- Text Size +
Fear not the flame of my love's candle
Let it be the sun in your world of darkness

Kagome stopped in a very small clearing and looked around. He was here she could smell him. She looked behind her as he sidestepped out of the brush. The sight of him made fear serge threw her blood; she didn't have her powers to fall back on. He took a step toward her and she took one away. She was starting to feel funny.

“Kagome…” she swallowed her nerves.

“Yes.” Her voice was shaky.

”Don’t be afraid of me… if I wanted you dead I would have let you die.” She thought about it for a moment as he walked up and put one hand on her jaw line.

“Then what do you want, why is it that I turned into a demon and I’m instantly worth your time.” The glint in his eyes made her shiver; she couldn’t help but be afraid and she didn't know why.

“You where a curiosity… you where worth my time long before you turned.” She frowned.

“I was only a curiosity?” somehow she felt really hurt.

“At first I felt compelled to explore the legend. Then you became more than a curiosity when you changed.” She stepped back only to find a tree in her way. “When you challenged me despite your fear that was it.” She blinked.

“But that was so fast.” He swiftly and not so tenderly grabbed her hand then placed it over his heart. She could feel it thumping under his cloths and skin. Then she felt something else in her. That funny feeling started to grow as her fear started to fade slowly.

“Who your mate is runs in your blood.” She took a deep breath as she watched his cold eyes bore into hers eyes. “All though it does gall me to think that once you where human.” Kagome didn't hear this last comment, she could remember feeling drawn to him and it felt strange.

That was before she changed. Then she turned Kouga down with out knowing exactly why. Now that she was in her true form she felt her blood stir telling her this was right… he was meant for you… you where meant for him… he is your mate… he is your love. He… is… yours.

“But…” he took her by the waist and pulled her to him making her heart flutter and her blood boil. What about Kouga she wondered.

“You are in a dark place Kagome… dreams haunt you every night.” She swallowed hard and despite the harsh cold tone his words where quite romantic. “Be mine and the dreams will end.” try as she might Kagome couldn’t control her body as she flung her arms around his neck pulling her self up to meet his soft surprisingly tender lips. He wrapped both arms around her tightening his grip possessively.

“I don’t know why… but I can’t turn you away.” Her brows gathered above her eyes as they shined with confusion. He put his hand over her heart.

“I told you it’s in your blood. It is something you can’t deny” He watched her eyes clear as he realized that his father’s weakness for humans led him to watch this girl.

Kagome watched his chilly golden orbs and became lost in them. She didn't know what his thoughts where as she clung to him but she knew if there was no love in him for her it would come in time. There was an inkling of love, a small spark. He hated the fact that she was partly human but he knew he would get over it in time and that they had plenty of.