- Text Size +

 

 

I do not own Inuyasha and Company, no matter how happy it would make me. Rumiko Takahashi does. I make no money from these fics.

Title: Something to Regret

 

Prompt: Single Ladies by Beyonce

Word Count: 459 (including lyrics)

Pairing: Inu/Kag, Kag/Kouga

Genre: Angst, Romance

Rating: PG for language

Note:  I’m ‘eh’ about this. Not my kind of music, for sure, so it came out awfully short.

 

 

Kagome grinned as she listened to Kouga talk about how Ginta and Hakaku had gotten into a mess while trying to catch fish for their pack, feeling on the edge of her senses just how pissed off Inuyasha was. She laughed and gently laid a hand on Kouga’s arm, giving his muscle a squeeze, the wolf’s eyes lighting up at the contact.

 

He’d been waiting forever for her to see him and now she finally did. He didn’t know what had happened between her and Inuyasha, but he didn’t care, so long as she wanted him now.

 

Up in the club, we just broke up

I’m doing my own little thing

Deciding to dip and now you wanna trip

Cause another brother noticed me

 

Inuyasha seethed as he watched Kagome, his Kagome, sitting and laughing with Kouga.  She was flirting… Flirting… with the obnoxious wolf! How dare she? How could she do it, and right in front of his eyes too?!

 

He couldn’t take it anymore and jumped from his tree branch to put a stop to it. “Get the fuck away from her!” the hanyou snarled angrily.

 

I’m up on him, he up on me

Don’t pay him any attention

Just cried my tears, for three good years

Ya can’t be mad at me

 

She’d been wondering how long it would take him to lose control of his temper and he hadn’t disappointed. It served the hanyou right. He’d had a million chances but he just couldn’t make up his mind. He wanted them both, both Kagome and Kikyo, and he expected her to just live with it, with him never making a choice, never committing to her.

 

Kagome grabbed Kouga’s hand as he started to rise to meet the hanyou’s challenge. “Ignore him, Kouga. He’s just jealous.”

 

“And he should be,” the ookami said with a smirk, pulling her hand to his lips to press a soft kiss to her knuckles. “He was an idiot to let you go.”

 

I need no permission, did I mention

Don’t pay him any attention

Cause you had your turn and now you gonna learn

What it really feels like to miss me

 

Inuyasha stood frozen, mouth open in shock. She’d just blown him off! She didn’t even bother to sit him! Suddenly it dawned on him that he’d been an idiot. He’d had her love and adoration, her commitment, and he couldn’t give her the same, being too selfish and afraid of making the wrong decision, of making her his mate and regretting it later.

 

Now he had something else to regret as he watched her so happy with the wolf. He knew Kouga would have no hesitation in making Kagome his forever, something he should have done long ago.