighten him.

          “I will always protect you.” He whispered into his ear as he let him go. Inuyasha’s entire face turned red and he wondered if he was secretly dreaming. It certainly would explain Sesshomaru’s sudden insanity.

          “Keh! I’m not some child okay? I can take care of myself!” Inuyasha said, trying to hide his embarrassment.

          “Be still!” Sesshomaru ordered as he tended to Inuyasha’s shoulder. Having Rin as a companion he had had to learn first aid, that much was certain. She was a human, and a child. She was bound to get hurt.

          Inuyasha was no child, but he was the type to push himself beyond what he could handle.

          “I know you’re anxious to return to your companions, but you’re in no condition to go.” Sesshomaru told him as he cleaned the wound his shoulder and bandaged it up again. His chest had stopped bleeding much to Sesshomaru’s relief.

         

 

Chapter End Notes:
Honestly Sesshomaru's character is so hard to write for. I kind of imagine him as the guy that acts cold to seem strong but when he's alone is when he really shows his emotions.