- Text Size +

Disclaimer:I do not own inuyasha or any of it's characters.

Chapter 3

Twist and Turns

Kagome came out of the house in jeans and a light pink t-shirt to find InuYasha and Tori glaring at each other. Since Tori 'winning' their bet, InuYasha seemed to be on high alert around Tori. Kagome waved at them to start heading down the shrine steps, but in the back of her mind she couldn't help but agree that something was…off about her new friend. She trusted her and she was sure she had no ill intention but still…off. Kagome's thoughts were interrupted by Tori, "Well, the first thing we should do is go get some weapons, I know a black smith in the area, friend of my father's." Opening the door of the limo Tori climbed in, followed by Kagome, leaving InuYasha who was standing with his arms crossed, "I am not getting into that crazy metal contraption."

Tori rolled her eyes, "If you're that afraid then stay here, we can manage just fine without you." InuYasha grumbled and climbed in muttering about how he didn't trust the strange human girl to be alone with Kagome. Tori then told the driver, "Kito, please take us to Kijiya." The driver, Kito, simply nodded and the limo began to move forward. Kagome glanced between InuYasha and Tori who were staring at each other again, the tension was getting harder to deal with. Tori broke her stare to look at Kagome, then back at InuYasha, "Look, this is getting old and more importantly, it's upsetting Kagome, so please tell me what your problem is." InuYasha crossed his arms again, "You're not right, you can't be human. You beat me using…something…but it ain't normal."

Tori raised an eyebrow, "Never thought I would get a lecture on Normal from a demon…Look I am sorry, I didn't mean to do anything…it just kinda happens." Kagome shot InuYasha a look that guaranteed a 'sitting' if he opened his trap, "What happens?" Tori shoulders slumped slightly, "I'm an empath, at least I think I am, it's the only explanation." Kagome nodded thinking about how that explained how Tori seemed to know just what to say. InuYasha looked confused, "An empa what?" Tori smiled a bit, "An empath is a being that can sense and possibly control the emotions of others….I can't control a person's emotions but I can sense them. I tried to learn to control it but sometimes I do it without thinking…..gives people the creeps." InuYasha was studying Tori, "So…you aren't human." Kagome shook her head, "InuYasha, humans can have gifts too or have you forgotten that I can purify things." InuYasha smirked, "pft, barely."

Kagome's eye started to twitch and Tori could sense what was coming, "Kagome, if you sit him now, you'll break the car." Kagome blushed and then the car stopped. Tori grinned, "I guess we're here, InuYasha, it's alright if you don't trust me. I really am sorry, I didn't mean to trick you…I hope we can still be friends." InuYasha just grumbled still not trusting Tori at all…then again she seemed to mean it, "Yea, yea, let's go get this over with." They all got out of the car, and Kagome's eyes widened in surprise, "This is the Kijiya you were talking about, this blacksmith's shop is world renown." Tori smiled, "Yup, daddy had all my training supplies made here, never actually met." Kagome cocked her head to the side, "Training?" Tori nodded, "My dad believed that a young girl must be able to defend herself, especially one of our status." InuYasha knew exactly what she meant, "Your father was a lord." Tori made a face, "Of sorts….Annoying as hell, big fuss over me before they even know that I am worth it, stupid all of it." InuYasha simply nodded in understanding and Kagome seemed a little lost but smiled anyway. With that they went into the shop in front of them.

X~X~X

The large shop was amazing weapons and armor everywhere, the walls, shelves, display cases. There was a large archway that led down to a basement that was roped off with a sign stating that the blacksmith was busy and to go away. Upon reading the sign InuYasha scoffed, Tori laughed, and Kagome grinned, "Good thing he's talented, his customer service seems lacking." Tori rolled her eyes and stepped over the rope. Kagome seemed nervous again, "What about the sign?" Tori shook her head, "Trust me Kagome, it will be fine." Kagome and InuYasha then followed Tori through the archway and down to the basement. They saw the back of an old man as he worked on yet another sword, pausing he said, "Can't you read?" Tori grinned before shouting, "Father always said I was too important for signs!" The man stopped his work and walked over to them, when he came into the light Kagome and InuYasha both shouted, "Totosai?" Tori looked between her new friends and the black smith. "Kijiya? Do you know them?" He nodded, "Tori, I think you should sit down…" Tori held up a hand, "Let me guess, you are really a super old demon who knew Kagome and InuYasha in the past." Totosai smirked, "Always were a smart girl…Now InuYasha, let's see Tetsusaiga." InuYasha growled, hitting the black smith on the head, "You got some explaining to do old man!" Tori rubbed her forehead, "InuYasha is right, you have a lot to explain." Totosai sighed, "Well, give me a few minutes and I will be up, Tori please close up the store."

