- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The awaited (not) detention!!

^_*

Kagome Riddle

Disclaimer: Inuyasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi and Harry Potter belongs to J K Rowling.

Summary: Kagome’s past is revealed. She is a descendant of the Riddle house. She hears of her father’s mysterious death. Now she’s out for revenge. No one knows what she is after and dangerous deals are about and what new adventures is the 6th year of Hogwarts bringing for the Golden trio?

Italics: Japanese

Normal: English

Chapter 7: Detention with Malfoy.

AN: OK, I’ll come out with this straight; this chapter will be a HARD lesson for Harry. Might seem unfair but you’ll understand in the end.

A’s POV~~~~~

Harry and Malfoy reported to Kagome the next day after dinner. Malfoy knocked on the door. “Come in.” a voice shouted from the inside. They entered the classroom. The Professor was sitting at the head of the class behind her desk. As they walked up to her, she got up from her seat and motioned them to follow her into the adjacent room. Harry and Malfoy followed her.

The room had many shelves lined with scrolls, a table in one side of the room with a chair along with it. Other than these, the room was relatively empty.

“I’ll be taking both of your wands.” Kagome said putting her hand forward. They gave her the wands which she placed in a transparent box and closed it. Then, she dragged her finger along the edges of the box.

“Professor what are we supposed to do?” Malfoy asked brashly.

“Arrange these scrolls in the order of the date” she went into the next room.

“Looks like we can’t use magic;” Harry thought out loud. Malfoy snorted but went towards the rack. Harry also silently followed him.

Harry’s POV~~~~~

As Malfoy was about reach a scroll on the rack, a pile of them fell on him. I chuckled while he glared at me with all he had. I went towards him and gave him my hand.

But he pushed my hand aside, “I don’t need your help Potter. So stop behaving like you are trying to help me.” I snorted at that. I only did that because I shouldn’t have laughed at him.

“You were the one who got us here Malfoy,” I went to another part of the room to do my work. About an hour passed and we struggled trying to sort them and there had been no sign of Professor Kagome.

“Ah, I finally found it” Kagome entered with a long stick and a small glass ball.

“Come here boys.” She called. We went towards her. She gave the glass ball to Malfoy and the stick to Harry.

“What are we supposed do with these, professor, play ball?” Malfoy commented sarcastically.

“It’s not what you have to do Malfoy, but what Potter has to.” She said. I wondered what she meant by that. “What you hold Harry, is a shinai (wooden sword). You need to break the ball that Malfoy holds, with it.” She tapped lightly on Malfoy’s head with her wand and he was surrounded by a white light. “I’ve placed a protection spell on Malfoy ensuring that he won’t get hurt. Play nice boys. I’ll be in the next room.” With that she left us to ourselves. Oh well, let’s get to work.

I held the shinai with both hands and faced Malfoy. He was smirking and I knew in that instance that he wasn’t going to make this easy for me; when did he ever anyway….? It was only minutes since I held the shinai and tried to hit the ball and already I was sick and tired of this game. What was the point of this anyway? Making me a fool in front of Malfoy? If so, Kagome was doing a pretty good job of it.

The shinai wasn’t that heavy but I was already sweating. Every time I tried to land a hit on the ball, Malfoy moved the ball and the protection spell pushed back the shinai. I could say from seeing his face that Malfoy was having a lot of fun torturing me. “Is the big, powerful Potter unable to hit one small ball with a stick?”

The rest of the time in detention with us like that: Me trying to hit that darn ball and Malfoy taunting me; Kagome wasn’t even here. Wasn’t there some rule to stop Malfoy from talking constantly??

The next day, I was glaring daggers at the smiling teacher and the smirking rival. How could Kagome do this to him? She wanted Malfoy and me to continue that in detention until I was able to break it? Talk about unfair! What kind of elder sis is so unfair to you? (AN: LOL! I don’t have an elder sis nor am I one but I sure can imagine what it might be!)

