- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I do not own Inuyasha or anything else created by the great Rumiko Takahashi.
Kagome shivered slightly under her sheets, and curled deeper into a fetal position as a way to find warmth. She shivered again. Letting out a frustrated sigh, she tossed and turned over to snuggle into her snoring husband’s chest. ‘Why is it soo cold?! It’s supposed to be summer!’ She thought angrily. Finally content with the warmth her husband gave her, she fell into a restless sleep.
She awoke again a little later to find it to be much colder than before. She looked up at the sleeping face of her husband and shook him awake. He grunted and blinked his tired violet eyes at her. “Wah?” He asked.

“Inuyasha, turn on the heat or something. It’s freezing in here.” She told him.

“It’s summer!” He groaned as he shut his eyes and snuggled back into the pillow.

“But I’m cold, so go!” She snapped, kneeing his in the side.

He sighed, but crawled out of bed anyway. “It is cold…” He said quietly, rubbing his arm.

He reached for the door knob, and before he was even able to turn it, he was thrown back to the bed by some unknown force. He yelled and his wife screamed.
“Are you okay?!” She asked. He nodded his head and stared at the door wide-eyed.

The door began to rattle and the curtains began to be blown by a wind but the windows were shut. The scent of decaying and burning flesh filled the room. Kagome screamed and clutched her husband as a lamp flew across the room. They both stared at the foot of the bed as a grey cloud began to form. They were too frightened to move. Inuyasha trembled and stared in fear as the cloud formed into a tall figure with a torn gray cloak and a skull for a face that still had decaying skin on it. Blood poured out of its eye holes.
Suddenly, it leapt in the air and loomed over the frightened couple. Reaching out a decayed hand, it began to chant in a dark voice, “Remember… remember… remember…”
Still chanting, it reached out its hand and touched Kagome’s cheek. She let out a blood curdling scream, its touch felt like fire. She stopped screaming and looked at the creature, then fell limp. She was dead.

“Remember… remember… remember!” It continued.

Inuyasha held his dead wife close, not believing that she was dead. But she felt so cold in his arms. “Remember what!” He asked his voice cracked in fear.

The creature reached into one of its sleeves and pulled out a large and jagged knife. Inuyasha began to tremble as it took the knife and pointed it at his chest. “Remember…” It said one last time before driving the small blade in the man’s heart. It pulled it out of his chest and blood began to seep from the wound.

Putting the blooded blade back into its sleeve, it stood back onto the ground and walked over to the side of the bed. Bending over, it whispered into the dying man’s ear, “Remember… Remember, the 1st of September… The day you promised to your one true love.” It kissed Inuyasha on the cheek as he took his last breath. Taking a few steps back, the skulled monster observed his work and began to chuckle.

Taking a bow, it disappeared into the night, never to return again.

A girl was outside the window, swinging on the now dead couples swing set. She was pale and her dark eyes were sunken into her skull. She wore a long dark dress and her black scraggily hair was held up in a bun. The figure appeared before her and kneeled down. “The act was done, Lady Kikyo.” It whispered.

She grinned. “No one was supposed to have you, Inuyasha… Only me… You forgot, my love. You forgot to remember the 1st of September.” She said coldly looking up into the night sky.
Chapter End Notes:
Summer doesn't officially end until September 21 or 22 or somewhere around there.