- Text Size +
 

Ch.5: “Bad ‘Ol Putty Tat”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I admit it. I was absolutely clueless when it came to human sexuality. But, seriously. Was it my fault that human males get turned on so easily? I wasn’t doing anything bad; just my usual kitty stuff. Kagome and Sango quickly set ground rules for what I could and couldn’t do.

“Kirara, if you’re going to stay in the human form, you need to know how to act like and treat other humans.” Kagome warned.

“First, people can’t pet you.” Sango instructed.

“Second, you need to learn how to sit in that skirt.” Kagome added.

“Third…”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. I suppose next I needed to breathe a certain way? I nodded politely, agreeing with whatever they said. I wasn’t exactly clear on everything they were talking about, but it’s not like I was going to follow through on any of it. That was my first real human characteristic; defiance. I don’t have to do what they say. It’s only friendly advice. Once the little ‘meeting’ was through, I went off on my own. In obtaining my new trait, an old one needed to be removed. I chose to eliminate obedience. Who needed to obey when one already has a mind of her own? I stopped by a creek and looked at my reflection. I was beautiful. I was unaware that, at that exact moment, I had gotten another new trait; vanity. I didn’t know at that time the old one I’d rid myself of, but I learned of it and paid for my ignorance later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, only one thing was on my mind; Inuyasha. I didn’t know why I was thinking about him. I guess I was bored. I looked up at him sleeping in the tree. He looked so peaceful. I got up quietly and snuck under the branch he was sleeping on.

“Inuyasha.” I whispered.

He stirred, but didn’t wake up. I grabbed a stick and poked him in the side with it. He grunted and opened his eyes.

“What’s the big idea waking me up?” He asked quietly, but angrily.

“I…I dunno. You wanna talk?”

I heard him give a low growl.

“No.” He answered quickly.

“Please?” I begged.

“’Bout what?” He groaned after a few moments of silence.

Now, it was I who was silent. What did I want to talk about?

“Stuff.” I said finally.

I heard him moan tiredly. He hopped out of the tree and trudged over to a lake we were near. I could tell by looking in his eyes that he was only half-awake. He plopped himself down at the edge of the water. I sat next to him. He cupped his hands and dipped them into the water to get a drink. I smiled at him.

“So…I’ve always wanted to know, is Tetsusaiga heavy?”

He gave a low grunt, blinking one eye at a time. After a moment, he was out again. He fell into my lap, asleep. I smiled and ran my fingers through his silky hair. I laid down on my back, looking up at the stars. Soon, sleep overcame me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kagome’s shriek echoed throughout all of Feudal Japan. I opened my eyes slowly. I was curled up on my left side, my tails wrapped around my body. It felt like someone was latched onto my waist. I turned to see Inuyasha holding me, sleeping contently. That had to be the reason Kagome screamed. For some reason, her yell didn’t wake him. I decided to wake him the only way I knew how. I pinched his nose until his eyes shot open. Then, it was he who shouted. My goodness, humans are so noisy! Inuyasha released his death-grip on my waist and jumped to his feet, only to be yanked down again by one of Kagome’s ‘sit’ commands.

“Inuyasha, I can’t believe you! You’re such a…such a…DOG!”

Inuyasha murmured something, but the dirt muffled it. It sounded like a curse word to me. I sat up.

“Kagome, nothing happened. If it means anything to you, this was all my fault. I wanted to talk to him last night and we just fell asleep. Please don’t be angry with Inuyasha.”

To Inuyasha’s relief, Kagome focused her anger at me.

“Kirara, didn’t you hear a word me and Sango said to you yesterday?”

Sango and Miroku joined the scene. I wondered what had taken them so long. Perhaps I wasn’t the one Kagome should’ve be yelling at.

“What happened?” Sango inquired.

“I found Kirara and Inuyasha sleeping together in the…” Kagome switched to a whisper. As if I couldn’t hear. “Doggy-Style position.”

“Now, wait just a minute!” Inuyasha shouted. Apparently he had heard her whisper as well. “We didn’t do a damn thing, did we Kirara?”

“Uh…well, actually I don’t remember. We might have.”

Another of Kagome’s ‘sit’ commands rang out. I giggled a little. It was funny how easy it was to get her angry. However, it wasn’t as funny when she was angry with me.

“Kirara, I don’t know what to say to you! It’s like you did this on purpose!” She exploded, gesticulating wildly.

I shrugged. “I did do it on purpose.”

Kagome shouted some words I’ve never even heard Inuyasha say. Once her ranting was done, she stormed away, cursing. Sango didn’t say a word to me, but her expression said it all. I never felt so low, and I didn't even know what I had done wrong.