- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Inuyasha's chapters will be done in bold writing to avoid confusion with Kirara's chapters. 
 

Ch. 3: Cat’s Out of the Bag---Inuyasha’s P.O.V.”

 

I’m not stupid. I knew from the moment Sango woke us up with that pig-like squeal of hers that the woman next to her was Kirara. I also noticed Shippo faint, but that wasn’t my problem. I would’ve said something about Kirara, but I, too, was in shock. I mean, I never expected her to be so...beautiful. I got a weird feeling in my gut when I saw her. I only had that feeling once before. It was on the dock…with Kikyo. But even Kikyo’s beauty was surpassed by Kirara’s. I rested my hand on Tetsusaiga’s handle. I guess I was trying to stop myself from falling over. It felt a little odd just staring at her, so I had to say something.

So, you’re going to look like this from now on?” I hoped.

When she said yes, I almost smiled. But, I couldn’t figure out what Sango’s problem was. Why didn’t she want Kirara this way? I personally saw nothing wrong with her. After some persuasion on Kirara’s part, Sango agreed. A tiny sigh of relief escaped my mouth. 3 days was the time Sango had given Kirara to explore her new body. My stare intensified.

Boy, I’d like to explore her new body.

I quickly snapped out of it. Where did that come from? I brushed off the thought. I wiped some perspiration from my forehead. It was then that I noticed she was staring back at me. What the hell was she looking at? She started towards me, but she didn’t get very far. She tripped and fell to the ground. I wasn’t quite sure what to do. Before I could think, I felt myself moving towards her. I picked her up and lifted her off the ground. It was hard not to notice the muscles in her arms. Not bad for a female.

One step at a time, Kirara.” I advised.

I noticed Kagome watching me from the corner of my eye. I had to say something quick.

Moving both feet at the same time is just plain stupid.” I huffed, trying to be as normal as possible.

It worked for Kagome. She went off to do something else. Kirara didn’t appreciate the remark, though, and flung me over her shoulder. What strength! She tried to say it was payback for me practicing the Wind Scar on her, but I know she was just showing off.

So, yeah. I admit there was a little bit of a crush going on, but I didn’t think anything of it. I 'm allowed to get crushes if I want to. Kagome isn’t my mother…or my girlfriend. To tell the truth, she doesn’t look as much like Kikyo as everyone says she does. Besides, Kagome is a little young for me. I prefer older, wiser females. Don’t get me wrong, I love Kagome. I love her like she was my baby sister. I just don’t feel the same way for her as she does for me...which kinda makes things awkward, to say the least.

I won't lie; Kagome owns my heart…but I’ve yet to find the one to tame my soul like Kikyo did. I looked at Kagome. My love for her glows. I looked at Kirara, who was batting a pinecone around. I chuckled. Little did I know that my love for her…would burn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter End Notes:
More chapters come with more reviews. ^_~