- Text Size +

Disclaimer:I do not own inuyasha or any of it's characters.

Chapter 2

The Half-Human Boy

Tori stared blankly at the boy in the doorway, taking in his strange appearance. He had bare feet, Bright red clothing, long silver hair, golden eyes, fangs, and dog ears. Tori blinked. Wait, fangs? Dog ears? They have to be fake. Everyone was not sure how to react so they all stood there, at least until Tori walked over and pulled on one of the boy's ears. "Ow! What's wrong with you woman?" Tori's eyes widened, "They're real?" The boy glared, "Of course they're real, what are you, Stupid?" Tori looked pale and she didn't even respond, instead she sat back down, looked straight at Kagome and said. "I take it he gave you the rabies." Kagome started coughing and her mom snickered a bit. The boy tapped his foot impatiently, "You're taking too long." Kagome frowned, "InuYasha…do you remember when I told you there was only one rule for you in my house?" InuYasha glared, "Of course I do, I'm not an idiot, you said not to be seen by anyone unless it was a life or death situation." All three of the girls stared at him for a few moments before Tori said, "He's not the brightest crayon in the box, is he?"

InuYasha narrowed his eyes at Tori, "Are you calling me stupid?" Tori smirked and said to no one in particular, "Do you have any treats lying around?" InuYasha growled, "Why you –" He was interrupted though, by Kagome, "Say anything else and I will use the 'word'." Tori was surprised that the previously brash boy was suddenly quietly grumbling, but decided to let it go. Kagome looked nervous again, "Well, I suppose I should explain…you see…" Tori listened with a look of mild interest, not knowing that the walking dead priest fiasco was conveniently left out. When Kagome was done explaining, Tori tilted her head to the side and looked toward InuYasha, "So you're half human?" He crossed his arms, "Feh, you got a problem with half-de- huh?" InuYasha wasn't used to people seeing him as a half-human and frankly, he didn't quite know how to react. Kagome knew this wasn't the usual question posed to him, so she simply changed the subject, "Tori, now that you know, staying here shouldn't be a problem, but we don't have much room." Tori smiled handing Kagome's mom a check book and credit card, "You'll find your name on those and will have complete access to my accounts." Mrs. Higurashi was shocked, "I can't take this." Tori held up her hand, "You can and you will, I will not live here for free."

Everything seemed settled then…until InuYasha got impatient again, "Will you hurry up already wench!" Kagome started twitching, "Sit." InuYasha suddenly hit the ground with a THUD. Tori grinned, "Wow, Can you make him roll over too?" More muffled cursing was heard from InuYasha as Kagome rolled her eyes, "Well what do we do now?" Tori stood up at the same time InuYasha did, turning to him she bowed and asked, "I was hoping I could accompany you and Kagome to the other side of the well." InuYasha glanced at Kagome and then back at the bowing girl, no one ever showed him respect like this, except Myoga, but he was a coward. Pushing his surprise back he snapped, "Why the hell would I let a weak human like you come?" Kagome was about to 'sit' him again when Tori replied, "Alright, I will make you a deal InuYasha, if I can pull on your ear within the next 2 hours, I can go. If not…well what would you like…" InuYasha scoffed, "A human like you has nothing I want." Kagome grinned, "That's too bad…she could afford a lifetime supply of ramen." InuYasha looked at Kagome, then back at Tori, "Deal." Tori smiled, now the rules, Kagome isn't allowed to sit you and you can use demon speed but no going through the well, leaving the shrine, or jumping, climbing is okay though. Sound fair?" InuYasha smirked, "Easiest way to get ramen ever." With that he bounded out the door.

Kagome looked at Tori, "Are you sure you're going to be able to do this?" Tori smiled, "You catch more flies with honey, now, where do you keep the Ramen?" Tori spent the next ten minutes making a large bowl of Ramen and sat down right in front of the well house with it. InuYasha saw her sit from his perch on the lowest branch in the Goshinboku. He watched her for a full half hour, just sitting there, doing nothing. He was about to hop down when he remembered the rules, grumbling he climbed down the tree and stood in front of Tori studying her. Tori glanced up to see InuYasha staring at her, "You got a problem dog boy?" InuYasha scoffed, "Just wondering why you gave up…smart….but still wondering?" Tori smirked, "Who said I gave up?" InuYasha narrowed his eyes, "You haven't once tried to grab an ear." Tori shrugged, "How could I? I don't know anything about you, I don't know how fast you are, it might be pointless to run after you, so I have to think of something else."

