- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Whenever Malfoy is around, trouble is around the corner...

Kagome Riddle

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese

Normal: English

Chapter 6: Always Malfoy it is.

Harry’s POV~~~~~

The weekend passed quickly and the classes resumed. The events of the weekend were still fresh in my mind. It wasn’t the fact that the cat survived that rested in his mind, but its owner, the mystery in school. She was a young prodigy and even though she was only four older than us, we never met her in school, and in other words, she did not study in Hogwarts. Even though there were two other schools, she didn’t seem to match their behavior and I had a feeling that definitely said that she did not study in any of the three schools, which lead to another problem. Where did she learn magic and why didn’t she join any school? Perhaps, there was another school that I didn’t know about?

The patronus she performed three weeks ago was yet another mystery. She called it a god, at least someone equal to one. Hermione had been searching all the books in the library to solve that one. Under, legends, myths, etc and she still hadn’t got an answer to who it was and how she was related to the so called god. But even if Hermione did find a legend matching the patronus, why would such a creature’s spirit be her patronus?

Yes, Professor Kagome Taisho was a mystery. There were so many questions about her. How did she hide herself in the class the first day? On the same day when she asked all of us to go near the lake, she arrived before any of us could and she didn’t use the staircase. Did she know a secret passage that even the Maurderers didn’t know? But how could she know about a place she has never been to before? Why did Witherwings bow to her? What was so special about her?

The answers, I may not know, but special she was. I could see it in her eyes. Her eyes could see right through me as if she can read my mind, my very soul. No one noticed it though. Whenever I looked into those eyes, I felt so much more. She seemed to know me better than myself. Was she just another spy? Or was she more?

“Mr Potter, what is blah blah blah blah?” Kagome asked.

“Huh?” I snapped out of his musings.

“10 points from Gryffindor for not concentrating in class. Now, I repeat the question, what is the weak point of a dragon? State one spell that can be used against it?” Kagome asked again.

“Its weak point is the eye. Spell that can be used is Necomtagi” (AN: Purely Speculation on my part.)

“Good. Please sit down and don’t slack off the next time.”

“Sorry Professor.” I replied.

“I would like to talk to you after class about this, Mr. Potter.” She continued the class.

Soon the bell rang and everyone but me left the class. Professor Kagome sat at her table and called me forward.

“Now about today’s class-”

But before she could continue, I interrupted “Sorry ma’am. It won’t happen again.”.

“It’s not about slacking off in the class. You aren’t the only one who does it.” she sighed.

“So why did you call me here professor?” I asked.

“You want to ask me some questions. That’s why and I’m pretty sure they aren’t academic.”

“How did you know?” I was surprised.

“You have a questioning look in your eyes whenever you are in class. You are curious about me, right? So ask any question you want to and I’ll give the answers that I can.”

“Alright Professor-” I started but was interrupted by her.

“Call me Kagome. I’m not used to being called a Professor. Unless we are in the middle of a class or anywhere important, you or anyone needn’t call me that.”

“Kagome…” I felt awkward saying that after calling her Professor all the while. “Where did you study witchcraft?” I asked her.

“I was taught by my mentor. I didn’t study in any school nor did I write any exams.” She answered.

“Why?” was my inevitable question.

“Well, mine was a special case and wasn’t accepted in any school, so I was tutored”

“Why were you a special case?”

“I wasn’t a born witch. Even now I can’t consider myself a witch, in a way.”

“Then how did you become a teacher?”

“Well, for one, the number of people who want to be the DADA teachers are very low and I needed a job.”

“Oh!” I sighed at the anti-climactic ending. “Aren’t you afraid that something might happen to you while you are here?” I asked.

“Now that’s a secret for another time.”

“You told me that you weren’t a born witch but you won’t tell me why you are not afraid to take this position?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well, for one I trust you, so I can tell you my secret. But I can’t tell things you won’t understand. Tell me your real question now.”

“My real question?” I wondered how she knew that I had more to ask. But how I put it? ‘Why can you see through me?’ She’ll just think I’m weird “I don’t how to ask, Kagome.” I said.

“Ok. I know you won’t ask anytime soon. You want to know why I understand you. Why you feel different when I see you, right?”

I just nodded.

“Well that’s because I’m just like you.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll explain. The first fifteen years of my life, I thought I was a muggle, but then I found out that I have magical powers. In other words I was different from others. Then, I find that even in the magical world I’m different. I sort of remind you of yourself don’t I?” she asked. “You are the boy who lived and I’m the mysterious DADA teacher.” She laughed and I also joined in.

When we stopped laughing, “Harry, if you ever get any problems, of any kind, ask me. I might be able to help, more than you know, even if it is about Voldemort.”

I suddenly stared at her. “You used his name. You called Voldemort by his name.”

“You did too. So why should I be afraid to call someone by their name?” she answered.