Kagome’s POV~~~~~

The whole day Harry had been glaring at me. Whenever I pass by him in the halls or he was in my class. Even in the great hall he was glaring at me……

I had a hard time trying to limit my amusement to a mere smile, really afraid when I would just burst out in laughter. He reminded so much of my mate, Inuyasha! Oh kami! (god) How he used to glare at me after I ‘osuwari’ed him. At least Harry got off easier than Inuyasha. I couldn’t think of him being subdued.

As I was walking towards my cabin, the headmaster came up to me.

“Hello Professor Taisho” he greeted me.

“Hello sir. Please call me Kagome.” I insisted.

“I have noticed that Mr. Potter seems to be in a bad mood…… and mostly directed at you” he added the last bit after a pause.

“Oh, that!” I added, my smile returning at full force. “How about we talk about it in the office sir? I don’t want anyone to know about this.”

Once inside, we took our seats. I explained about the detention and a bit more about my intentions about the detention and my reasoning.

(AN: I have given quite a few clues about her intentions. Any guesses??)

“Interesting Kagome, perhaps it could be implemented in other ways also.” Dumbledore suggested to me.

“I’ll wait for another day and take it a step further.” I answered.

He nodded in agreement. “I meant, you could use it in class.” He insisted.

“No sir, it might cause unwanted enemity between the students. “Since you know my past, you know how much it can help Harry. But, I don’t want anyone else involved, sir” I declined him.

“I seems like you have been favoring Harry a bit more than your other students?” he asked.

“Yes” I admitted, half joking, “perhaps more than intended. But, then again it might be due to his high spirit senses or the fact that he is going through what I went through, a few years back.”

“You seem to be taking this role very seriously. Harry will need all the support that he can get” he got up. “I must be taking my leave. Are you planning anything else?”

I bowed in respect. “It depends on Harry’s interest”. Dumbledore nodded and left with a ‘good luck’.

A’s POV~~~~~

At the end of the day, Harry and Malfoy came to Kagome’s cabin and they continued the same activity. Another day passed with no results. That evening, Ron shouted at how unfair it was because he did not like Malfoy getting the upper hand. But, Hermione being the logical one suggested talking to her. Harry debated on what to do. But in the end, he went to Kagome even if it was to argue.

The detention was longer than ever for Harry. Finally, FINALLY, she came and told them it was time to leave. Draco left immediately after getting his wand back. Harry stayed back.

“Is there something you want to talk about?” Kagome asked.

“Well, professor” Harry stressed, “I’m sure you already know what I want to talk about”.

“As convenient as that might be, Mr. Potter, I’m not a mind reader.” She answered in a clip tone. ‘Just as stubborn as Inuyasha! They really got to meet sometime.’

“What was the point of this detention when it was Malfoy who was in fault from the start? He was the one to comm-” he was interrupted

“I already know what happened in the hallway”

Shocked at her response, he asked, “Then why did you punish both of us, ma’m?”

“You need to control your anger.” She told him as straight forward as possible.

“I had a right to be angry” Harry almost shouted.

“True, but anger makes you do actions, you might regret later” Kagome commented, leaning her head sideways on her hand. “You could get a worse detention, probably with Prof Snape, get expelled from Hogwarts or …hmm there are a lot of possibilities”

“But how is hitting a ball going to control my anger if all it does is increase it?” Harry asked a bit more softly.

“Have you tried controlling it? I promise you Harry, that you’ll be able to break it easily. And the keyword is ‘Ignore Malfoy’”

“That’s two words, Kagome” Harry joked. He knew some how that she would not be angered by it.

“Have a good night, Harry and remember to ignore” she wished and stood up to go to another room.

Harry went back to his dorm.

The next day at detention, Harry tried his best to ignore him but Malfoy constantly talked and talked and talked. That’s when it hit him, ‘ignore his talking’. He solely followed the ball with eyes of precision. It was like the snitch, swift and inconstant; always moving. He could follow it with his eyes and probably his hands too. But what about the shinai? How to move it fast enough?

Hey, a shinai was like a sword right? And they did say treat it like the extension of an arm. Well, here goes nothing! And CRACK! It broke and the force of the hit sent Malfoy back.

