- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Sadly I still do not own any from Inuyasha *cries in corner* It's not fair!

Me: Sesshy! *runs after the enraged dog demon* I don't see why you are so upset. I think you look adorable.

Sesshomaru: *stops and faces Rayne* This Sesshomaru is not adorable… Why can I not take this damn thing off? *reaches up to his neck trying to pull off what appears to be a pink fluffy collar*

Me: *smiles sweetly* Because it has a charm on it, just like Inu's necklace. *turns to Inuyasha* Inu! I didn't see you there!

Inuyasha: Hey Rayne, so how come I'm the bad guy here? *stares at Rayne*

Me: I'm sorry Inu but I needed you to be a total jackass and drive Kagome into Sesshy's arms. Just for the story of course because Kagome knows that if she tries to take my Sesshy-kun, I would hunt her down and then no one would be able to find her. *glares at Kagome who is staring back fearfully*

Kagome: You know I would never do that.

Sesshomaru: Continue reading...


Inuyasha stormed ahead of the others with Kikyo on his back. "Speed it up you two, we're almost there!" Grumbling could be heard behind him, Inuyasha scoffed and sped up.

Sango glared at the silver-haired hanyou ahead of her, before turning to look behind her at Miroku. She found him staring at her lovingly which made her blush. "Um…Miroku?"

"Yes Sango my love." He smiled when she blushed; and he held her close.

Sango tried to focus but needles to say she was having some trouble. She leaned against Miroku for a second before scooting away with a blush staining her cheeks. "Um…What was I going to say?" Sango groaned when she saw Miroku smile like he had just uncovered the eighth wonder of the world. Miroku laughed and pulled Sango close again.

'Kami I love this woman!'


In the western lands.

This Sesshomaru needs you to continue to pretend to be his intended." He sighed. "However since the Northern Lord believes it, we will have to actually mate each other."

Kagome froze and Kouga yelled.

"WHAT?" He ran out of the corner to where Kagome was standing still in shock at what she was just told.

Kagome snapped out of her shock and glared at Kouga, who shrunk back a bit. "Why aren't you in the corner?" She placed her hands on her hips and her glare intensified.

"B-but Kagome…" He cut himself off at Kagome's glare and slunk back to the corner he was supposed to be in.

Kagome rolled her eyes and turned back to Sesshomaru and noticed him staring intently at her, which made her blush fiercely. "Um…So we have to actually mate?" Kagome bit her lip nervously and wrapped her arms around herself.

Sesshomaru sighed internally and fought the urge to bury his face in his hands. "Yes, this Sesshomaru is sorry to say so." He noticed some emotion flash through the miko's eyes but just as quickly as it came, it was gone.

Kagome was confused and hurt. 'He doesn't want to mate me? Why the hell not? There is nothing wrong with me…But then again why would Sesshomaru want to mate a human?' Kagome sighed and placed a mask of indifference over her face. "Alright then…if you will excuse me Lord Sesshomaru…" She turned to Kouga in the corner. "Come with me Kouga, I think it's time we catch up." She waited for Kouga to join her before striding out of the study without a sparing glance at Sesshomaru.

Kouga looked at Sesshomaru once more before following the young miko out of the study.

Sesshomaru growled to himself. 'What the hell was that about?'

'You actually have to ask that?'

'You again? Why can't you just leave me alone for five minutes?'

'Because you keep making stupid mistakes and I'm here to attempt to help you.'

'What nonsense are you talking about?'

'She is obviously upset that you don't really want to mate her.'

'You have no idea what you are talking about.'

'Yea, sure I don't. Keep telling yourself that.'

Sesshomaru growled and tried to resist the urge to bang his head against his desk. He gave into his temptation and banged his head against his desk a few times; not even realizing that Shippo and Rin were still in the room staring at him.

"Sesshomaru-sama?" Rin moved towards him and tugged on his sleeve, which turned his attention to Rin. "Why don't you like Kagome-mama? Why do you keep making her cry?"

"RIN!" Shippo ran forward and grabbed Rin by the hand. "Don't say anymore…it's not any of his business. Mama wouldn't want him to know…it's just like with Inuyasha." Shippo glared at Sesshomaru before dragging Rin out of the study.

Sesshomaru growled and hit his head once more, before flipping his desk over his then proceeded to destroy his study out of anger. 'How dare that stupid child compare this Sesshomaru to that ungrateful, low class, Inuyasha?'

'You are like the hanyou.'

'What are you talking about? This Sesshomaru is nothing like the half-breed.'

'Well you managed to hurt mate just like the hanyou did.'

'That woman is not this Sesshomaru's mate.'

'But she will be.'

'I hate you so much…'

'But secretly you love me.'

Sesshomaru growled and stormed out of his study in search of Jaken. He had some stress that he needed to relieve.


Kagome had led Kouga to the gardens and was sitting underneath a cherry blossom tree with Kouga staring at her. She smiled slightly and grabbed his ponytail which made him stiffen but all she did was begin to braid it so he relaxed. "So how is Ayame doing Kouga? When are you going to mate her?"

Kouga scoffed and looked away. "I'm not interested in Ayame; I have no interest in mating her." He was blushing slightly.

Kagome saw this and smirked. "You're lying; I can see your blush. You should just mate with her." When Kouga blushed more and shook his head, she tugged on his hair. "You know I'm right." He growled at her which made her scowl and tug harder. "Don't you growl at me."

Kouga glared and pulled away from her. "What are you going to do about Sesshomaru? Are you really going to mate him?" He noticed Kagome's azure eyes darken as she looked down at her lap.

"I gave my word to help him…and I will stand by it even if it hurts my heart that he only thinks of this as a responsibility on my part." She sniffed and tried to hold back her tears. "It's like I'm dealing with Inuyasha all over again Kouga…and I don't really know what to do." She was full on crying now and looked at him.

Kouga felt his heart clench when he saw her broken expression, he gather Kagome in his arms and let her cry into his chest. "Kagome, Lord Sesshomaru is not the same as the mutt…first off Sesshomaru actually as a brain." That got Kagome to giggle. "I just saw how he was acting with you…I believe he cares he just doesn't know how to show it." He rubbed her back and made soothing noises to get her to calm down.

Kagome's sobs died down and she finally stopped her tears, she gave Kouga one more squeeze before letting go of him. "Thank you Kouga." She smiled sadly. "You are probably the only male demon that hasn't disappointed me or broken my heart."

Kouga blushed. "I didn't do anything Kagome…"

Kagome smiled at him and shook her head. "That's not true Kouga. You are a true friend." She laughed as he blushed.


Inuyasha ran up to the doors of the western fortress and barged in ignoring the guards that stared at him in shock.

"KAGOME!"


Thanks for reading! You may now review! Rayne~