- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kagome meets the Potter Crew!!
KAGOME RIDDLE

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling and this plot solely belongs to me.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese
Normal: English

Chapter 3: Off to Hogwarts.

Diagon alley~~~~~
Kagome’s POV~~~~~

I walked through the famous Diagon alley. The magic I felt in the air was amazing. If I wasn’t here I would never believe it. I had almost everything I needed robes, books and other necessary instruments. Even though I was wanted to, I couldn’t buy a broom. Only students could bring theirs. Anyway, I have Sunshine if I want to fly and it was better than any old broom. But I was here to buy the most important item, a wand. Sure I have a wand. But the one given to me by Midoriko was pure gold, and I didn’t see anyone using golden wands. So here I was, Ollivander’s wand shop.

I entered the shop and was greeted by a friendly old man.

“Hello miss, what can I do for you?” he asked politely.

“Sir, I was looking for a wand and I hear this is the best place around here.” I said.

“I see, broke your old wand? Come right in. You don’t seem to be from here.” He said. I remained silent.

“Put your wand hand front.”

I put my right hand front. The measurer measured her hands, legs, shoulder, etc while Mr. Olliver brought out few wands.

“Yes, I’m here to go to Hogwarts school” I replied.

“You seem too old to go to school now” he asked genuinely curious.

“Ah! That’s because, I’m here as the new Defense Against Dark Arts teacher” I answered with a smile.

“Oh my, sorry for the mistake, but you seem so young, I didn’t think it was possible.” He apologized and put out a few wands. “Right, try this one.” He prompted.

I watched as each wand emitted an aura and none were pleased with me.

“Umm, I think these aren’t the right wand for me,” I told him.

“Nonsense, you can say that without trying it first.” He retorted.

“OK, but what happens isn’t my fault” I waved the wand. As I guessed first, none of them suited me.

“Excuse me sir, but can I choose my own wand?” I asked hopefully.

“I never let anyone but you seem to know what you are doing, so I’m going to make an exception” he said allowing me behind the counter.

I closed my eyes and let my aura spread. I didn’t feel a pull towards any wand except one which seemed to be quite inside the shop. At the end, I picked one box and gave it to the old man and returned. He walked behind me with a surprise in his aura.

“This wand, it is demonic.” He gasped. As soon as he said that, I turned around.

“This wand is a very old one, and very powerful. This is a special combination- 6 ½ inches, rosewood with the core of a dragon scale and a youkai hair.” He said. I stood without moving.

“A youkai is a powerful creature that roamed the lands a long time ago, it is a Japanese word for a demon or animal spirit.” he said.

I smiled a queer smile with my back still facing him as felt a familiar aura. First I wondered why the wand chose me. But then, I got my answer, it was Inuyasha’s hair. He thinks it was a youkai but it was a hanyou (half demon), no use correcting him.

“I see. I’ll take the wand.” I said.

“May I know your name, miss?” he asked.

“Kagome Taisho” I answered and placed the required money on the counter and left.

After all that I returned to the Leaky Cauldron to rest before I went to the railway station the next day.

A’s POV~~~~~

Harry, Ron, Ginny, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had just entered Diagon Alley through the floo network. “Come on everyone we need to hurry up and get the money and after that we’ll buy all that we need.” Mrs. Weasley said. The whole group walked towards Gringotts Bank. They stopped at their respective vaults to get the required money. Then, they went to Flourish and Blotts where they met up with Hermione.

“Hello Hermy” greeted Ron.

“Hi everyone! How did you spend your holidays?” she asked.

“Nothing much, Just hanging around the HQ, you know.” Harry answered.

“What about you?”

“Me? I spent my holidays with my cousin, Martha.” she told them dejectedly. They bought the required equipment and books for their sixth year.

“Any idea on who might be our new DADA teacher?” Ron asked.

“No Ron. I have no idea who it is” Harry answered.

