- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Dedication: This story is dedicated to Rashmi (I wish her a very happy birthday -14th August), my friend Manasa (Big birthday blast for her – 22nd August) and my father (Another big happy birthday for him – 29th August) Loads of birthdays ain’t it? (LOL) My sis is getting married on 21st but I can’t attend ‘cause I have exams (Sucks doesn’t it?) Speaking of dedications, I have so many friends who have supported me through all my stories- Shachi, Meghana, Prarthana, Shweta, Spoorthi, etc. I thank all of you and a very special thanks to my beta Cassie who helped me a lot
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well the chap explains all of it
Kagome Riddle

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling while I own nothing!!! (wah!!!!!)

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese
Normal: English

Chapter 1: Revenge

Higurashi shrine~~~~~

In a lone dojo, one girl stood swinging her katana. To a passer by, it would be amazing how she was able to control her katana so well. But to a person who knew her well, to a person able to read the movements of a katana and its wielder, they would see the anger in her movements, the emotions gripping the confidence, making her hold it with both the hands, the body shaking with anger being channeled into strength, brutally slashing at the invisible enemy.

AN: to those who didn’t understand it, a master of sword (katana) is able to fight with only one hand. This shows how confident one is in action and how the sword it treated as an extension of the limb. But, a beginner holds it with both hands in an utmost tight grip as if afraid that it would fall or when they are emotionally unstable, as above and it is insanely heavy with one hand for a beginner.
The woman of 20 was in a comfortable fighting kimono, black with white designs on them. Her black hair was tied in a high ponytail. Though she showed no emotions, her mind was in turmoil acting through her body. She was no ordinary girl, she had been a warrior. The Shikon miko (priestess) was a legendary figure who guarded the Shikon no Tama and defeated Naraku.

Flashback~~~~~
Sengoku Jidai

A seventeen year old girl, Kagome, notched her last arrow aiming towards the evil known as Naraku. She was bleeding from various places but the worst was her stomach where she had been impaled by one of Naraku’s tentacles. Sango was fighting with Kanna who had Kohaku’s soul in her mirror. Miroku had been fighting the swarms of low level youkai (demon) along with Kirara. There was jyaki (miasma) everywhere and the sky was dark. The place could be described as nothing but a battlefield. The once beautiful clearing was blood soaked. In another end, Kouga and his ookami (wolves) were fighting Kagura. Sesshoumaru, Taiyoukai no Honshu (Great demon of western island of Japan) was busy battling Hakudoshi. Inuyasha, her lover and friend, stood by her side as she was about to launch her last attack. On shaking legs, she let go of the string and crumpled to the ground.

“Kaze no Kizu (Windscar)” Inuyasha shouted. Three bright sparks followed the pink beam of the Hama no Ya (Sacred Arrow). It hit Naraku’s barrier followed by his cackling laughter, amused at the failed attempt. But before he could speak, the barrier cracked with a resounding blast, the source itself removed, so that he couldn’t put up another. This was the real Naraku and like the coward he was, released jyaki to escape. But before he could do so, a barrier of an unknown source prevented it. It effectively separated him from the rest of the field as only Inuyasha, Kagome and Naraku were in the barrier.

Naraku lashed his tentacles towards the two other occupants of the barrier. Inuyasha jumped out of the way, carrying Kagome on his back.

“I think this barrier is going to help me get rid of some annoying vermin.” said Naraku.

As Inuyasha kept jumping around in the limited space, Kagome pulled out something from her uniform pocket. “Inuyasha, gomen nasai (I’m very sorry)” she whispered softly.

“What the hell are you talking about, wench?” he shouted back.

“Gomen nasai” she whispered and absorbed the item she had and fell from his back.

“Kagome!” he shouted, surprised.

“It looks like your miko isn’t going to survive after all.” he said.

“Shut up!” Inuyasha shouted back “Kagome, Kagome, are you alright?” he asked her.

“Inuyasha” she said, getting up “I’m alright. I had to do it. It is the only to defeat him”. She drew her sword out of its sheath. “It’s the only way to end this all. I couldn’t resist it” she said. “Wait, you are not using the jewel shard are you?” he asked.

She just shook her head, said “Gomen (Sorry)” and charged forward.

Kagome had been training hard to defeat Naraku by training under Sango and Sesshoumaru. She had not been home for a year or more. Now there was nothing holding her back. Inuyasha followed her as tentacles came flying at them.

“Are you sure, you can do this?” he asked her.

“I have to.” She answered weaving through the endless tentacles as Naraku sent a huge blast at them.

“Bakuyuurha (Backlash wave)” shouted Inuyasha as the power was sent back the way it came.

Kagome also threw the sword to where his heart was located, just near (above, below, what?) the jewel shard. A tremendous blast and a blinding light covered the whole field. Kagura and Kanna died immediately as their hearts and souls respectively were lost. As the light cleared, the red of Inuyasha’s haori was seen.

All the other participants on the good side came rushing towards the large crater formed. Inuyasha and Kagome were unconscious on the ground amidst pieces of Naraku’s tentacles while the Shikon no Tama was no where to be seen.

They were carried back to the village of Edo (primitive Tokyo) on Kirara’s back. Inuyasha woke up within one day, but Kagome was unconscious for a whole week. Inuyasha stayed by her side the whole week, day and night. She had finally woken up. She had been completely drained and for the majority of the day the group proceeded to pamper her with food and let her rest. But she seemed to be sad for some reason.

The next day she wanted to talk to Inuyasha in private. Inuyasha had carried her to a clearing a little ways away from the village.

“What’s the problem onna (woman)?” he asked in his usual gruff tone. He suddenly smelt salt in the air, she was crying. “What’s wrong?” he asked, more concerned.

