- Text Size +

Disclaimer:I do not own inuyasha or any of it's characters.

Chapter 6

Naraku's Introduction

InuYasha plummeted to the ground, pinning Tori beneath him. After a string of curses she tried pushing him off of her, "Damn that hurts, Get off of me." InuYasha growled, "I can't until the spell wears off." Tori grunted glancing around to try and find Kagome. Suddenly InuYasha hopped up, "This is all your fault, why the hell did you have to hug me." Tori stood up shakily, "Not important at the moment, which way did she go George?" InuYasha looked at her with slight worry, "Who the hell is George?" Tori shook her head, "I really need to stop forgetting where I am…We need to find Kagome." InuYasha nodded and began sniffing around, "Why the hell did you hug me?"

Tori got serious, "I saw it, your memory, your childhood." InuYasha stopped instantly, "What did you say?" Tori started fidgeting, "I don't know how it happened but I saw a memory of yours and it overwhelmed me." InuYasha growled, "You were digging around in my head?" Tori had a rather offended look, "I didn't do it on purpose and I hugged you because I know how it feels to be singled out. Have you picked out Kagome's scent yet." InuYasha growled, this time in frustration, "No, I can't find her scent for some reason…What does a human know about being an outcast, one from the future at that." Tori tilted her head to the side, "I know plenty, I was born with this hair and eyes, people don't get to know you when you look different they treat you like a disease. Guess we will have to look the hard way, probably best that I find her anyway, you better check back at Keade's."

InuYasha crossed his arms again, "Yea, That makes a whole lot of sense, send the human to track in the middle of the night." Tori grinned, "It does if sending the dog boy means a new short cut to the other side of the earth." InuYasha opened his mouth then snapped it shut again, Kagome was probably still furious…or crying, neither of which he wanted to face. So InuYasha simply nodded heading off into the direction of the village. Tori looked around, noting a small trail of disturbed branches. Thinking about how teaching Kagome was going to be a daunting task, she followed her trail. Twenty minutes later, Tori was cursing to herself, "Damn it, How the hell did she get so far?" Tori got to a clearing when she got the feeling she wasn't alone, Sure enough stood in front of her a man in a white baboon pelt.

X~X~X

Kagome walked along thinking about her reaction to Tori and InuYasha hugging, Kikyo she had just accepted because she was InuYasha's first love. She understood that it was hard for him to let go, but Tori, that meant he held no interest for her at all…of course there was a big chance that she completely misunderstood and overreacted. Tori certainly didn't seem the type to jump into a relationship or hug in general. Kagome was about to turn back and apologize when she felt the presence of a shard, a badly tainted shard. It was in the clearing she had just passed, figuring that checking it out subtly was the best option she glanced through some bush to see Naraku and Tori standing across from each other, 'This is bad, really, really bad. I don't know what to do….what would InuYasha do?...' Kagome pictured in her head rushing forward to attack, tripping over a branch and Naraku impaling her through the chest with a tentacle. 'Okay…maybe not what InuYasha do…'

'Um….maybe I should wait…yea, Naraku may just try to make a deal with her and leave, if she needs me I will be here'. Kagome grabbed the bow off her back holding it tightly in her hand, she may not be able to do much but she would help anyway she could. So she watched with caution, praying that everything would turn out fine.

Tori cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow; this was strange, even for a world full of demons. "Um…who are you and what do you want?" The man chuckled, "I am Naraku and I am here to offer you your heart's desire." Tori suddenly knew she was in a very bad situation and reaching for a sword that wouldn't come out of its sheath would end badly. Tori thought back to what Kagome had said, Naraku used tricks, if she played her cards right he would leave without attacking, she just had to be smart. "How would you know what my heart's desire is?" Naraku showed enough of his face to show a smirk, "I have my ways of knowing these things." Tori crossed her arms, "Please tell me that isn't an attempt to be cryptic because it's easier to see I have been spying until I come across something interesting." Naraku smirk widened a bit, "I see you have no time for nonsense, I will insure that InuYasha's heart belongs to you, all I ask for in return is the shards that his group holds."

Tori stood there staring at him, giving both him and Kagome the impression that she was thinking about it. Tori was actually thinking what she was about to say, "What the hell is with you people, don't any of you try to get the whole story? I swear everyone here, the wheels are turning but the hamsters are dead!" Kagome sat wide eyed at what Tori had just said 'Guess I owe InuYasha and Tori an apology, wait did she just call me stupid.' Kagome watched silently, this may not end okay after all. Naraku flat out seemed confused for once, "What?" Tori huffed, "Exactly. Now then, that was probably the most ridiculous offer I ever heard, are you sure you're Naraku? Because no one told me he dressed like a moron." Naraku growled, "Impudent girl, you will pay for your insults."