“No idea who it is, but looking at the books we bought for this year, I can tell he knows what he is doing.” Hermione said.

“Always about books” Ron commented.

“What do you mean ‘Mione,” Harry asked.

“In the library, there are a lot of good books on DADA. When I was going through a few books, I really liked this one. All the points are clear and to the point. This is not the book that is normally prescribed by the ministry. But whoever chose this book knows that this is perfect for 6th year level. Same with the other years, the person sat for a long time going through all the books to choose this one. So, I know the teacher is good.” She said.

“OK, I don’t get it at all. You’re crazy. This book is the toughest book ever. I can’t understand a word of it.” Ron said flipping through the book.

“Trust me, this year is not going to be like the others” she confidently told him.

After shopping, they went to the Leaky Cauldron to rest before going to the railway station.

The next day~~~~~

Kagome woke up early, put on a pair of jeans and a royal blue t-shirt saying in gold, ‘Watch out! I’m gonna rock your world’. She took her trunk and went to the train station to take the Hogwarts Express.

Catching a cab, she reached the station and searched for the platform 9 ¾. She came to platform 9 but was surprised to find that platform 9 ¾ didn’t exist. Not really surprising actually, because it just sounded too wrong anyways. But she still had to find it. Just as she was passing the wall between platform 9 and 10, she felt magic. She touched the wall and to her surprise, the hand went through.

Grinning stupidly, a habit picked up from her ‘friend’, she stepped in and found the platform. She put my luggage in the luggage carriage and found an empty compartment at the end for herself.

Harry and co were late yet again. There was about ten minutes left for the train to leave and they finally made it to the platform 9 ¾. They gave their luggage and went to find a compartment.

Harry’s POV~~~~~

Ron and Hermione left for the prefect compartment. Ginny and I were searching for an empty compartment but all were full. But we found one compartment with one girl at the end. She looked older than us but very young still. She wore jeans and a t-shirt. She turned towards us expectantly.

“All the other compartments are full. Can we sit here?” Ginny asked. The girl smiled and nodded. We sat across from her. She sat looking through the window petting her cat which was sleeping on her lap. The food trolley came after some time. The girl looked at the food somewhat confused.

“Do you know what’s good?” She asked talking for the first time.

“Umm, the chocolate frogs are good, I guess.” She smiled and ordered a few.

“You are new here” I stated suddenly without actually intending to.

“Sort of, I am Kagome Taisho, by the way” she introduced herself and stuck her hand out. I shook it and then Ginny did.

“I’m Ginny Weasley and this is Harry Potter” Ginny said.

“Nice to meet you” Kagome said.

Almost as soon as the introductions were done, the compartment door opened. Luna Lovegood stood in the doorway.

“May I sit here?” she asked.

Kagome nodded along with the rest of us. She sat next to Kagome.

“Are you new here? I haven’t seen you here before.” She asked Kagome.

“Yes sort of. I’m Kagome Taisho” she repeated.

“You’re Japanese” Luna stated.

“Yes. How did you know?” she asked surprised.

“Even though you placed a language spell, you cannot hide your accent.” She said.

I was surprised because I didn’t make out any difference in her accent. But now, I could make out her features which definitely were Japanese.

“I see” Kagome said.

The talk was interrupted with a ‘mewl’. Kagome’s cat had woken up.

“Hey Sunshine!” she exclaimed as the cat climbed up to her shoulder and nuzzled her neck with another ‘mewl’. She slowly scratched behind its ear to which it responded with a long purr.

“You have a cute cat” Ginny complemented.

“Thank you” Kagome said, “You can pet her if you want,” and stretched out her hand towards her. The cat walked smoothly on her hand and jumped into Ginny’s lap.

While Ginny was petting the cat, I said “Wow, you’ve trained your cat well.”

“Thank you but I didn’t train her to do it. She did that all on her own.” Kagome replied. After all the petting, Kagome called the cat back to which it immediately responded and landed on her lap again.