“You aren’t afraid of the dark lord?” I asked

She shook her head, “The first sign to giving up and the first sign of cowardice is to not stand up to someone, and I’m not a coward.”

“Why?” Was all I could say, not satisfied with the answer.

“Because I’m just like you,” and she smiled. I nodded to her and was about to leave the class when she called me,

“Harry, I am not like the other teachers you have had till now. I know how you feel. You just lost someone precious to you and you are blaming yourself for it. This is the kind of time you might make a mistake. Be careful.”

“How did you know about his death?” I asked without looking at her, afraid I might show the pain on my face.

“I almost made that same mistake. Know that I’ll always be there for you like a sister, your nee-san (elder sister).” This time I did look back. She was there standing near her desk with a soft, sad but true smile.

“Thank you…, nee san.” I said and walked out of the class smiling.

Outside, Ron and Hermione were waiting for me.

“What happened in there, mate? We tried but we couldn’t even use the extendable ears to listen.”

“Don’t worry, we just talked, that’s all.”

“What were you talking about” asked Hermione.

“I asked her about herself.”

“Weren’t you called because you were to get a punishment? We were worried for nothing.” Ron grumbled.

“So, what were you talking about?” Hermione asked.

“I’ll tell you about that later, alright?” I hurriedly told them as Malfoy and his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle came towards us.

“So, Potter got punishment form his favorite teacher huh?” Malfoy sneered.

“Back off, Malfoy!” Ron glared at him.

Malfoy ignored him and continued, “What? Cat got your tongue, Potter?”

“What do you want Malfoy?” I finally asked, venom dripping from my voice.

“You were all smiley when you came out. What kind of punishment did you get from her?” Ok, Malfoy had gone too far this time.

“Impedius” I shouted and Malfoy flew back and hit the wall of the corridor.

He got up and shouted, “I will get back at you for what you did to my father. Stupefy!” he shouted. I was about to counter the curse when things happened really fast.

Professor Kagome came out of the class looking very angry. She took out her wand and did a non-verbal spell. Both of us fell back, but I didn’t feel the pain on the impact at all. Then, I lost consciousness.

A’s POV~~~~~

The whole corridor was filled with students by now.

“Take them to them to the infirmary. I’ll talk to you there.” She cleared the way towards the infirmary so Hermione and Ron could take Harry and Crabbe and Goyle could take Draco to the infirmary.

As soon as Madame Pomfrey saw them, she rushed to them. “My, my, what happened to them?” She moved both of them to two beds. “Are they alright, Professor?” she asked.

“I can guarantee you they are both alright. Let them sleep off the tiredness.” Kagome said.

“They were in a fight and I had to stop them and so used a spell to render them unconscious. Other than tiredness, they should be alright. Can I entrust them in your hands ma’am?” Kagome asked.

“Yes. But are you sure Kagome?” Madam Pomfrey asked again.

“Absolutely, and if they feel too tired, you can make and give this energy potion. .”

“Ok, Kagome” Madam Pomfrey said with a smile, “I’ll ask Severus to brew the potion. You sure know your herbs”. Kagome flushed slightly at the compliment.

“I had a friend who specialized in making medicines. I learnt a few potions from her.”

“It’s good to have someone who knows what to do.” Madam Pomfrey and went forward to attend to another student who had turned into a large blueberry due to a spell gone wrong. (AN: Imagine Willy Wonka/ Charlie and the chocolate factory and the full course gum).

After Madam Pomfrey left, Kagome turned to the four students. “You four inform Mr. Potter and Mr. Malfoy that they will be serving detention for one week with me. They are to report to me tomorrow immediately after dinner.” Kagome said, they nodded and she left thinking ‘My first detention. What the hell should I do? If my friends saw me now…..’(LOL)

An hour or two later, Harry and Draco woke up groggily. Their friends were by their sides.

“Hello mate, how do you feel now?” Ron asked Harry.

“Urg, I’m fine, just tired.” Hermione picked up a glass on the bedside table and offered it to Harry.

“Here, Madame Pomfrey told me to make you drink it completely.”

“Make me drink it?” Harry asked contemplating the taste, a thought of ‘worse than usual’ crossed his mind. Hermione shrugged. Goyle gave the drink to Malfoy who was a few (many) beds away from Harry.

Surprisingly the drink was not as bad as the usual, though still not a candy to the tongue. He felt his lost strength coming back.

“That’s supposed to be a strengthening potion.” Hermione supplied.

After some time, Madame Pomfrey came and checked out both of them and declared them perfectly fine, even though she herself seemed slightly surprised by the fact. ‘Why did they faint in the first place then?’

“So, what happened?” Harry asked.

“As you were fighting, Professor Kagome came out of her room. She did a non-verbal spell and both you and Malfoy flew back and fell unconscious” Hermione said.

“Well, mate the good news is that you don’t have a scratch on you. The bad news is that you have one week detention with her along with Malfoy” Ron said.

AN: So, liked the chap? Please leave a review behind.