- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The next two chapters are the final chapters, and I will be having another story, called the Protector.  I have tried for a better title, but no luck.  I had no idea that omeone else is using a similar title at the time it was being written.

Please Read and Review!

 

Chapter 10

 

Kohaku Meets Rin

 

It has been five years, since Sango met Miroku, and a young woman with black hair, had just left a village. The village was slightly north of the Demon-Slayers village. As she was walking down a path, a demon appeared, behind her. She turned around, and stepped back.

The demon lunged at her, knocking her over, when suddenly a sickle and chain sliced the demon's head off. As the woman looked up, an older version of Kohaku, landed in front of her. A large saber-tooth cat landed beside him. “Kirara, get her to safety,” Kohaku said. The cat nodded, the woman got up, and got on top of Kirara.

After Kohaku killed the, now headless demon, he went to where Kirara and the young

woman were. “Are you alright?” Kohaku asked, after arriving. The woman nodded, and Kohaku said, “You need to get somewhere safe.” The woman looked at Kohaku. “Where are your parents? You look awfully young, to be alone,” Kohaku asked.

The young woman looked at him for a second, and Kohaku stared back. “They were killed by bandits, when I was real young,” the woman replied. “Oh,” Kohaku said, sitting down next to her, “What's your name?” “Rin, what's yours?” the woman asked. “Kohaku,” Kohaku replied.

“So, why are you out here, anyway, Kohaku?” Rin asked. “I was asked to slay one demon, but wound up slaying two,” Kohaku said. Kohaku looked at her, for a moment. “Say, since you've nowhere to go, would you like to accompany me home?” Kohaku asked. “You don't mind?” Rin asked. “Nope, not at all,” Kohaku said.

Two days later, Kohaku, Rin, and Kirara found their way back to the Demon-Slayer village. “This is where you live?” Rin asked. “Yep,” Kohaku said, as they landed. As the two got off Kirara, Miroku walked out of one of the huts. “Oh, hi, Miroku,” Kohaku said, as Miroku walked up to him.

Kirara untransformed, back into her kitten form, and Miroku asked, “Who's the woman?” “Oh, her name's Rin, and I wound up slaying another demon, other than what I was sent to slay, because it tried to kill her,” Kohaku said. “Oh, well okay,” Miroku said, “Better give your report.” Kohaku nodded, and left with Rin and Kirara. Miroku headed back to the hut. “Who was that?” Rin asked. “His name's Miroku. He and my sister married two years ago,” Kohaku said. “Oh, I see,” Rin said.

“I didn't find anything on the two demons we could use, but I did get some food, along with the payment,” Kohaku told his father,

when the three of them came to the hut. “Hmmm... we haven't had a challenge in five years,” the father said. “So, you slew two?” the father asked. Kohaku nodded, and said, “I was on my way home, when I ran across the second.” “Oh, okay, well done,” his father said. After about five more years, Kohaku and Rin would eventually marry, but in the Northern mountains, a female wolf-demon was going south.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.