- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters from Inuyasha(They belong to the orriginal creator), however I own this story and all orriginal characters. If I have in anyway broken a copywrite law I apologize, it was not intentional in any way shape or form.

A/N:I wrote the begining of this story many years ago and you can tell by the way the writing changes with the progression of the story. Trust me it gets better in the later chapters.

Chapter 1

 

HoJo and Danger

 

Kagome looked her friends over with her gleaming brown eyes. Inuyasha was the same as always, he had his hands tucked into the sleeves of his fire rat kimono and looking away. Miroku was trying, failing but trying, to resist groping Sango's but. Sango was well aware as she shot him a death glare. Kirara and Shippo were running around the small clearing.

 

She cleared her throat to gain their attention and Kirara jumped onto Sango's shoulder and Shippo into Kagome's waiting arms. "Well," She started when she was satisfied that she had all of their attention, "I guess I will see you in a few days when I'm feeling better." she said as she handed Shippo over to Sango.

 

Inuyasha turned away from the girl, "Whatever, just hurry up, we don't want Naraku to get all of the jewel shards."

 

Kagome let anger flow freely through her body, "Is detecting jewel shards all I'm good for?" She asked the hanyou angrily, giving him a death glare.

 

"Well, it's not like you can really help with anything else." Inuyasha said starting to walk away.

 

"SIT BOY!" Kagome yelled and the hanyou's necklace glowed brightly, forcing him to the ground. The miko turned back to her other friends, "Stupid boy." she mumbled under her breath.

 

"Ignore Inuyasha, Kagome. You know that you are a beloved friend and ally." Miroku said in an attempt to reassure her.

 

"He's right; you are like a sister to me Kagome." Sango said as Inuyasha pulled himself out of the crater in the ground.

 

"What the heck was that for? All I did was-"

 

"SIT BOY!" Kagome screamed again causing Inuyasha to plummet to the ground again. She smiled back to her other friends, "Thanks guys. I'll see you later." She said turning to the familiar well behind her.

 

"I hope you feel better soon." Sango said as the miko climbed into the well and, with one last smile let herself fall down into its dark depths.

 

Kagome felt instantly relaxed as the familiar blue glow surrounded her. Finally I can get some rest. She thought as the glow started to fade and the well grew dark. She landed gently on the ground and looked up to find that the ladder that was usually there had been pulled up.

 

"Great now how am I supposed to get out of here?" She thought aloud, trying to find an alternate way out. "I guess I will just have to climb out." She said after a few minutes of thought.

 

"I'm home!" Kagome cried out when she walked through her back door. She was exhausted from having to climb out of the well without a ladder and just wanted to lay back in a nice relaxing bath.

 

Kagome's mother was in the kitchen preparing supper, but stopped when her daughter walked into the room, "Hi honey. How long are you planning to stay?" She asked, pulling Kagome into a warm hug.

 

Kagome had told Inuyasha and the gang that she was only going to stay for a few days, but she figured they wouldn't miss her if she stayed the rest of the week, "Until Saturday." She told her mother.

 

"OK dear, supper should be ready in about an hour." Her mother said as she went back to chopping vegetables for the meal.

 

Kagome yawned, "OK, I'm going to take a bath." she said as she walked out of the room and up the stairs her bedroom. Her whole body felt at ease with the familiar sight, everything was just as she had left it a few weeks ago.

 

I wonder where Sota and Grandpa are. She thought as she pulled out her purple pajamas. I will ask mom when I get out of the bath.

 

Kagome sighed as she sank into the hot bathwater. "This is great." She said lying back, "I can finally take a bath without worrying if Miroku is watching me."

 

XxX

 

With the Inu group:

 

"Why do you always say things like that Inuyasha?" Sango asked after Kagome disappeared into the well. "You know it's only going to make things harder for you two."

 

"Shut up." Inuyasha said walking away from the demon slayer and monk. "What do you know?" He said under his breath as he disappeared into the forest. But they're right. He thought to himself as he started a slow run. All I ever do is push her away.

 

Sango sighed as she watched the silver haired boy disappear in the thick of the forest. "Why does he have to be so blind?" She asked her companion.

 

XxX

 

"Kagome, super is ready!" Miss Higurashi yelled up to her daughter for the third time. That girl, She thought, she probably fell asleep in the bath.

 

"I'd better go up and get her." She said after a few more minutes of waiting. Slowly she climbed the stairs and when she got to the top she heard a door open, "Kagome?" She called out looking to the bathroom door.

 

"Sorry mom, I had to find my hair brush." Kagome said from behind her, causing her to jump.

 

"Oh it's alright dear." She said with a smile. "Supper is ready. We are having Curry and Salad."

 

"OK," the two started to walk down the stairs when Kagome remembered something, "Oh, Mom, where are Grandpa and Sota?" She asked.

 

"Sota took your grandfather to some movie." Miss Higurashi said without stopping.

 

XxX

 

"Ah. That was good." Kagome said leaning back in her chair, "It's been too long since I've had real food." She said to herself.

 

"I'm glad you liked it." Miss Higurashi said taking her bowl and setting it in the sink with Kagome's. "So tell me about your trip to the feudal era." She said looking at her daughter expectantly.

