- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 7

 

Narsako's Origin

 

Some time after Ayame showed up looking for Kouga, Inuyasha, Sango, Kagome, Miroku, Shippo, and Kirara were heading northeast, when Kirara transformed, after jumping off Sango's shoulder. “What's wrong Kirara?” Shippo asked. “You know someone nearby?” Sango asked. “Don't worry, it's just Narsako,” Inuyasha said. “Narsako?” Kagome asked. “Who's that?” Sango asked. “Come on out, Narsako,” Inuyasha said. Narsako, who had been following them since Inuyasha was unsealed, by Kagome, came out of the bushes.

Kirara ran up to her, and pounced on Narsako, and licked her. “I'm glad to see you too, Kirara. Now get off,” Narsako said. Kirara got off Narsako, and Narsako got up. “How does Kirara know you?” Sango asked. “What, you didn't think that Kirara was Midoriko's only servant, did you?” Narsako asked. Inuyasha spoke up, and asked, “Narsako, one question, why have you always followed me around?” Narsako sighed and said, “Might as well explain.”

There was a nearby cave and everyone went inside, and sat down. “You see, after slipping on a banana peel, I somehow was thrown right smack in the middle of the fight, with Ryokotsu and Inuyasha's father, which gave him the time needed to seal Ryokotsu,” Narsako said. “Wait, I thought you said, that you were one of Midoriko's servants?” Kagome asked. “I was, but I was accused of killing an entire village, and was put under a spell, by one of your ancestors,” Narsako said, “I was released in your time, not by shards, Jii-Chan, Souta, or you, but by a demon-priestess, as she is called.” “What are you talking about? There is no such creature in my time...” Kagome said. “No not yet, but there will be,” Narsako said. “Oh, I see,” Shippo said.

“Yeah, anyways, not long after Ryokotsu was sealed, Inuyasha, your father asked me to keep an eye on you, until you could fight for yourself,” Narsako said. Narsako then continued. “You see, after I told him that Izaioi would die...” Narsako was cut off. “Wait, you knew that my mother would die?” Inuyasha asked. “I didn't know all the details, but yes, I knew she would by some means,” Narsako said, “She probably would have lived longer, if some stupid cyclop monkeys had not been in the way.” “So, why didn't you stop the arrow?” Inuyasha asked. “If I had history would have been altered,” Narsako said.

“Just what are you? You look only 10, but you must be at least 200,” Shippo asked. “Yes, my type is not like most demons, we're called life and death. We're not named for some animal, like everyone else, instead we're named for spirits of good, that age extremely slowly,” Narsako said. “It would only make sense that your kind are the outcasts, to most demons,” Miroku said. “Yes, how true. There used to be 20 of us; Midoriko took my mom and I in, in order to protect us, which is why she was attacked so often,” Narsako said.

“So, why isn't your mother here now?” Inuyasha asked. “The pole you have always seen me fight with, was given to me, by the one who killed her, in order to make amends. I can only hope that you and your brother come to the same conclusion in the end; I believe you will, because the one that killed my mom, is Sesshomaru's mother,” Narsako said. “Say what?! You have got to be kidding,” Inuyasha said. “So, she was murdered?” Kagome asked. “Yes, surly you noticed what was said during the first fight over the Tetsaiga?” Narsako asked. “Uh, what do you mean?” Kagome asked. Narsako looked at Inuyasha, who nodded, and Narsako said, “If you recall, Inuyasha told Sesshomaru, “she's been dead for years, and we both know it.” “So, why do you continue to follow, anyway?” Shippo asked. THUD! Shippo's head met with Inuyasha's fist. “I'm simply trying to get to my time, and I'm hoping he'll lead me to it,” Narsako said.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.