- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Harry has  another dream of Voldemort but it not the same....

What makes it so different?

Kagome Riddle

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling and this plot solely belongs to me.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese
Normal: English

Chapter 2: Strange Dreams

#4, Private Drive…~~~~~
Harry’s POV~~~~~
Dreamscape of Harry~~~~~

I walked through the halls of the Riddle house, not entirely unfamiliar. The link with the dark that I always shared had shown me visions before. Some helped me and some destroyed me. I didn’t know what to make of this vision though. I didn’t know if I could believe this, not after I had lost my godfather due to a mistake and I never want to make that mistake again. But, it always calls me and how much ever I try, I cannot stop myself from going towards the call. I continued up the familiar staircase that lead to the room where Voldemort always sat and awaited whatever was to come.

Like always, I was not seen. As I entered the room, I was hit with a wave of emotions, predominantly anger with a tint of amusement and the rest was a mixture I couldn’t comprehend. This was new but it still didn’t help my situation. He sat on an armchair and was surrounded by death eaters. There was one other figure cloaked in white who was the only other person sitting.

“Lord Voldemort, our part of the deal is almost complete. We will hand you the control as soon as you complete your part of the deal. Is that alright with you?” said a monotonous voice with a different dialect.

“Yesss, it won’t be long” Voldemort hissed.

“Good, you should know that you can’t cheat us, because the control can be taken away as easily as it is given” the voice confirmed again.

“I know and I asssssure you that we don’t intend to cheat you in any way.” Voldemort assured.

“Then, we will leave. Remember this, I knew you as Tom and I know you as Voldemort. I’ve seen more days than you.” He warned and left alone. But he was followed by invisible steps as soon as he left the room.

This had never happened before. Everyone was scared to even say his name, now here was a person warning him and making a deal with him. The aura of the room changed as soon as the mysterious person and his invisivle followers left the house.

“Have they left milord?” one of the death eaters asked. With a nod, Lord Voldemort confirmed them.

“Send Wormtail in.” he commanded. The quivering figure of Peter Pettigrew, Wormtail, came in. “Wormtail, have the dementorssss come back?” he asked.

“N-no milord. None of them have succeeded. Milord, it will be easier if we send wizards or other creatures instead of dementors.” Wormtail suggested.

“Silence! I know what I’m doing. Just do what you have been told,” the dark lord shouted.

“Yes milord,” Wormtail stammered.

“Do you have any information regarding the girl?” Voldemort asked.

“Yes milord. She is coming to England.” Wormtail answered.

“Excccellent, find out more about her whereaboutssss” he demanded and Wormtail went out as fast as he could.

“Milord,” one of the death eaters spoke.

“Yes,” he answered.

“Who is she milord?” he asked.

“She is-”

But before he answered, I disappeared into a black abyss that seemed to be nowhere. There was no light at all. It was like space without any heavenly bodies. The only thing there was, was me. But I felt another presence a little ways ahead. I moved towards it as if running on air. A distant light, a person was calling me. As suddenly as it started, it ended and I was back in the Riddle house.

“-my family.” There were murmurs among the wizards.

“Sshe isss sssspecial issssn’t ssshee?” Voldemort asked amusedly “After all, sssshe isss the key to winning thisss war.”

“But milord how is it possible. She is human. Even-” the death eater was cut off by Lord Voldemort.

“It’s long due for me to sssee her beautiful faccce. I guesssss I’ll have to give her a ssspecial vissit” he chuckled, amusement rolling off him in waves.

“Milord, does she know who you are?” another Death Eater asked.

“Ssshe is coming to England isssn’t ssshe?” he answered.

End Dreamscape~~~~~

I know I shouldn’t be scared of Voldemort, but damn, was he scary! I had never seen him like this. Whoever this girl was seemed to be a lot of trouble. I would have to watch out for her, whoever she is and also tell this to Dumbledore. He would be able to tell if this vision is true or not. Through my musings I failed to notice that I was no longer in the Riddle house. I was woken up by a distant, but continuous, ringing in my ears. The alarm!! I woke up. I was glad that this time I hadn’t woken up in the middle of the night in cold sweat. I quickly got out of the bed to clean myself and prepare breakfast before I was told the hard way.

Today I was going to the Black house with Dumbledore. It was still the first week of July, but it was decided that I would be safer there. Voldemort had been attacking many muggles. The ministry, after ignoring it, was taking action at very late times. The magic community had been shocked by Voldemort’s attack on the ministry itself. The muggle news always mentioned one or an other disaster all over the world. Then, there was the vision; it didn’t make things any better knowing that Voldemort was growing more powerful. Damn, too many musings.

I was glad I was cooking now, really I was. It is wonderful to see the oh-so visible (really fat) Duddy-kins on a diet, though I was also forced to be on the same diet. The day passed quietly, contrasting its start. I was sitting in the gardens, away from anyone so that I could figure out any clues from the vision that I might have missed earlier. Okay, if the person under the hood knew Voldemort as Tom and saw ‘more days than him’ then he must be an old man. Come to think of it, I think I saw some white hair, and the authoritative tone definitely states that he was experienced and that he held a high position. Could have been anyone; most of the high authorities are old.

