- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha! Please don't sue me! ACK!

Sota brought out the box that held Buyo’s body in it with tears in his eyes. He placed it in the hole that had been dug under the sacred tree.

Buyo had died in his sleep last night. He’d been getting old.

Kagome and Inuyasha had been visiting from the feudal era and took part in the burial ceremony that gramps conducted.

When all was said and done Sota ran into the house bawling. Gramps and Mrs. Higurashi headed inside to soothe him.

Inuyasha and Kagome stood staring at the small grave. Occasionally tears sprang from Kagome’s eyes. She wiped them away sadly.

"I’m sorry Kagome," Inuyasha said regretfully.

"Yeah. Me too."

They were quiet for the longest time. Inuyasha eventually put his arm around Kagome’s shoulder. That did it. She grabbed onto him and sobbed into his chest.

He actually felt bad too. He always felt a connection to Buyo. He had fond memories of playing with him while waiting for Kagome to come home from school.

Calming down a bit Kagome looked up at him and said, "You know, if it wasn’t for Buyo we would have never met."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"He got lost in the well house the day Mistress Centipede dragged me into the well. I went to look for him. In fact, he almost fell into the well with me."

To think that day might have never happened sent his heart into painful spasms. He’d never told her how he felt about her. He didn’t think now was the right time. Then again, maybe it was the perfect time.

He reached down and wiped her eyes. "Kagome, I love you."


She gasped. She always hoped to hear those words. She never thought she would.


He sealed it with a passionate kiss.

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave a review!