“Gomen Inuyasha. I didn’t do it on purpose. She gave her soul on her own” She cried, sobbing. “I- I didn’t want to do it, but I had to absorb it to kill Naraku. I tried till the last moment not to do it. But its call kept me weak. Gomen!” Kagome cried.

“What are you talking about?” he asked her.

“Kikyo is dead. She gave her piece of soul to me.” She explained.

“That’s what you are going on about?” he said “I already know about that, baka (idiot). She told me a long time back”.

“You knew?” she asked.

He nodded. “Living a half life is worse than being dead, you know. She let it all go finally. Her spirit is resting peacefully now that the jewel is no more” he said.

“Hai (yes)” was all she could say.

“I want to ask you something.” He told.

“Nani? (What)”

“Now that the jewel is complete, do you have to go back?”

“I don’t know. If I’m here then the youkai will constantly attack us. It is better if I go away,” She said.

“So you are willing to leave all of us? Leave me?” he asked hesitantly.

She burst into tears and hugged him around his waist. “Aishiteru (I love you), Inuyasha” she whispered “aishiteru. I want to be here. But I don’t belong in this time. It’s wrong. I-” he cut her off with a kiss.

When they pulled apart, “koishii (beloved), I’m always here for you. Don’t forget. I want you to be my mate before you leave” he said.

End flashback~~~~~

Kagome’s POV~~~~~

It had been more than 2 yrs since Naraku was defeated and I came back home forever. I had to reseal the well. I often wondered if they were are alive, if magic still existed. I had got my answer, but not in the way I had hoped.

My return home was quite unexpected, but very welcome. I had to quit school, but I had known that already. But it all started when I came back. I dreamt of talking to Midoriko, the creator of Shikon no tama and a part of the jewel itself. I found out that I absorbed the Shikon no Tama; it was not destroyed as we had believed. I had changed a lot after that. But the most significant change was that my spirit gave life to another life; my spirit beast, Sunshine. It was an elemental light cat, very much like Kirara but not a youkai. It was a painful process and left me weak for weeks, but finally the life created was beautiful. Sunshine was a pure white cat with a bushy tail and contrasting black eyes.

My grandfather had died a month after I came back and I took over the shrine. My abilities had increased the visitors, and our lives were normal for some time. But it all crashed down on my eighteenth birthday. My mother took us to the cemetery for the first time in years. It was my father’s grave. The last time I saw it, I was very young and Souta was a baby. I had wondered why she had brought us to his grave after so many years.

She was silent for a long time…..then she spoke with tears in her eyes.

Flashback~~~~~

“Kagome, Souta, I know you are wondering why I brought you here after so many years.” She quenched their untold curiosity. We nodded.

“Our family real name is Riddle. Higurashi is only my maiden name. I met your father years ago when he was staying in Japan with his guardian. He had lost his parents at a young age… I want you to know everything that happened. He was a quiet person and didn’t speak to anyone. I always watched him when he came to the shrine. You could say I had a crush on him. By god knows how, we did fall in love and got married. But when I was pregnant with Souta, he went to England, his homeland, to search for someone. He had never spoken of his family, except that they were all murdered.” She told. We gasped at that.

“He almost hated his family, like he blamed them for something. His last call had been 13 years ago. All he said was, ‘I found him.’ but he never came back. Then we got a strange letter dropped in our mail box but without a stamp and it said that he was dead, no, that he was murdered. I thought it was finally time for you to know the truth” she finished.

I was angry. I wanted to kill the person who murdered my father wherever he was. Without my knowledge, I had been clenching my hand into a fist. Suddenly a hand touched mine gently, as if restraining my anger. It was my mother, her silent message to not take revenge blindly. I complied knowing that she was right. “Okaa-san, I understand. I will not follow the path of revenge blindly. It was the past and I will not live in it and forget my future. I will not re-open closed wounds unless I’m forced to act with no choice.” I answered quietly.

End flashback~~~~~

I kept my promise. But the wounds were opened. He returned.

‘You call yourself a lord, but you are no worthier than shit, Voldemort’.

After my mother told me about my father’s murder. I asked Midoriko about it and I found out the truth about Tom Marvolo Riddle, a wizard. This was a shock for me. I didn’t know that anyone in our family had magical powers. Apparently, I was wrong. In order to learn this magic, I had to train in a dreamscape with Midoriko. I had just about learned all the spells, charms, potions and magical creatures. My wand was like no other as it was a pure gold wand forged out of my mikoki (holy power). But as promised, I didn’t look for revenge. The shrine continued to prosper.

No youkai had come in search of the jewel, which was quite a wonder in itself, but led to a nagging feeling as to what had happened to them. But the mark on my neck given by Inuyasha was still there, showing that he was still alive and well apparently. But, dementors appeared, those sent by him. A few weeks ago, the attack started. They wanted the Shikon no Tama. The whole neighbourhood became misty and sad. Only the shrine which was surrounded by a barrier was calm. I spent many nights fighting the dementors. The wounds had re-opened. No one messed with me or the Shikon.

A new gateway opened as I received a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in England to become the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I was not going to miss this opportunity. I am leaving Japan in a week to prepare for teaching.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Souta approaching the dojo. “Onee-san (Big sister), there are some visitors to the shrine. They need the shrine maiden you know.” He shouted. With a smile I followed him outside to see to the visitors.


Chapter End Notes:

AN: how is the story? Is it acceptable? It’s an Inu/Kag story, but the pairings are not really that important. She is 20 years old and Harry Potter is in the sixth year. In the flashback, I told thirteen years ago which would be when Harry was 1 year old (1+13+2=16), get it? Shippo is 16 yrs old and Inuyasha is 22 yrs old and Sesshoumaru is 28 yrs old.