- Text Size +
 

Chapter 36

 

Misunderstanding

Days later, Kagashe was in a forest with Inu, not far from the group, when out of nowhere Kenyo jumped on top of Kagashe. Kagon just happened to be coming in at that point and misunderstanding the situation, left. “Get off, Kenyo,” Kagashe said, calmly. Kenyo didn’t move, and a frustrated Kagashe yelled, “I SAID, GET OFF!” Slap!

An hour later, Kagashe came out of the forest, covered in berries, which she had dropped when Kenyo jumped her; she gave the berry bucket to Migo. Kagashe grabbed Inu roughly by the sleeve and said, “I trust you will all come to the village once Kagon comes back.” Everyone nodded, and Hachi, who had been nearby transformed into his worm-like form; Kagashe and Inu left with him.

Once at the village, Kagashe and Inu went to the well and jumped in. Inuyasha and Kagome were in the living room, when Kagashe and Inu came in. Kagashe let go of Inu and went upstairs. “Hello, Inu, where’d Kagashe go?” Inuyasha asked. Before Inu could respond, “SLAM!” the bedroom door upstairs slammed. “I wouldn’t talk to her at the moment, I mean after what happened,” Inu said, noticing the look on his mom’s face. “So, what happened,” Kagome asked.

Inu sighed and told them the story. “So this Kenyo jumped her?” Inuyasha asked. “Yes, and Kagon arrived just in time to misunderstand the situation,” Inu said. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other and Kagome asked, “Inu what about Naraku?” “We found his castle abandoned the other day, but he wasn’t there," Inu said, “Why?” “Just as I thought, Naraku is headed north,” towards the Ox-tiger, I believe, right?” Kagome asked Inuyasha.

Inuyasha nodded, and Jii-Chan came into the doorway, with a necklace with diamonds around it. “Jii-Chan said, “Kagome… Ahem… This will…” Inuyasha took the necklace out of his hand and Kagome asked, “What is it?”

“I always wondered where it came from,” Inuyasha said. Jii-Chan was staring in shock and then said, “Impossible, that… that doesn’t work on anyone with demon powers.” Inuyasha turned and said, “Oh, it works, just not in the way you planned.” Inu asked, “What do you mean, father?” “You’ll see,” Kagome said, As she figured out what was going on. “How can it work if you’re still alive and standing here?” Jii-Chan asked. “Rrr…” Inuyasha growled. “Inuyasha,” Kagome said. Inuyasha turned to her, and his expression quickly changed, and said, “Ka… Kagome… d… don’t…” “Sit boy!” KAGOME said. Crash! Inuyasha fell face first to the floor.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, they belong to Rumiko Takahashi.