“I guess we’re done.” Harry said with a smirk on his face.

“Took you quite a while Potter, maybe you’re not as great as you think.” Malfoy jeered. Harry just ignored (AN: Now isn’t that obvious).

“What do you think, she’s doing in there” Harry spoke unabashed by Malfoy’s insults.

Both boys decided to find out and slowly peeked into the next room…Kagome was surrounded by monsters; big, ugly, menacing monsters. But as she danced with her sword, they were torn to pieces. No noise was heard but the scene was gruesome! Blood was splattered everywhere, the walls, ceiling, everywhere! But luckily, there was no furniture in the room. Kagome’s face was graced with a frown as more and more of those creatures came out of nowhere and faced her.

She turned towards the door and saw them and eased up from her stance for a split second. The creature she was fighting took advantage of the crack in the concentration suddenly put a hand straight through her stomach!!!

The boys closed their eyes to shut out the gruesome image. A second later a hand tapped their heads… both jumped back with a slight scream imagining it to be one of those creatures but found Kagome with a small smile.

“Ho- how di-how did u-”-thud-Malfoy fainted.

“You’re alive!” Harry managed to blurt out some coherent words.

“Of course I’m alive. I don’t expect the headmaster to hire a zombie to be a teacher” Kagome joked.

“But the creature, the hand… it went right through your stomach and all the blood in the room” Harry pointed at the room shocked to see that there was not a drop of blood. It was neatly furnished and looked homey except for the weapons lining the walls.

Then, Harry noticed the sword on her waist and realized that it was not a loose nut in his brain. “Where did all the creatures go?”

“First let’s get Malfoy on the bed.” Kagome said “Wingardium Leviosa” Malfoy floated from his crumpled position and finally landed on a bed.

“So, have you broken the ball?” Kagome asked, settling behind her desk. Harry nodded and then, “Kagome what were those creatures?”

“Exactly what they are! Creatures of your imagination!” Kagome exclaimed. “Everything was an illusion!”

“An illusion? How’d you make an illusion?” Harry asked as he never came across such a spell in his books.

“It’s sad you don’t have it in your curriculum. Teaching illusions would have been fun. I learnt it from an old friend who was a wonder at tricks like this”

“You sure have a lot of imagination” Harry commented.

“Believe me I’ve had a lot of help” Kagome thought of all the gruesome youkai she met in the feudal era.

“I didn’t know you were a master of swordsmanship”

“I’m not; I’m still in the learning process. See, that’s why I have to practice everyday, else my teacher would rip my nerves out. Trust me he can do a lot worse if he wanted to, a lot worse.” Both shuddered.

“Do you think he could teach me?” Harry asked.

“Umm, it’s not a wise idea Harry. There’s no probability that you are ever gonna meet him and even if you do, he will flatly decline if I remember him alright and he’s the worst slave-driver you’ll EVER meet.”

“Then, why did he teach you?”

“Unless you wish your teacher’s extremely painful early death Harry, I can’t tell you why” Kagome chuckled “But I can teach you some basics if you wish.”

“Yes ma’am I’d like to learn”

“But can I ask you why you want to learn to use a sword?”

“To learn to use a sword that Godric Gryffindor used.”

A groan interrupted their conversation, Malfoy was slowly stirring. Kagome and Harry went over to him.

“Are you alright?” Kagome asked

As soon as he saw Kagome, the recent events came to his mind, he did only one thing he could think of “AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, a ghost!!!” He ran out of the room and straight to the Slytherin house.

“I guess it’ll take a long time to explain it to him.” Kagome sighed while Harry was trying reaaalllllly hard to not burst out laughing.

AN: That’s the end of another Chapter. I was in a mood to bash Draco but that was some serious exaggeration, more in the next chapter by the way. (LOL) Next chap brings you ……Shippo or may be someone else. Please review!!

Chapter End Notes:

This chapter is dedcated to my mother as I'm loading this on her birthday

 

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER