- Text Size +
 

Chapter 12

 

The Surprising Alliance

 

Once back in the feudal era, Kagashe and Inu got out of the well. Kagashe turned her head, and saw a partial demon standing there. “Who are you?” Kagashe asked. Inu turned, and said, “Shanaru, how did you get to this time?” Kagashe looked at Inu, and asked, “You know her?” “She’s the one and only daughter, thus far, of our Aunt Kagura and Uncle Sesshomaru,” Inu said. “Oh, I see,” Kagashe said. Shanaru had a white kimono, with a yellow belt, and some spiked armor over the kimono, along with two weapons, a fan and what looked like the Tensaiga; her hair had Kagura’s hairstyle, but was long, and silver. Shanaru also had red eyes, two stripes on each side of her face, and a crescent moon on her forehead. Kagashe said, “Uh, Shanaru, I don’t know how any of us happened to get this time, but there has to be a reason for it.” Shanaru looked at her, and said, “I suppose so, but what reason would there be?” “Maybe we’re supposed to help the younger versions of our families defeat Naraku,” Kagashe said. Inu looked at Kagashe and said, “Maybe so.” Kagashe said, “In any case, I don’t believe any of us have a chance of getting to the correct time, unless we go through time like anyone else.” “So, are we going to join our families?” Inu asked. “I really don’t think that is such a good idea at this point in time. Let’s at least wait, until both sides master their swords,” Kagashe said. Inu looked at Shanaru, and Shanaru said, “I certainly agree with your sister.” “Shanaru, Kagura was almost killed by Naraku in this time, so we’ll have to find a way to hide all signs of Kagura from Naraku,” Kagashe said. “Any ideas?” Shanaru asked. “Hmm… Well, mom did tell me of a spell that could hide scents and appearances of one side, whether the parent is human, demon, or anything else,” Kagashe said. “You know how to use it?” Shanaru asked. “My mom told me how long ago,” Kagashe said. “Very well, go ahead,” Shanaru said. “Inu, once we’re finished here, go through the well, and get someone to alert our uncle about this, okay,” Kagashe said, “Oh, and Shanaru, I must say that you will look more like Sesshomaru, so Inuyasha will most likely mistake you for him, and he is in the village at the moment.” “All right, then I’ll go on the outskirts, so we can meet up later,” Shanaru said. Kagashe nodded, and said, “Be careful after you leave the forest of what you say, you never know where the Saimyosho will be.” Shanaru nodded, and Kagashe put her right hand over Shanaru’s eyes.

An hour later, Kagashe and Inu came back to Lady Kaede’s to pick up Kagon. Kagashe looked at Inuyasha, and said, “In about two nights Kagome and Souta will have trouble with a mask with shards.” “How would you know anything about her world?!” Inuyasha steamed. “Inuyasha, ye should listen to her, she previously predicted that ye would be unsealed, and if I’m not mistaken she also predicted how long that would happen,” Kaede said. “Huh? But how could she possibly…” Inuyasha asked. “She said that she was from the future, and I’m beginning to wonder if she might be,” Kaede said. “Kagon, you coming?” Kagashe asked. Kagon got up, and picked up the bow and arrows Kaede gave him while Kagashe had been gone. “Sorry we can’t stay longer, but if we do, that despicable spider demon might try to attack the village,” Kagashe said. “Alright, good luck,” Kaede said.

Once they were on the outskirts of the village, and had met up with Shanaru, they started forming a plan, to divert Naraku’s attention away from Shanaru, and they also chose Shanaru as their leader; Shanaru would always be within a five mile radius of the team, in case of attack. Not far down the road, they noticed a bunch of strong demons, and Shanaru said, “If none of them are on Naraku’s side, then I might be able to persuade them to help.” “Alright, then do whatever, we’ll need all the power we can get,” Kagashe said.

None of the demons were on Naraku’s side, they certainly had no intention of joining Naraku, and so they decided to help Shanaru.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  Kagashe, Inu, Shanaru, and Kagon I created.