- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.

 

A Hint from the Heart by SunsetMiko [Drabble #108]- Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal


Theme: chest
Genre: General
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 200
Summary: The group comes across Sesshoumaru… or did he seek them out?

 

 

Kagome watched with worried eyes as Inuyasha barreled brashly at his elder half-brother like always, with no thought or strategy. He was being stupid and she knew it. Sesshoumaru could kill him in an instant if he wanted to and for some reason held back, even though he continued to assert his hatred for the half-breed. If he really hated him so much why did he keep pulling his punches?

 

Just as expected, Inuyasha went flying backwards and she notched an arrow in her bow, ready to protect him if necessary. As she pulled the string back, a dull ache began in her chest and her hands began to shake. She couldn’t do it. She called out to the taiyoukai, immediately regretting it as he turned almost curious eyes to study her.

 

Why couldn’t she shoot? She hadn’t intended to hit him anyway, only to send a warning shot his way to keep him away from Inuyasha. She’d been able to do it before but for some reason she just couldn’t let the arrow fly. As his eyes studied her the ache in her chest grew and words echoed in her mind once more.

 

‘This is no ordinary man...’

 

“Crap.”