- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A note to the reviewer from Ayame's Thoughts: Ayame is Kouga's girlfriend, so yes.

 

 

Chapter 14

 

Urasue’s Entrance

 

Hours later, while on the road, Kagashe, Kaloga, Kagon, and Inu noticed a nine year old girl, with beaver ears, gold hair, bright blue eyes, and was wearing a bright purple kimono, with a yellow and red outlined X on the shirt. The girl was using a large magic paddle against a hoard of demons; water and wind was being thrown at the demons from the paddle. “Why are they after the girl?” Inu asked. “Isn’t it obvious, they are after the jewel shard,” Kagashe said, running to help the girl. The young girl turned to see who was talking and Kagashe came up.

Kagashe pulled out the Tetsaiga, which automatically transformed, and the demons started to talk among themselves. “She can’t hurt us, not with this barrier. That’s what Naraku said,” a lizard demon said. Kagashe said, “Alright, where’s Naraku?” “I don’t know, and I’m the only one who has talked to Sani,” the lizard said, “In any case as long as our barrier is up, you can’t do anything to us.” Kagashe blinked, and said, “Barrier, eh? Get back kid.” The girl got back and Kagashe jumped up and hit the barrier. Kagon asked, “What’s with those red sparks coming out of the Tetsaiga?” “I had no idea she was this far advanced,” Inu said. Kagon looked at Inu, and Inu said, “Watch, she’s about to use what we like to call the “Barrier Buster.”

Kagon watched as the sparks that were forming at the tip of the Tetsaiga began to bond together, and the Tetsaiga turned red. There weren’t any more shocked hoard of demons, then those that were killed in that instant like cockroaches.

The young girl stood there like an icicle, and Kagashe turned and said, after putting the Tetsaiga in its sheave, “Hey kid what’s your name?” “Sornada. I overheard you people talking about jewel shards, the headman gave the shard to me, and I heard the one who sent the demons, was heading west,” the girl said.

“How did you know it was Naraku’s demons that attacked?” Kaloga asked. “Ten demons without a barrier, I’d accept, but ten or more, with a barrier, and during this time, Naraku is behind it somehow,” Kagashe said, with an angry look on her face. “Say, you are all after Naraku?” Sornada asked. “Yes,” Inu said. “May I join you, he is responsible for killing my human mother,” Sornada asked. “Yeah, sure the more we have, the fewer chances he has of seeing tomorrow,” Kagashe said. “Well, shall we go west?” Kagon asked. “Yeah, Naraku’s going to be “deader than a doornail,” Kagashe said.

Three hours later, while heading west, Kagon asked, “So, why do you think Naraku is heading west?” “Well it does make sense. Naraku is about to make his appearance,” Kagashe said. Inu looked at Kagashe with a questioning look on his face. “Now who do we know that could possibly be in this direction?” Kagashe said to Inu. “Oh, right, I see. It’s none other than Uncle Sesshomaru, right?” Inu asked. Kagashe nodded.

A little bit later, Kagashe stopped, and everyone looked at her. “Uh, Kagashe something wrong?” Kagon asked. “What is that in the sky?” Inu asked. Everyone looked up, and Kagashe said, “I figured Urasuae was nearby, and it seems she has come from my village up north.” “What’s your point?” Kagon asked. “Urasuae was the demon that resurrected Kikyo, and if she now posses Kenyo’s remains, we may be in dreadful trouble,” Kagashe said. “It’ll take two days to get there,” Inu said. “Why does this have to happen, now?” Kagashe asked, annoyed. “Well, we’d best go get the remains,” Kagon said.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.  Kagashe, Kaloga, Kagon, Inu, Sani, Sornada, and Kenyo I created.