- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I sadly do not own Inuyasha.  Rumiko Takahashi holds that honor. 

Me: Thank you everyone that read and reviewed and to those who just read.

*Jaken runs in covered in makeup and flowers*

Everyone: o.O

Rin: *runs after Jaken* Jaken-sama! Rin isn't finished making you pretty!

Shippo: *tackles Jaken and sits on him*

Jaken: *knocked out cold*

Me: Umm…anyway as the children torture the toad please enjoy the story!

 

            “SESSHOMARU-SAMA!!”

            Kagome turned towards the door of the study and had to stop herself from laughing.  Standing in the doorway was Jaken wearing a shockingly pink kimono, geisha makeup and his head was covered with flowers.  As hard as she tried she couldn’t contain her laughter anymore.  Kagome fell to the ground laughing so hard she was having trouble breathing.

            “Sesshomaru-sama, look what that blasted child did to me.”  Jaken tried his hardest to look mad but it was tough considering how he ridiculous he looked.  He looked over at Kagome to see her laughing at him.  “Shut up you stupid human whore.” Silence. Jaken froze as the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees.

            “Excuse me?!”  Kagome picked herself off the ground and stalked over to Jaken; glaring down at him.  “What did you say?”

            “You heard what I said you whore!”

            Kagome was fuming. “I am not a whore!”  Kagome screamed and before Jaken could yell back she moved forward and kicked Jaken into the wall with such force that it cracked.  “Take that you ugly little toad.”  Kagome smirked and turned towards Sesshomaru but before she could open her mouth a little girl ran into the study and attached herself to Sesshomaru.

            “Sesshomaru-sama! You have returned!  Rin missed you very much!  Doesn’t Jaken look pretty?  Rin thought he did but Jaken doesn’t like it and he yelled at Rin…” Rin paused and looked over at Kagome when she saw her she ran over and clung to Kagome.  “Pretty Kagome!  You’re here to see Rin?  Rin is happy to see you!”  Kagome tried to absorb everything that Rin said but she was having trouble.  Shippo jumped off of Kagome and landed on Rin’s head.

            "Rin let's go play! Mama needs to talk to Sesshomaru-sama." Shippo jumped off of Rin's head and started leading her out of the study.

"Bye Pretty Kagome! Bye Sesshomaru-sama!" Rin waved ecstatically to both Kagome and Sesshomaru as she was led from the study.

Kagome turned to Sesshomaru and saw him frowning at her. "What?" She asked defensively, while walking over to his desk.

"Miko, you will refrain from attacking this Sesshomaru's servants!" Sesshomaru really didn't care actually since Jaken deserved what he got, Sesshomaru just wanted to be the one to do it. Abusing Jaken was his stress reliever, and he wasn't just about to lose it. He watched Kagome glare at him as she opened her mouth, Sesshomaru just knew that she was going to argue with him…again.

Kagome glared at Sesshomaru. "He called me a whore! My actions are justifiable!" Kagome couldn't believe that Sesshomaru was upset with her. 'Jaken was the one who came in calling his lord's guest a whore. It's not like it's my fault I'm human, I was born that way. It's not like there is a button in the womb that lets you decide between being a human or a demon.' Kagome was giving Sesshomaru such a deathly stare that he should've died a couple of times. Sesshomaru only arched one perfect eyebrow.

"Be that as it may, you should have let this Sesshomaru handle it, since Jaken is this Sesshomaru's retainer." Sesshomaru inwardly smirked when Kagome looked sheepish and blushed; muttering an apology. He nodded his head acknowledging her apology. "Miko would you like to know what your responsibilities are to be?" Kagome nodded. "You will be watching over Rin; looking over her academic studies. Rin is also aging so she need help understanding… 'womanly' things, you will also keep her safe. This Sesshomaru has many enemies and would use Rin to get to this Sesshomaru." Kagome nodded her agreements to every responsibility that she had.

"Alright, I understand Sesshomaru-sama." She smiled at him and sat in a chair across from him, resting her elbows on the desk; tilting her head to the side a little. She studied him for a few minutes as he leaned down over the desk to look through some scrolls. She suddenly had the urge to know. "Sesshomaru have you chosen your intended mate? (A/N: I know that seems desperate but seriously she wants to know.)

Sesshomaru's head shot up once he heard the question, he wasn't sure how to respond to that. 'Does she want to be my mate? Why is she asking me this?' Sesshomaru collected himself and stared at Kagome. "Why do you ask miko?" He smirked at her. "Applying for the position?" Sesshomaru wasn't seriously asking but when Kagome blushed he knew the answer.

Kagome blushed crimson. "No, I was simply curious." Kagome avoided looking him in the eye and quickly stood up. "Umm…I'm going to go find Rin." Kagome picked up her back and started for the door when she reached for the handle a clawed hand grabbed her wrist. She froze and lifted her gaze to the being the hand belonged to.

Sesshomaru smirked. "Miko, this Sesshomaru will show you where your room is. Come." He gently started pulling her out the door and down the hall. Sesshomaru's thoughts were running rampant; he was trying to figure everything out quickly. 'She is a strange Miko. I have never met one that is polite to demons; there has always been a natural hatred.' Sesshomaru led her to a door and opened it, gently propelling her inside.

Kagome gasped.


Inuyasha was grumbling to himself as he wandered through the forest cutting down anything in his path. 'How could that wench go off with the Ice Prince himself? She's going to get it when I go and get her. She's lucky I'm going to give her a few days to cool down before dragging her back; kicking and screaming if I have to.'


That's it for this time. Next chapter is being worked on now. Oh and before I forget, see that box at the bottom? Click it and review!

Rayne <3