- Text Size +

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

 

  Better than Ramen

 

“Kagome!” said the little kitsune, looking up at her with big blue eyes. He had his hands behind his back, hiding something.

“What is it, Shippou-chan?” Kagome asked.

“I picked these for you,” he said, handing her a bunch of bright yellow wildflowers.

“O Shippou-chan! How sweet!” she replied as she took them. Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a brightly colored round ball, filled with flower shapes in a geometric pattern. “Here. I made this for you.”

“A ball? It looks like it’s got a flower for every one I gave you! Thanks, Kagome!” The kitsune thew it up in the air and caught it. “I’m gonna go show Sango!” He ran off.

Kagome heard a rustle of fabric and a small thump as InuYasha dropped out of the tree he was watching them from.

“Feh,” he said as she turned around to look at him standing there with a pouty scowl on his face. “You spoil that brat.”

“Oh, InuYasha,” she said. “Don’t be jealous of Shippou. I have something much nicer for you than a Temari ball.”

“Yeah?” he said, crossing his arms. “What is it?”

“Guess,” she said.

“Dried potatoes?” he asked.

“Nope.”

“Chocolate?”
< br> “After you got sick last time? No way.”

“Ramen?” he said, smirking.
“Better than ramen,” she said, her eyes twinkling.

“Well, what is it, woman?”

Laughing, she stuck one of the flowers in the neckline of his kosode, and pressed a quick, sweet kiss on his lips.

His eyes met her eyes full of merriment, and she dashed off giggling.

Shocked for a moment, he froze, then decided, yes, that was a lot better than ramen. Coming out of his daze, he dashed after her to return the favor.