- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Read and Review!
 

Chapter 8

 

Facing Her Fear

 

It has been 2 years since Inu made his wish, and Kagashe has finally decided that instead of running away, she should have faced her fear. The night of the full moon, Kagashe walked up to Sesshomaru, and said, "If it's alright, I'd like to return to my parents." "Then get some sleep, we'll leave in the morning," Sesshomaru said. It took them seven days to cross to the east border, and the group stopped in a forest, when a 14 year old boy was seen, but Kagashe seemed not to notice. Jaken asked, "I know you know he's there. I've seen that look in your eyes, before." "So, what? No big deal!" Kagashe responded. "Oh, never mind," Jaken said.

The boy had heard about where they were going, and after eavesdropping for a while, he headed towards Inuyasha's village. A few days later, the group arrived at the village, and the boy was waiting for them, for some reason. The boy had on a light blue kimono, and had been helping to kill Naraku, by purifying his heart, while waiting. When the group arrived, Kagura walked by, and Sesshomaru used the whip of light on Naraku, causing his death.

After the Jewel was purified, the boy ran up to Kagashe, and stood for a second. "Who are you? I saw you watching in that forest," Kagashe asked, narrowing her eyes at him. "Name's Kagon. I've been traveling, looking for a place to stay, ever since my parents died, last year," the boy said. "I see, and just what were you doing in the forest?" Kagashe asked. "I... uh... I..." Kagon stuttered.

He somehow avoided the question altogether, by reminding her to talk to her parents. Kagashe walked up to her parents, and after she stopped, she said, "If this is anyone's fault, it's mine. I shouldn't have taken off like that." "No, you were just scared. I would have done the same thing," Inuyasha said. "Kagashe, I didn't mean to scare you, but..." Kagome started to say. "Don't worry you were just doing what you thought would help," Kagashe said.

After a while, Shippo started noticing something that nobody else did, and jumped off of Inuyasha's shoulder and headed towards Kagon, who didn't notice Shippo. "Hmmm..." Shippo said. Kagome walked up to Sesshomaru, and said, "Sesshomaru, thank you for looking after Kagashe." "Just remember, that Kagashe may not be staying for too much longer," Sesshomaru replied, and left. Kagashe ran to the hill, but stopped when she got to the top. Kagura walked up to Kagashe, and said, "Don't worry, I'll tell him for you." She then left, following in Sesshomaru's direction.

Six years later, Sesshomaru's people returned to the village, the same year Rin found Kohaku, and the year that Kagashe would make her decision to leave with Kagon. Sesshomaru's team came by every now and again, and Rin and Kohaku chose to live at the village, with Kagashe and Kagon. Inu's wish did come true, but he told his parents as well as Kagashe, that he never wished for her to come back, but to find happiness, which she did.

 

The End!

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and characters, Rumiko Takahashi does.