- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 4

 

The Parent-Child Meeting

Later, back at Kaede's hut, Kaede came in. "Who's this?" Shippo asked. "Her name is Kagashe, Kagome's daughter; she came in this morning," Kaede said. "How'd he take it?" Kagashe asked. "Considering all things rather well," Kaede said. Kagashe looked at the floor and then looked at Kaede, with a questioning look on her face. “He’s at the tree,” Kaede said. Kagashe got up and went out the door. “So where’s Kagome?” Shippo asked.

At the sacred tree, Inuyasha, who was sitting on a branch, said, “I knew something was wrong.” Just then Kagashe came out of the giant leaves, and Inuyasha turned his head. “Who are you?” Inuyasha asked. “Are you… Inuyasha?” Kagashe asked. “Uh… yes,” Inuyasha answered. “My name is Kagashe, and you should know I’m your daughter,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha got down out of the tree, and Kagashe said, looking down, “I did what I could to save her, but the enemy came out of nowhere, that night.” “What night was it?” Inuyasha asked. “The night before the new moon,” Kagashe said, “The attack started an hour before sunset.”

Inuyasha got on one knee, and put his hand on her shoulder. “Don’t worry you did what you could. I think I saw the whole attack in a nightmare,” Inuyasha said. Kagashe nodded and said, “Mom said that if you want me to I could take the necklace off, but I don’t think she would ever do it herself.” “She said… that?” Inuyasha asked. “Uh huh! It has to be your choice though,” Kagashe said. “I’d rather keep it,” Inuyasha said. Inuyasha took his hand off Kagashe, and Kagashe nodded. Inuyasha got up and said, “We need to get to Kaede’s.” “They probably already know about Kagome because they’re with Kaede,” Kagashe said. Inuyasha and Kagashe headed back to Kaede’s.

Once at Kaede’s, Inuyasha said, “Kagashe is coming with us.” “We figured as much, since she is your daughter.” Shippo said. “Sango, we’ll still stay with you, if that is okay with you,” Inuyasha stated. “Sure,” Sango said, “I'll need help to find Kohaku.” “I don’t know how hard it will be to find Kohaku,” Inuyasha said. Sango nodded and said, “Thanks!” The nine year old girl that was sitting next to Sango, said, “we definantly need to stick to one enemy, and one only specifically, Naraku.” “Of course, Sanku, Miroku said. Sanku had a demon-slayer outfit on, and looked mostly like Sango, but had Miroku’s eyes, and had a cross boomerang.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.