While all was going well, the door was opened yet again revealing Malfoy with Crabbe and Goyle.

“Malfoy!” I ground out through gritted teeth.

“Well if it isn’t Harry Potter, angry that you didn’t make the newspaper front page today?” he taunted. While everyone in the compartment wore a scowl, Kagome was smirking.

“You seem to have new company, another mudblood?” he asked. She remained unfazed by any of his words and continued smirking.

“What’s your name?” he inquired. “Kagome Taisho” she answered.

“Taisho? I’ve heard the name somewhere” he wondered out loud. “You might want to switch company, to the right kind I mean” he said sticking out a hand. Kagome continued to smirk but put her hand forward.

I might have been wrong about her or maybe not ‘cause as soon as their hands met, she said,

“I think I’m better right here. Thank you for the offer though.” And then took her hand back. Malfoy left the compartment immediately without a word.

“So, what did you do?” I asked.

“Me? Why, I just gave a hand shake with an ‘r’.” She said. Everyone laughed. (AN: If you don’t get it (hard shake))

The rest of the trip was uneventful. Hermione and Ron came after some time and left after talking. We arrived at Hogsmeade. Kagome left us as soon as we stopped. We went to the carriages. Ron and Hermione could see the Threstals now since they had witnessed Sirius’s death.

“So, that’s what a Threstal looks like. You were right Harry, they are ugly,” said Ron. (An: They can see them in this story, k? It doesn’t make sense in the book according to me.)

Kagome’s POV~~~~~

As soon as the train stopped, I went to consult where I had to go. I wet over to a giant who was gathering all the first year students. I was instructed to take a coach. As I went towards the carriages, I saw some horses. They were black with death-like, soulless eyes. I sub-consciously let my aura out. They seemed to react to it. They were afraid of me. I quickly called back my mikoki and went over to one of them to show that I would not do them any harm. They understood that I wouldn’t harm them. They were the opposite of me, in a way. Harry and the others saw me and seemed shocked at the incident. I quickly climbed into a carriage and left for the castle.

The students went to the Great Hall, but I went to the headmaster’s office from where I would go to the feast.

A’s POV~~~~~

All the students filled the great hall. The teachers slowly filled their seats. Finally, Professor Dumbledore arrived with the DADA teacher. As soon as they came in, there were a lot of murmurs among the tables. Malfoy’s left hand involuntarily clutched his other hand in remembrance. Harry and co were shocked. Many thoughts ran through their minds.

‘She’s so young! I never expected her to be a teacher,’ Ginny thought.

‘She was so friendly in the train. She’s a teacher!?!’ Luna thought.

‘She’s gonna be a great teacher, with guts enough to do that to Malfoy, definitely a great year,’ thought Ron.

‘My feeling about this year’s DADA teacher was right after all. For such a young person to be a teacher takes a lot of knowledge. But it is definitely surprising,’ Hermione thought.

‘She’s different. I feel strange when I’m around her. It’s like she knows me more than I do myself. Is it because she didn’t treat me different, no hatred or fawning?’ Harry thought as he turned towards her. At the same she met his eye with a smile on her face.

‘This is going to be an interesting year’ Harry thought as he turned towards the sorting hat.

The hat sang its song (AN: I don’t know it srry!). Soon, the first years came through the door to be sorted. After the sorting ceremony was over, the headmaster magically raised his voice to speak.

“Welcome back to Hogwarts and for the new students, welcome. Like every year, the forbidden forest is off limits to all students. We have a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher this year, Professor Taisho, Kagome. She is the first Japanese teacher to teach in Hogwarts and also the youngest teacher ever.” Kagome stood up and bowed slightly. “Let the feast begin.” He said and sat down. After the feast was over, we went to our house dorms.


AN: Did you like it or did you like it? Just Review what you feel. Until next time
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the wonderful reviews. I'll post my responses in the next chapter