- Text Size +

10 - Pop the Question - Sunday

 

Miroku and Kagome had now been dating for over a month, and things were going extremely well. They saw each other at least every other day, and sometimes more often than that. There was only one problem as far as Kagome was concerned: they had yet to be intimate. Although she was becoming rather frustrated, she was determined not to be the one to initiate sex, and he hadn't made a move. She had never had such a wonderful relationship before and decided the wait was worth it.

 

-

 

Miroku was obviously nervous, and it was making Kagome concerned. Usually he was laid back on their dates. He always seemed so relaxed, but tonight it was very clear that something was on his mind, and she couldn't help but wonder if something was wrong.

 

They had dinner at a nicer restaurant than usual and  then went back to his apartment to watch a movie. They were snuggled up on the couch in front of the television, sipping wine, and she was definitely feeling the sense of calm that always washed over her when she had been drinking. The wine didn't seem to be helping Miroku at all. He was still tense, and Kagome decided she couldn't take it anymore.

 

She poked him playfully in the ribs, smiling as he jumped, startled from his thoughts. "What's going on with you tonight? You seem stressed out."

 

"Oh?" he asked. He hadn't known he was being that obvious. He had something very important he wanted to ask her, and he had been trying all night to figure out how to broach the subject. "I guess there is something I wanted to discuss with you."

 

"Is something wrong?" she asked. She thought things had been going beautifully between them, despite the lack of physical intimacy, but maybe she had missed it.

 

"No, nothing is wrong," he assured her. "There's actually something I've been wanting to ask you."

 

"It had better not be if I'll bear your child," she said in a teasingly scolding tone.

 

"Not at this moment, no," he replied with a grin. "I've been thinking about it for a while now, and while I know we haven't been together that long, and I know it might be a little fast, but... I don't know. It just feels right."

 

"What is it?" Kagome asked, now incredibly curious.

 

"If you don't want to... If you think it's too soon, I'll understand. You can tell me no. I won't get upset. Sure, I'd be disappointed, but I... I don't want to rush you into anything."

 

She sighed. He was babbling, as he sometimes did when he was nervous. Yes, it was adorable, but it was also irritating. "Just ask me, then. Right now, I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and you're not making much sense."

 

"I'm sorry," he apologized quickly. "You know that I've never been in a relationship this long, so I don't really know the protocol and timing for things, but..." when she sighed again, he decided to cut to the chase. "Would you move in with me, Kagome?"

 

Kagome shifted on the couch, turning so that she could look at him fully. "Why?" she asked.

 

"Why do I want you to move in with me?" When she nodded, he continued. "Do you remember the first night at the club when you sprained your ankle?" She nodded again. "That morning, when I woke up, I was the happiest I have ever been. When I'm with you everything is perfect, but when we're apart, it's like the world turns gray. I want to spend every single moment of my life that I can with you. I want your beautiful face to be the last thing I see before I go to sleep and the first thing I see in the morning. I know it seems fast, but it just feels right. I want you here with me."

 

She smiled, and Miroku allowed himself to relax slightly. At least she hadn't turned him down yet. "There's something I need to know before I can answer you."

 

"Ask me anything," he proclaimed, ready for an interrogation on his intentions or anything else she might think up.

 

"It isn't so much something you can answer as something you would demonstrate."

 

His brows furrowed in confusion, though that look was quickly wiped off his face as Kagome straddled his legs. She leaned in and pressed her lips softly to his, and he instantly responded, passionately deepening the kiss. He had wanted her for so long, but after he told her he wanted them to wait, he had no idea how to initiate sex. He had been hoping she would do so but had nearly given up hope. Once they pulled back, she grinned at him.

 

"I need to know if we're," she rolled her hips against his, causing them both to moan, "physically compatible. That is, if you think we've waited long enough." Sure, she hadn't wanted to be the one to bring up sex, but the wait was killing her, and it was getting ridiculous. At least he wasn't telling her no this time. If he had, she might have exploded.

 

"Gods yes," Miroku breathed out, his hands finding her waist and sliding around to firmly grip her ass, pulling her tightly against him once more. "I've been waiting so long."

 

"It's your fault, you know," she breathed out, her hands attacking the buttons of his shirt.

 

"I know, and I've regretted wanting to wait every second of every day since."