 

Kagome looked puzzled, "You want to know what I do there?" She asked shocked. What's this all of a sudden? She never asks about the feudal era. Kagome thought to herself.

 

Kagome's mother laughed, "Of course I want to know. I hardly ever get to see you and you never really talk to me when you're home."

 

Kagome could hear a bit of sadness in her mother's voice and instantly felt a pang of regret in her heart. If she would have never broken the Shikon No Tama she would be living a normal life and wouldn't make her mother worry about her all the time. "Well, where to start?"

 

XxX

 

Kagome lay back in the sand with her feet in the ocean. "This feels great." She said aloud, even though she was alone. "I haven't had time to relax like this in a while. Even when I'm at home I have to worry about school. I wonder if I should just give up on school all together."

 

"Kagome!"

 

Kagome sat up and looked around for who had called out to her. She looked at the water to see a seahorse talking to her.

 

"Wake up your friends are here!" It spoke in her brother's voice and she looked at it confusedly.

 

"Come on Kagome, you're gonna be late!" This time Kagome's dream faded into darkness.

 

Kagome sat up in her bed, realization dawning on her. "Oh no! I'm late on my first day back!!!" She got up and forced her brother out of her room so that she could get dressed for the day.

 

When she was finished she walked downstairs to find her friends, Yuka and Mizuki, standing at the front door, "Hey guys sorry I'm late." Kagome said as she walked over to grab her big yellow backpack. “Let’s go.” Kagome walked over to her friends, “Why are you guys looking at me like that?” She asked when she saw how their faces were twisted in humor.

 

Suddenly they busted out laughing. "What? What is it??" Kagome looked even more confused at them.

Mizuki pointed at her and tried, failing, to speak through her hysterical laughter.

 

"Your uniform!" Yuka managed to say through laughs.

 

Kagome looked down to find that her shirt and skirt were both facing the other direction, which would be good if it was backwards day. "AH!!! I CAN'T BELEAVE I PUT IT ON BACKWARDS!!" She ran upstairs and fixed it all while thinking, Oh man now I'm really late!

 

Once Kagome had her uniform fixed the 3 girls walked out of the Higurashi Shrine. The day was nice and warm, a sign that summer was on its way.

 

This is nice. Kagome thought as she looked around at the various people walking. I wish that we could find all the jewel shards already so that I can come home more often.

 

"Kagome are you OK? You look a little pale." Mizuki asked, pulling Kagome out of her thoughts

 

"Yeah I'm fine." she answered, but the distraction in her voice didn't go unnoticed.

 

"So tell us about Mr. Arrogant." Yuka said looking at her friend with excitement clear in her eyes.

 

"Yeah, we've been dying to know if there has been anything new." Mizuki agreed.

 

Kagome sighed, I knew they were going to ask about Inuyasha, I should have never said anything to them. “Well, there really isn’t anything new going on.” She saw the disappointment on their faces instantly. Maybe I should say something about the fight yesterday. She thought that over for a second before dismissing it, it wouldn’t be a good idea to tell them that.

 

"KAGOME!" she heard someone called to her from behind the group of friends.

 

The trios turned around to see HoJo running to catch up with them. When he finally did he was out of breath, “Hey… I’ve been trying… to get your attention…” he said looking only at Kagome.

 

“Yeah, sorry we were talking.” Mizuki said, obviously trying to get HoJo’s attention away from Kagome.

 

"Oh.” HoJo said to her before turning his attention back to Kagome. "Here Kagome I got this for you." He handed Kagome a group of bananas, "They have a lot of potassium to help you heal faster. Maybe they will help you get to school more often." He had a goofy smile on his face in hope.

 

Kagome smiled and took the gift wearily, I really wish he would stop giving me these weird gifts. She thought as they continued their walk to school.

 

XxX

 

I don’t understand any of this! Kagome thought as she tried to understand what her geometry teacher was saying about the area of a sphere. Maybe I should just give up on school and stay in the feudal era. She looked out of the window and started to daydream about relaxing on a beach in the feudal ere.

 

It wasn’t until the bell rang that Kagome realized she had spent the whole class time daydreaming. Oh man, I didn’t pay any attention! She thought as she gathered her things and walked out of the classroom.

 

"Hey Kagome do you wanna walk home together?" Yuka called to her friend who was already down the front steps of the school.

 

Kagome turned and called to her friend who was about halfway down the flight of stairs, "Sure Yuka."

 

"Kagome, you know HoJo really likes you right?" Yuka asked her, feeling a bit envious of her friend.

 

Kagome smiled and nodded, "Of course I know that he makes it so obvious."

 

Yuka laughed lightly, “Do you like him?”

 

“Yuka, you know I don’t particularly like the type of guy who gives bananas to the girl he likes.” Kagome said jokingly, she actually enjoyed having HoJo as a friend, but she had someone else in mind for her boyfriend.

 

The two girls laughed as they started to cross the street. Kagome walked a little faster than Yuka and got a bit ahead of her.

 

"KAGOME LOOK OUT!!!" Yuka cried to her friend.

 

Kagome turned to look at what her friend was warning her about. That was when she saw the red Suzuki car coming straight for her.

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading and please review to let me know what you thought!!