- Text Size +
Story Notes:
As usual, I don’t actually own Inu-yasha, the charas, etc. I’m only borrowing them.

I wrote this long before I saw the 3rd movie, learned that Lord Sessho-maru's mother is still alive, so I'm calling it AU-ish.

It's also posted in a few other archives, so it may look familiar.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Innonence is lost in more than one way.
Prologue

(Ancient Past)

“I would rather stay here, Father,” he stated, trying his hardest to keep the anguish back.

He could only look at his six-year-old and wonder, “Why Sessho-maru? I have come to take you home with my new wife and I. But you choose to stay here. Why?”

“He is welcome to stay with me as long as he wishes, Inu-Taisho. I have no objections with spending time with my nephew.”

“It is not that Kameko. I had thought he would wish to join me, so I can train him properly.”

Sessho-maru got tired of being talked about like he wasn’t there. “Kameko has been training me. And since she is your sister, does she not know everything that you know?”

Inu-Taisho smiled at his boldness, “That she does, My Son. But there are things she does not know-”

“I do not care Father!” his voice oozed his contempt, “I will not live with you and that mortal wench!” Sessho-maru suddenly disappeared into the forest.

A hand on his shoulder stopped him from calling back his son. “The pain is still too fresh for him, My Brother. Do not worry about him. I shall watch over him. Maybe someday he will be able to join you,” Kameko stated, watching her brother accept his son’s decision.

(Some months later)

“She has important business elsewhere Sessho-maru. Kameko told you to stay here with the other children,” the wizened old man reminded him as he jumped into the trees.

“ You need not remind me Machi. I am well aware that I am to leave her be. I simply wish to be alone,” he replied to the tree spirit as he took off down the path, jumping from tree to tree.

“Is anyone there?” pulled him out of his thoughts, confusion. He caught the scent of the male as his ears found which direction he was in. He stuck to the trees as he followed the voice. A new scent, vaguely familiar, came wafting on the breeze, wiping out any plots of confusion and terror his mind had conjured up. Before he realized it, he was tracking that scent, barely noticing the male heard his movements and started following.

Moonlight shimmered through the trees, growing brighter the stronger the scent became. Stopping in the last tree as he came to a clearing, he suddenly realized why the scent was familiar. Kameko was lying there in the middle of the clearing, her clothes flung throughout it, as if it was unbearable to be confined within them. He sat in total awe at the beauty, glory, and power of her, naked and basking in the moonlight.

A sudden crashing through the bushes below him awakened them both. Sessho-maru saw that he had accidentally lead a wondering priest unto his aunt in her most vulnerable, and yet most powerful of moments. He could only look on in horror and disgust as her hormones controlled them, beckoning the priest into the most basic of instincts.

As they lay sated, when he could finally turn away, he ran. As fast as he could, wanting to go as far away as possible, but he found himself at his den. She could track him through anything; her nose was keener than his. It would be pointless to try to run. Kameko could find him no matter where he went. He would stay and face the consequences, even if it meant death.

He was not his father.