- Text Size +

One-upsmanship

~ ~ ~

Kagome and Inuyasha watched on, with amusement and irritation respectively, as Shippou flirted with the pretty girl in the village they’d stopped in. It was a source of fun to the entire group that he found a new love in each new place – though they all fervently hoped he wouldn’t grow up to follow in Miroku’s perverted footsteps.

When her stomach growled loud enough that even Shippou turned and made a face at her Kagome decided it was time for lunch. Standing, she brushed off her skirt, then went to look for Miroku and Sango.

Inuyasha crossed his arms with a silent ‘hmpf’ as he watched Kagome walking away. Turning, he scowled down at the riverside in time to see Shippou waving to the girl before making his way over to him.

“Certainly are friendly, aren’t ya?” he snapped, derision thick in his tone.

Shippou stuck his tongue out at him. “We can’t all be as anti-social as you.” Sitting down next to him he followed Inuyasha’s gaze to Kagome’s retreating back. “I could help you out, you know, give you some pointers…” he offered suddenly.

“Keh.” Inuyasha kept his eyes averted though he couldn’t hide the subtle blush that stole across his cheeks.

Suddenly making a decision– after all, he couldn’t let himself be beat out by some snotty little kid – he took his courage in his hands and loped after Kagome to see if he could help her out.

~ ~ ~

'Shy' drabble prompt. 241 words.