The three of them were in the store front waiting when Tori started asking questions, "So Kijiya's real name is Totosai, he's a demon and you know him…how do you know him?" Kagome answered, "He made InuYasha's sword, and from time to time we run into him in the past…this is going to get confusing." Tori was about to respond when Totosai entered the room carrying five long boxes, four sword length boxes and one staff length box. Setting them down, he turned to the three of them, "Well, what would you like to know?" Kagome spoke up first, "So, there are demons in this era." Totosai nodded, "We are disguised, The higher levels of government are aware but it was decided the masses would panic if they knew, demon laws apply as well as human ones." Kagome and InuYasha were both surprised, InuYasha asked the next question, "That can't be right, there would be wars between clans and rival packs." Totosai nodded grimly, "Yes well a solution was found for that as well, scents are also hidden, the only way to know what is what is through packs or friendship…unfortunately evil will always exist in this world."

Tori waved her hands in front of her, "This is all well and good, but this isn't what you wanted to tell us, so spit it out already." Totosai grimaced, "Well now your father did say you were straightforward, never mentioned you were scary too." Tori crossed her arms over her chest and narrowing her eyes said, "Spit. It. Out. Now." Totosai rolled his eyes, "You must take these boxes back to the past, I have made each of you weapons and armor….except you InuYasha." InuYasha growled, "You can't be Totosai…He was senile and crazy." The old black smith simply shrugged, "Had to be with that insane brother of yours chasing me all over." InuYasha snapped immediately, "Half Brother." Tori glanced at him, "You have a brother?" InuYasha suddenly seemed beyond annoyed so Tori dropped it and Kagome asked the burning question, "So what did you make us?" Totosai smiled, "I can't tell you, but I can tell you that your weapons will be dormant until the right time." InuYasha was still grumbling something about nosey women and senile old men. Kagome smiled and asked Totosai one last question, "You aren't going to tell us anymore are you?" Tori glanced at Totosai then at Kagome, "Kagome, you already know." They gathered the boxes then decided to grab a little more supplies.

X~X~X

They ended up getting Kagome a new backpack as well as Tori, each filled with food, cooking supplies, Camping supplies, and a first aid kit. InuYasha Groaned when the girls brought it in, but Tori tossed him a back pack of his own, "Settle down dog boy, it's what I owe you." He raised an eyebrow then opened the bag, the grin that spread across his face surprised Tori, but apparently not the now giggling Kagome. Shrugging it off, Tori glanced out the window to the well house, "So Kagome…when should we go?" Kagome looked at InuYasha, "I suppose we don't have to wait, but school…" Tori smiled, 'Don't worry about we take exams one day out of every 2 weeks and our study guides are in our bags." Kagome stood there with her jaw hanging open and Tori chuckled, "Close your mouth Kagome, you'll catch flies that way." Kagome closed her mouth and nodded as Tori continued, "Don't worry so much about how, just be happy."

Kagome smiled, "I guess we can go then, Let's get going." They all headed out to the well house and stepped inside, Tori peered into the well, "So you just jump in and get there." Kagome nodded, "Yup, pretty simple." Tori nodded and Jumped into the well, absorbed by the well's magic Kagome looked into the well with worry. InuYasha looked at Kagome, "What is it?" Kagome didn't stop looking at the well, "I didn't give her a shard."

Chapter End Notes:

Next Chapter: The Gifts of the Future

Author's Note: Just when you think you have figured it out…Well next Tori meets the Gang, stay tuned.