- Text Size +

Chapter 30 - A Detailed Plan

 

This was written for Stella's Proverbial Challenge, Prompt: Fight fire with fire.

 

Decision made, Inuyasha adjusted the direction his pack was walking, heading East towards Kouga's den. He was going to put an end to this romance brewing between his miko and his hated half-brother by adding in a romantic rival. It was the perfect plan!

 

Sesshoumaru would never allow another to claim the female he desired without it leading to a challenge and Kouga was foolish enough not to back down. He didn't have the best sense of self-preservation. The shards in his legs gave him added confidence, leading him to believe he could defeat any opponent and Inuyasha didn't doubt that the wolf would think he could defeat the taiyoukai, despite his obvious strength.

 

When they fought, and they would definitely fight, Kagome would be torn between them. She didn't have romantic feelings for Kouga, but she considered him a good friend. She never let Inuyasha beat him into the ground, not matter what he said or did. The hanyou didn't know how she felt about Sesshoumaru, but he knew that they were at the very least friends. She wouldn't want to see the taiyoukai fight either.

 

The miko was sure to demand that they not fight, but her pleas would fall on deaf ears, and she would be furious with the winner. This was the perfect plan, all right!