- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!

 

They both lied in bed as the moon continued to raise, her back nestled against his warm chest to keep the October chill from her vulnerable one. He couldn't resist the urge to caress her abdomen in awe of its smoothness against his calloused hand.

"Inuyasha," her tired voice reached his sensitive ears that had twitched in her direction. "Stop rubbing my stomach and go to bed."

"Can't help it mate," he kissed her shoulder in apology before settling back down.

However it didn't last for long before his fingers once again stroked her belly under the cotton of her nightgown.

"Inuyasha," a warning was clearly hard in her tone which halted his action. "You'll be sleeping on the couch if you don't stop."

As if burned by her words, his hand moved away from her stomach to rest on her hip. There was silence after that which prompted a sigh to leave her lips before her small hand closed around his larger one, bringing it to once again rest lazily upon her round belly. She couldn't help blame him for being anxious when she was more than nervous herself.

"They won't be coming for another week so don't worry. Just try and get some sleep." Again he kissed her shoulder in agreement.

Settling in for the second time, Inuyasha waited for her breathing to even out before he allowed his musings to run rapid through his mind. To this day he had to remember that he had a mate that chose to be with him of all people and at any day now they would be expecting twins. It was just hard to believe he was going to be a father to two beautiful pups him and Kagome had made.

Stretching out his youki to brush against her, he felt as their small but strong aura reacted to him. With a smile upturning his lips, he settled down for the final time that night. But mischievously his smile slowly turned into a smirk.

‘Just one more rub.'

Chapter End Notes:
After my friends and I were talking about when we had wanted to have kids I couldn't stop myself from writing this one.