Hmm….. any specific traits? Definitely, his composure was bold, that was kind of obvious by the way he spoke to Voldemort. The only people I know to have the courage to speak his name are the members of the Order of Phoenix. Wait, he said something about control, what did he mean? Power? People? Some weapon? And if he did have control on whatever it is, then he must have been powerful. Somehow, I doubt he worked under the ministry and I couldn’t make out any features of this mystery person. The more I thought about it, the more confusing it got.

Speaking of mystery people, there was a girl right? Damn that vision. I must have missed some information. Did this mean the vision was real? Or not? Maybe it was; the feel of Voldemort’s emotions was definitely realistic, at least I thought so, and definitely scary. He spoke as if she was some toy, some fragile toy that he was bent on breaking, at the same time savoring the power within. Why was Voldemort so interested in this girl and who was she? Then, a shocking revelation in my mind caused me to freeze; one word echoed in my mind: FAMILY.

Time had passed faster than I had anticipated. It was almost sundown by the time I entered the house. I was still thoughtful, but suddenly stopped at the entrance of the hall. Dumbledore sat patiently on the couch with an unsure family near him.

“Ah! Harry, I was wondering when you would be back.” He greeted.

“Professor, I- I forgot. I was thinking and-” I began but was stopped by Dumbledore.

“It’s no problem. I presume your necessities are packed?” he asked.

I smiled sheepishly. “Sorry sir.”

I rushed upstairs to stuff all my stuff in my trunk, and in record time I was down with a startled Hedwig.

“I’m ready sir.”

“Thank you for your hospitality” he told the Dursleys.

“Well, just do us a favor and don’t come back. We like to live like normal people” Mr. Dursley shouted.

“Come on Harry, we need to get to our destination fast. Since you can’t apparate yet, you’ll have to hold on to me as we do it together. (AN: I don’t know the term for it, srry! T.T)” Dumbledore instructed.

I nodded and held onto him. As soon as he clicked his fingers, I felt as if I was being squeezed for a moment and the next, we were at our destination. We were walking down the lane that led to the Black house.

“Harry, do you wish to tell me anything?” Dumbledore asked.

“I- I, it’s” I stuttered at the sudden invasion and end of the quiet.

“You can tell when you feel comfortable to. I take it that you’re not always that deep in thought? I thought it might be of importance” he replied.

“Well, I’m not sure of quite a lot things right now professor. But I do have a few questions that I want to ask.”

“Ask, Harry” he prompted.

“Does Voldemort have any family that is alive?” I asked.

“No I believe his mother died giving birth, and he killed the rest of his immediate family.” He replied.

“It was a girl” I answered and stayed silent.

“I see. Did you have a vision?” he asked. I nodded.

“I don’t know if it’s true or not though. He was finalizing a deal with a hooded person and after the person left, he spoke about a girl who was supposedly the key to winning the war and that she was a part of his family”.

“I see. Can you tell me anything more about the vision?” he silently asked me to continue.

“This is all I’m sure of at the moment, sir” I finalized. We arrived at our destination.

“Well Harry, I’ll see you in Hogwarts next then. Have a nice time. Trust your instincts and whatever they tell you about the vision. I cannot come since I have a few errands…..to take care of.” He said and disapparated. I entered the Black house.

“Harry!” came an excited cry of the twins, Fred and George.

“Hello mate, how have you been doing?” Ron said pulling me into a bear hug.

“Harry, how have been dear?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“I’m doing well, thank you. Dumbledore said he couldn’t come because of a few errands he had to finish.” I said.

“Oh! Don’t worry dear. He must have had some Howarts business to attend to. Had any dinner, dear?” she asked. I shook my head. “Oh you poor thing! Come on, I’ll fix you something right away”. She said and went into the kitchen, followed by the boys.

After we had dinner with the Weasley family, Remus, Tonks and Mad Eye Moody, began talking.

“So, Harry did anything interesting happen?” Ron asked.

“Like what?” I asked.

“I donno, anything connected to You-know-who” he insisted. I wasn’t ready to share my secret with the order of the phoenix yet, even if they were on my side.

“Nothing really.” I said. After that piece of conversation, we began catching up after being separated for a month. (AN: no idea what to put in the conversation. Nothing interesting really.)

After that, we each went to our rooms, me with Ron. As soon as the door was closed behind us, Ron spoke up, “OK, what’s up? You’ve never been as distracted as you have been tonight. I mean you didn’t even laugh at few of Fred’s and George’s best jokes and pranks. That’s definitely not you in there. Tell me now.”

I sighed and told Ron about the vision, and what Dumbledore and my opinions were about the situation.

“Bloody hell, that’s scary. You mean he warned the Dark Lord? That’s just plain crazy. This is gonna be another crazy year, I just know it. Oh, and Hermione will be meeting us at Diagon alley” he said.

I simply stared at him implying ‘have you gone crazy?’

He understood and said “I don’t even want to think about what is going to happen this year” he said and settled on his bed. I sighed and went to bed too.


AN: How is it? Just made my plot deeper. I guess there will be a fast forward in the next chapter and Kagome will be meeting them in the train. Please Review. I only read the HP series once each and so I don’t remember many details, so please bear with me. But I assure you that this is one of my best plots. I also planned the sequel but I haven’t read the 7th book yet and I require some base and Dumbledore will live, muhahaha. Vote if you wan him otherwise