InuYasha thought about how logical she was being, he didn't like it, "I don't believe you, I think you were trying to lure me close with ramen." Tori chuckled, "You think you are the only person in the world to like ramen? Besides I didn't think you were that stupid." InuYasha growled, "Will you stop calling me stupid, woman." Tori tilted her head to the side, "Well…okay…I don't know where my manners went, I haven't even introduced myself, I am Turoko-ishi Koneko." InuYasha blinked, "That's a long name." Tori grinned, "Tell me about it, just call me Tori, it's tons easier…Can I ask you something?" InuYasha crossed his arms, "You need permission?" Tori rolled her eyes and ignored his sarcasm, "How come you were surprised when I asked if you were half-human?" InuYasha blinked, he hadn't been expecting that and he wasn't sure he should answer. Tori shot him a reassuring look, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I want to be your friend and prodding you won't do that." She stood up walked over and patted him on the shoulder, touching his ear, she said. "Thanks for letting me go." Tori went inside leaving InuYasha asking himself why he just let her grab his ear.

X~X~X

Kagome glanced up when Tori walked through the door, "Hey taking a break?" Tori smiled, "No, I am going." Kagome looked surprised, "How on earth did you catch him?" Tori shrugged, "Does it matter?" Kagome frowned a bit, "I guess it doesn't….So when do you want to go?" Tori looked at her seriously, "Well…we need to get some supplies and since we will be fighting demons…what kinda shape are your weapons in?" Kagome blushed a little, "well…um…I don't really know how to fight." Tori stared blankly at her, "You have been going to fight an evil demon and you can't fight?" Kagome nodded. Tori shook her head, "We'll have to fix that, but first things first. We need to get some weapons. Let's go get InuYasha." Kagome shook her head, "We can't, he hates disguising himself." Tori raised an eyebrow, "Of course he does, would you like having to hide who you are to be like someone else?" Kagome winced suddenly thinking of Kikyo, she pushed that feeling down before Tori noticed, "I guess I see your point…but what do we do?" Tori grinned, "We'll just take him as is, if anyone asks about it we'll tell them he is a performer practicing his character."

Kagome nodded with a guilty look on her face. Tori smiled, "Kagome, stop moping you didn't do anything wrong." Kagome nodded, "I know I just never looked at it like that before….let's go get InuYasha." InuYasha meanwhile was sitting in the Goshinboku, still wondering how on earth Tori was able to trick him. It had to have been a trick, he had almost told her all about his past, something was wrong with that human, he was sure of it. His thoughts were interrupted by Kagome, "InuYasha, Tori wants to go get supplies, she says she needs your help finding some decent weapons." InuYasha hopped down to stand in front of Kagome, "I don't trust this girl, there's something wrong with her." Kagome narrowed her eyes, "Is this because she caught you, I should've known you would be a sore loser." InuYasha growled again, "Is that what that wench told you, that she caught me." Kagome rubbed her head, actually she didn't tell me anything, she asked me if it mattered."

Tori walked out of the house then in jeans and a t-shirt that said 'Make the stupid people shut up'. InuYasha glared at her and Tori shifted uncomfortably, "Did I do something wrong?" Kagome shook her head, "No, InuYasha is just being rude…I should get dressed too." Running into the house she left Tori and InuYasha standing together rather awkwardly. Tori kept glancing toward InuYasha who really seemed to be studying her, then suddenly he started sniffing at her, "What the hell are you doing?" InuYasha kept sniffing, "You smell human but I swear there is something off about you." Having about enough of this, Tori promptly brought her fist down on top of his head. "Ow! What the hell are you woman?" Tori looked at her hand, "Wow, I had no idea you were a wimp too." InuYasha simply growled, now convinced that something was definitely wrong with this girl.

Chapter End Notes:

Next Chapter: Twist and Turns

Author's Note: So what is the mystery of Tori, makes you wonder, but up next things take a new twist.