- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha in any way shape or form.

A/N: Thank you to everyone who read my first chapter, and like I said in the notes for that the story isn't that great at first because I wrote it so long ago, but it does get better the more you read I promise. Anyway please review and let me know what you think of this chapter.

Chapter 2

 

Inuyasha Who?

 

When Kagome awoke she was in a room she recognized to be a hospital room. She sat up in the uncomfortable room and looked around. The room was that of a typical hospital. Everything was white, the floor, the walls, even the door. Across from the bed was a closed door that probably led to the bathroom. In the corner attached to the wall was a small TV that was switched on and muted. Kagome turned to her mother who was sitting in the big chair in the corner of the room reading a book.

 

"Where am I?" Kagome asked, her brown eyes alight with confusion and curiosity. She was confused because, she couldn't remember how or when she had gotten to the hospital. She was curious as to the reasoning of her being there.

 

Her mother looked up in shock at the sound of her daughters voice. Kagome watched a play of emotions on her face. There was fear, shock, amazement, joy, sadness and the last emotion that stayed on her face was love. "Kagome! You're awake! Finally! I was so worried." Miss Higurashi said when she realized what happened.

 

"Why?" Kagome was confused and her head was hurting really bad.

 

Her mother smiled a depressing smile, "Kagome there was an accident. It has been several months. You were hit by a car. The doctors said that it was a miracle you survived, there was massive internal bleeding and several of your bones were broken. Even though you are perfectly fine now they said that you would never be able to wake up. I told them they were wrong, my Kagome is a fighter. You have to be, I mean you do spend most of your time with demons." She sighed and hugged her daughter. "I'm so happy you are awake, wait until Inuyasha hears."

 

"Um... mom I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about." Kagome's head was really hurting now. What in the world is she talking about? I was in a car accident? I don't remember getting hit by any car.

 

"It's OK Kagome. I will get the doctor to come and examine you now that you are awake." Her mom reached behind her and pulled out a controller on a cord attached to her bed and pressed the button labeled Doctor.

 

A few moments later a tall man wearing scrubs entered the room. He was looking over a chart so Kagome couldn't tell much about him, aside from the fact that his hair was dark brown. "Hai, Miss Higurashi?" he said without looking up from the chart in his hand.

 

"Doctor, Kagome has woken up." She said looking at the doctor, who immediately looked up from the chart to the confused girl sitting on the bed.

 

"So I see." He said not looking away from the girl, "Kagome, I'm Dr. Izumi," He introduced himself taking a few steps into the room so that he was no longer just standing in the doorway. "You have recovered well from your accident. When you first came in, we did several X-Rays on you head and saw some damage on the brain,, it was so sever we were not expecting you to wake up."

 

By this time Kagome was tired of being confused an wanted some answers. "What accident? Why am I in the hospital? I was just leaving to go to the last day of school." the questions came out quickly with no pause.

 

The Doctor looked at Kagome oddly, "Mmm It would seem Kagome has a bit of amnesia."

 

Kagome looked at her mom seeing that she would get no answers from Dr. Izumi, "Mom what's going on is this some sort of trick for my birthday?"

 

Miss Higurashi looked at her daughter, now she was the confused one. "Birthday? Dear?"

 

Kagome shook her head, "Yes mom it's my 15th birthday."

 

"Oh dear! This is worse than I thought. I thought that she just couldn't remember the accident, but she can't remember the past 2 years! Doctor!" Kagome's mom looked at the doctor in hopes for some answers.

 

The doctor looked around the room, "Miss Higurashi, with patients like this we will usually keep them for observation, but you may take you daughter home now. I think that seeing some familiar things will help her, even if it is only slightly. I will focus only on seeing what I can find to help her regain her memory."

 

Miss Higurashi nodded and stood grabbing her purse, "Come on Kagome, we're going to go home now. I will explain everything on the way there."

 

At Kagome's House:

 

The two walked slowly to the front door, still talking about the accident.

 

"So you're saying, I was walking home from school and a drunk guy hit me with his car. My head hit the curb so hard you thought I would die?" She looked at her mother who nodded and continued, "I was in a coma for 3 months and I have no memory of the past 2 years?" She asked as they walked into the house.

 

"Yes dear that's exactly what happened. You should have seen Inuyasha when I told him you might die." Miss Higurashi laughed lightly at the memory.

 

Kagome stopped walking, "Inuyasha?" She questioned, Who in the world is Inuyasha? she thought to herself.

 

A faint "Kagome is that you?" was heard from the other room and suddenly there was a boy standing in front of Kagome. The boy wore an old fashioned red kimono and had a sword sheathed at his side. He had silver hair that reached about the middle of is back. His golden eyes were alight with excitement and joy. He seemed normal aside from the dog ears on his head.

 

Kagome looked at them and reached up with both hands and pinched them lightly in her fingers petting them slightly. Once she realized that the dog ears were real and attached to his head she took a few steps back, "AH! WHAT ARE YOU?!?!?!" Kagome screamed at the hanyou.

 

"Kagome? Are you OK?" Inuyasha looked at the frightened girl, who was now hiding behind her mother.

 

Her mother smiled softly at the boy, "Inuyasha, I should have told you, she doesn't remember the last 2 years, therefore she doesn't remember you."