Tori smirked grabbing her sword without even thinking, "Will that be cash or credit?" She pulled her sword in that instant, using Naraku's momentary confusion to attack. He jumped out of the way as his pelt was cut away from him, "Human, that will not happen again." Tori stood her ground, her sword in a defensive position. Kagome watched in awe, when Tori said she knew how to fight, she wasn't kidding. She seemed as strong as Sango and her fighting style seemed to show knowledge of gymnastics. Naraku studied the human girl carefully, he had not seen a human move like that and her stance was completely unknown to him.

Tori smirked, This Naraku character was practically oozing a feeling she could only define as evil, but now it was tinged with apprehension. Maybe she could keep him off his game so to speak, "So Naraku, don't have better things to do then stalk a girl, man your luck with the ladies must stink." Naraku narrowed his eyes but stayed silent and silence didn't sit well with Tori. Silence meant he was planning his method of attack. Suddenly a tentacle shot forward and Tori barely rolled out of the way. Somehow she knew she was slow compared to a demon but that was close. Rolling out of the way of yet another tentacle she realized that he was toying with her. Glancing down at her sword she wondered why it suddenly came lose. Looking back up she saw three tentacles coming toward her, they were unavoidable. She didn't close her eyes, partially because there wouldn't be time and partially because she almost welcomed death, deep down she longed to be with her family. Instead of death however she saw a brilliant pink light dissolving the tentacles.

Kagome ran to her side, "I owe you an apology." Tori grinned, "I'll say, you sat InuYasha right on top of me and it hurt like hell." Naraku wore and angry look, that pesky halfway priestess had never had such a focused attack before. On the other hand, this saved him the trouble of searching out the shards and these girls were no match for him, he smiled again, and no one would be coming to their rescue.

X~X~X

InuYasha bounded into Keade's hut noticing that everyone was asleep and Kagome was nowhere in sight. About to turn around and look for her he caught a scent, a bad scent. Kicking Miroku he shouted, "Hey, get up Naraku is lurking around." Everyone woke up instantly being ready for battle. Sango glanced around, "Where are Kagome and Tori?" InuYasha stepped toward the door, "I don't know, but we are gonna find them." They ran toward the forest, only to hear Kagura shout, "Dance of blades!" InuYasha jumped back drawing his sword, "Get out of the way, Kagura!" She chuckled looking down from her feather, "I am afraid not, Naraku wishes to speak with your newest companion alone, from what I hear, he wasn't the only one." InuYasha growled and swung his sword toward her, "Wind Scar!" She flew higher, avoiding the blast, unfortunately she didn't avoid Sango's Boomerang.

Sango caught her boomerang as Kagura fell to the ground. Miroku used his staff to knock her fan away, "Kagura, aren't you making this just a little too easy." InuYasha and Sango stood next to him, Sango held her boomerang ready, "Miroku raises a good point, just what are you trying to accomplish?" InuYasha rested his sword on his shoulder, "Why would you want to die wench?" Kagura stood up, "Listen InuYasha, listen real close for what is missing." InuYasha's ears twitched toward Kagura slightly and he got an angry look on his face. "You have no heart." Kagura nodded, "Naraku has it and he is distracted enough for me to speak for a few moments. Help me." Miroku frowned, "Why tell us this now, why wait?" Kagura started shaking and they all saw the tears fall, "He…I just can't handle it anymore, I have no freedom and….he…" Sango gasped in realization of what she was going to say, "How can we help?" InuYasha and Miroku turned their heads to Sango in surprise, and InuYasha said, "and why the hell would we?" Sango gave him a dirty look, "InuYasha, think of what she just said….he forced himself on her." InuYasha's eyes widened and Miroku looked grim. Turning to Kagura, Miroku asked, "Is that true?"

Kagura nodded suddenly collecting herself, "It's time to die." She rolled over to her fan, sending an attack between Sango and Miroku. It cut down a tree and one of Naraku's insects flew to hover over Kagura's head. Grabbing a feather from her hair she flew up next to it, "Next time, don't let me escape!" They watched her fly away and Sango said, "What do you think that meant?" InuYasha growled, "She meant to not make her go back next time. Naraku may be a false half demon, but he still has demonic instincts." Miroku looked a bit confused, "What does that have to do with anything?" Sango looked down, "Father said that some demons punish the more rebellious females of their pack that way. I always thought it was just a story to scare the women into stay out of dangerous situations." InuYasha sheathed his sword, "Only the lowest packs do that. We have to find Kagome and fast." Everyone nodded, knowing that Naraku was no more dangerous than they ever thought.

Chapter End Notes:

Next Chapter: Sesshomaru's Intervention

Author's Note: So I know that Kagura's situation is one, very dark and two, somewhat out of nowhere, but it adds an evil…er side to Naraku that is neccassary to the story line. In the next Chapter, enter Sesshomaru!