- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah, I know I said Sunday, but...what the hell? Here's 2 more chapters for ya...
 

Ch.2: “The Cat’s Outta the Bag”

I was beginning to suspect that Sango wasn’t pleased. My first clue was when she started screaming at me,

“Who the hell are you and why are you in bed with me?!?!?”

I was confused. How could she not know who I am? Wasn’t it obvious? I tried to answer, but her yells woke up the others. They surrounded me, questionable looks on their faces. Inuyasha had his hand on Tetsusaiga’s handle. I had to tell them quickly.

“It’s me, guys. Kirara.”

Everyone was silent as they exchanged mutters and whispers. It was then that I realized I was still lying in bed with Sango. No wonder they didn’t recognize me! My tails were hidden under the covers. I got up, the blanket slipping off of me, revealing my two, fluffy tails. Everyone gasped, as did I. I wore a furry tube top and matching furry skirt that reached above my knees. Both garments were the same color as my creamy hair. I smiled at everyone, who were still much too shocked to speak. No one had even noticed that Shippo had fainted. I broke the awkward silence.

“Umm…It’s nice to see all of you from…uh, this height.” I stuttered out.

Sango finally spoke. “Kirara, what happened to you?”

I took a deep breath before I began.

“Yesterday, I killed my one millionth demon!” I paused to see their reactions. Confusion was written all over their faces. I continued. “When a demon kills a million other demons, we gain the ability to take on human form.”

I paused again, searching for an example. “Now, I’m like…Sesshomaru. I can either turn into a full cat demon, or look human. Do you understand?”

Again, silence. I growled under my breath. Man, humans are dumb. What did I have to do? Sing it for them?

“So,” Inuyasha spoke, “You’re gonna look like this from now on?”

I nodded. “Well, yeah. Except when Sango needs me.” I looked at Sango with a warm smile. “What do you think, Sango? Are you pleased with me?”

Sango didn’t answer right away. This upset me. I did all of this for her, after all. I nudged her shoulder.

“Sango, I promise I’ll be good. Please let me stay like this.”

Sango hung her head. “I…I don’t know, Kirara. This is really weird for me.”

I had to think of something fast. If she didn’t want me to be this way, I’d change back in a heartbeat. After all, I can’t have my cake and eat it, too. I couldn’t be a cute, little kitten and have a human figure. It didn’t work that way. It was either kitten or human, and it was Sango’s choice. I had a plan, though.

“Sango, let me be this way for 3 days, okay? After that, I’ll go back to normal for you. Please?”

Sango thought a moment, then nodded. “Alright. You can stay that way for three days, if it makes you happy.”

I was ecstatic. I threw my arms around her and thanked her multiple times. She hugged back, but not whole-heartedly. I pried myself away from her and faced the others. Miroku was the first to approach me.

“My, Kirara. You are very beautiful.”

Kagome rushed over and touched my back. “This is amazing! Oh, Kirara, I’ve always wanted to ask you some questions!”

I grinned, showing off my sparkling fangs. I was getting even more attention then usual! Especially from Inuyasha. He hadn’t said a word about how I looked, but his eyes were glued to me. I’d never had eyes look at me like that before. His mouth was also slightly agape. Was it my imagination or was he devouring me piece by piece with his hot, desirable stare? I wanted to approach him, though I wasn’t sure why. I went to take a step forward. I tripped and fell. I looked at my Indian-rubber legs. I had no clue how to use them. How do humans walk without two extra legs? Inuyasha unexpectedly came to my rescue. He got behind me, straddled my arms, and pulled me up; his strong body pressed up against my delicate one. I had never had this feeling before. It was early morning, usually a bit chilly, but at that moment my whole body felt like it was on fire. My stomach fluttered and, for the first time ever, I blushed.

“One step at a time, Kirara.” He said quietly into my ear. “Trying to move both legs at once is just plain stupid.”

I growled. He went from irresistible to jerk in 3 seconds. I grabbed one of his arms and, with all my might, flung him over my shoulder. He landed hard on his back and groaned.

“That…was unnecessary, Kirara.” He managed to spit out.

I stood over him dominantly. “That’s for practicing your Wind Scar on me!”

I watched as a tiny smirk crept onto Inuyasha’s face. Gosh, he was cute. I can’t believe I had never noticed it before. I shook my head, throwing out the idea. From what I’ve seen, Kagome was Inuyasha’s mate. Well, sort of. I mean, they are always together. But, on the other hand, I had never witnessed them in an intimate situation before. Of course, it still didn’t make it right. Kagome still had feelings for him, even if the feelings weren’t mutual. I decided it was none of my business anyway...

Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter will be told from Inuyasha's P.O.V.