- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters, they belong to the one and only R.T

“Ummm, well this is awkward,” said the woman half laughing.

“Wh-who are you?” asked Kagome in a shaky voice.

“Well....I’m YOU, from the future I guess you could say. Only about four years in the future though, not 500.” She laughed as her eyes sparkled with amusement.

She looked around at her surroundings. “You know, I remember this day, it was right before we...” she looked back at them then shook her head. “Uh, never mind, I wouldn’t want to give anything away and mess things up. Although I think my being here has already messed things up. Like I said I remember this day, but I sure don’t remember meeting myself. I think that’s something a person wouldn’t be likely to forget.” She smiled again, but this time it was to hide the worry that had started creeping onto her face.

“So, do you have anything to eat?” she asked looking at Kagome. “I’m starving!”

Five minutes later, they were seated again at the base of the tree on the hill and the other (future) Kagome was accepting a rice ball from...Kagome.

The entire group stared at her as she ate. They were still in shock.

“Mmmm mom’s cooking, I’ve missed it so much! I haven’t seen her since I ....” She colored, glanced at Inuyasha and cast her eyes downward.

It was Miroku who found his voice first.

“Um, Kagome-sama, I don’t understand how can you be here when you’re already here. I mean how did you....”

“Get here in the first place? Through the well of course.”

“But the well takes me to the future, 500 years in the future. And then it always takes me 500 years to the past. This Era. How did you only go back four years?” asked the younger Kagome.

“The well hasn’t worked correctly every since we defeated Naraku.” She glanced warily around as if afraid that the world would end if she said too much. “It trapped me for three years in the future and then when I managed to come back, the well’s magic sealed up again. Or so we thought. I jumped in today to get Yuka’s dolly out from the bottom where she had thrown it in and suddenly I saw a glowing light and found myself here.”

“So, we do defeat Naraku?” asked Sango.

“Well, in my reality, yes.”

“What do you mean, your reality.”

“Look, if there’s one thing I’ve learnt with all my jumping from future to past, it’s that the future is not set in stone, it can be easily changed, affected and altered, for better or for worse. My accidental visit here may prove harmful and may hinder your attempts to destroy Naraku. If the worst should happen, I would cease to exist in this form and my reality would disappear. Another Kagome would take my place.”

Shippou shook his head, “Whoa, this is waaayy too confusing.”

The older Kagome smiled, reached out and ruffled his hair.

“So, who’s this Yuka?” asked Kagome, trying to learn more about the future she could (and apparently did, for now)have.

“Miroku and Sango’s daughter.”

Miroku’s face broke into a happy grin. “We have a child?!”

“Actually more like three. Yuka and Aumi are twins and the day I arrived back in Feudal Japan was the day after your son was born.”

Miroku’s face shone with happiness and excitement (Sango on the other hand was looking embarrassedly down at her lap) and he probably would have asked more of the future miko but was interrupted by Inuyasha who had finally spoken for the first time.

He had been completely mesmerized by the miko and his mind had been a total blank for the first few minutes they had known her. Only now was something registering in the back of his head that something was wrong.

“Wait, you CAN’T be Kagome.”

“I can’t?”

She looked at him, her dark eyes filling with confusion and he nearly lost his train of thought. Gods she was beautiful.

He shook his head a little to clear it. “Your scent is different.”

She blushed bright red and looked away. “Well, Inuyasha I'm pretty sure that a woman's scent is supposed to change when she is expecting.”

“WHAT?! I’m pregnant. I’m mean your pregnant. I mean...”

The current Kagome looked flustered and seemed unable to look anyone in the eye after this statement was made. Slight horror registered on her face.

“I admit nineteen might seem a little young to people in our regular era, but here it’s pretty normal. It took me awhile to get used to the idea though. Don’t worry.”

“Kagome-sama!” said Miroku with a lecherous smile, “I had no idea that you were THAT kind of woman. Having a baby without being married?”

“I’m NOT that kind of woman and I AM married” she said wrinkling her nose at Miroku who had started to laugh.

“Oooo, anyone we know?” he asked teasingly.

She blushed and looked away. Only the Shippou saw the small glance she stole at Inuyasha.

“Don’t tell me you married that disgusting wolf.” Inuyasha was looking at Kagome with horror on his face.

“Oh Koga? No no, he and Ayame got married about a year after I left. They have a child now, a little girl named Yuri.”

“If it’s not Koga, who is it? Anyone we know?” Miroku slyly glanced at Inuyasha who bushed slightly and pretended not to be paying attention.

The normal Kagome coughed nervously, “Umm, let’s change the subject.”






Chapter End Notes:

 

 

 

the next chapter or the one after that has a little smut in it, so be warned. (I plan on following the future kagome back to her own time.)

come on, come on REVIEW. :)