- Text Size +

"It's ok, Shippo. You're fine." Kagome said as she sat Shippo down on her bed.

"I know. I'm sorry, Kagome." Shippo answered sadly.

"It's ok. Shippo, can I ask you something?" Kagome asked.

"What?" Shippo asked as he brushed away his tears.

"Why did you call me 'Mommy'?" Kagome asked.

"I called you that because you remind me so much of her..." Shippo replied.

"I see." Kagome said.

"Kagome! I know this is asking so much of you, but will you be my new mommy?!" Shippo blurted out.

"Shippo!' Kagome shouted.

"Please?! I need a mommy real bad! And you have all the skills to be a mommy!! PLEASE???" Shippo said as tears ran down his face.

"Shippo," Kagome said.

"There's a small ritual to make you my mommy. All I have to do is to bite you and suck your blood. And you have to make and small cut on me and suck my blood. That's all! Please??" Shippo pleaded.

Kagome sighed and said,

"Alright. Make it quick."

"Thank you so much, Kagome!! I love you!!" Shippo called out as he leaned over toward her hand and bite her.

"Ow!" Kagome said.

"Sorry."Shippo muffled.

"It's ok. You done, yet?" She asked.

"Yep! All done! Your turn." Shippo said as he pulled away from Kagome's hand.

"Ok. Where should I cut you?" Kagome said.

"On my hand. Here, I'll make a small cut for you." Shippo replied as he cut his hand with his claw.

"Ok, here I go..." Kagome said as she pulled his hand into her mouth and started to suck his blood.

After a few minutes, Kagome and Shippo were in an embrace. Kagome looked at Shippo and saw he still had blood on his face.She wipped the blood away with her finger.

"Thanks, Mommy." Shippo replied.

"You're welcome, Shippo."

"So, will I call you 'Mommy' at your 'school'?" Shippo asked timidly.

"No, you'll call me your cousin. Go to sleep. You need your sleep for tomorrow." Kagome said as she pulled Shippo into the covers of her bed.

"Ok, goodnight." Shippo yawned.

"Goodnight, Shippo..." Kagome said as she kissed him lightly on the forehead.