 

Inuyasha's eyes widened in shock, but never left Kagome, "She doesn't remember me?"

 

"You're Inuyasha?" Kagome asked and Inuyasha nodded.

 

"KAGOME!!!!" A small figure ran toward the girl.

 

"Sota? You've gotten big in the 2 years I can't remember." Kagome all but forgot about Inuyasha at the sight of her little brother.

 

"Don't worry sis, you weren't here too much any way." Sota said giving Kagome a huge hug.

 

Miss Higurashi grabbed Sota and said, "Come on Sota I think Inuyasha has something to say now." The two walked out of the room leaving Kagome and Inuyasha alone.

 

It was silent for a long moment before Inuyasha finally broke the silence, "Kagome, you really don't remember me?" Kagome shook her head and Inuyasha's ears pressed against his head. "I'm sorry." He said as her walked past Kagome out of the house. Maybe it's better this way. I was never supposed to be a part of her life, now she will get the life she was originally supposed to have. A life without demons and the feudal ere. I will just have to find the jewel shards, and kill Naraku on my own.

 

That was the last Kagome saw of him.

 

Several Days Later:

 

"SOTA!" Kagome yelled at her brother who had just ran off into the well house on the property near the sacred tree. He had taken her big yellow backpack.

 

Today was the day she was to go back to school.

 

"I"M NOT PLAYING GIVE IT BACK!!" She ran into the well house after her brother. "SOTA DON"T!" He was holding Kagome's bag over the well.

 

Kagome walked closer to the well and was about to grab her bag when Sota said, "Sorry sis, but you just haven't been the same since the accident and maybe this will help you regain your memory." He dropped the bag.

 

"YOU LITTLE UGH! GET YOUR BUT DOWN THERE AND GET MY BAG!!" Kagome said grabbing her brother's arm as he tried to run past her. She started to pull him to the well.

 

"Sis, let me go, I will go get the bag." Sota said as they reached the edge of the well.

 

Kagome leaned against the well and let her brother's arm go, "Well, what are you waiting on? Get down there and-" Kagome was cut off by Sota pushing her into the well. "SOTAAAAAAAAAAAA!" She screamed as she fell.

 

Kagome was engulfed in a blue light, What's this? she thought. After a few minutes she hit the ground lightly with a low humph. She looked up and was about to yell at her brat of a brother, but she was cut off guard by the sight of the bright blue sky. What the heck? The well house has a roof, so why can I see the sky?

 

She cussed Sota under her breath as she climbed out of the well. When she finally reached the top she looked around at the vast forest stretching out on all sides around her. "What the heck?" she stated aloud. There was a trail leading into the forest directly in front of her, so she started to follow the trail. I hope this will lead me out of this bizarre place and back to my house. She thought.

 

"Where am I? Sota, I bet you knew I'd wind up in this weird place! I know you were trying to get rid of me so you could have my room well guess what you little-" She cut herself off as she realized she had wondered off of the trail. "Oh no! Which way did I come from?" She said looking around the small clearing she was in at the thick brush around her. There was no sign of the way she had come.

 

Suddenly she heard some rustling in the leaves. She turned to see a tall shadow appear in between two trees. The only thing she could see of the shadow was two glowing ember eyes. She was instantly frightened as the figure slowly moved out of the shadows.

 

It appeared to be a man of 18 or 19 years old. The man had long silver hair that flowed down almost to his knees. He had on a white kimono and black armor held on by a yellow and blue sash. A strange pelt was wrapped around his right shoulder. His face was smooth and emotionless. He was really pale so the two dark purple stripes on either cheek under his gold eyes and the midnight crescent moon on his forehead stood out even more than they would have on a normal persons face.

 

"Move wench." The man stated coldly. His voice was calm and angry. He walked past Kagome without looking at her.

 

"Hold it mister! You can't talk to me like that!" Kagome said, forgetting about the fear she felt from the man.

 

The man whirled around and grabbed Kagome by the throat, his claws pressed tightly against her. "You may have saved Rin but that doesn’t mean I won't kill you right now." He said, his voice still calm and velvety.

 

Kagome stared into his empty eyes, "PUT ME DOWN!!" She yelled at the infuriated demon.

 

"Watch your tongue wench, my pathetic excuse of a brother isn't here to save you!" Kagome could hear the warning in his voice.

 

"Like I need to be saved. I can handle myself. Now if you will let me go." She said trying to sound brave.

 

The man tightened his grip and said, "When did you gain such courage when Inuyasha isn't around?"

 

Kagome became confused, "Who is Inuyasha? Do you know me?"

 

The man looked at Kagome still emotionless, "I know it has been over 3 months but I know you are Kagome, are you not?" He said her name with aggravation. He didn't like having to say the name of a human girl. But for some reason he felt obligated to answer her questions. It didn't elude him that she was somehow different than the last time they had met, but he couldn't figure out what exactly was different about her. He reluctantly released her, sensing that her anger had been replaced by confusion.

 

“Yes, I'm Kagome, but I have no idea who you are or who Inuyasha is so please just tell me how I can get back to the trail and I'll be out of your way.” Kagome backed away slowly. Inuyasha is that the name of that boy that was at my house when I got out of the hospital?

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading! Please review!!