- Text Size +

It was around midnight when Tomoko got to the park. Tomoko was wearing her pj's and holding a stuffed bunny. Tomoko looked around for Mizuki. A gang walked up to Tomoko.

"Hey, girly. Do you know what time it is?" The leader asked.

"It's 12. My friend told me to meet her here." Tomoko said.

"I think she meant 12 tomorrow. Let us take you home." A guy said.

"No! Leave me alone!!" Tomoko said.

"Come here!" The leader shouted.

"Tomoko-chan!! Back off!!" Mizuki shouted as she ran onto the scene.

"Kid, go home!" The leader shouted as he punched Mizuki down to the ground.

"Leave...." Mizuki growled.

"What?" The leader said.

"Leave....her alone....." Mizuki growled as she looked at them with her demon eyes.

"What the hell?! You got something in your eyes! They're red!!" A guy said. 

"Leave!! Now!!! Before you get hurt!!!" Mizuki warned as she grabbed her head.

"Lets get outta here!!" They shouted as they ran away from Mizuki.

"Higurashi-san? You ok?" Tomoko asked as she came close to her.

"Are they gone?" Mizuki whispered.

"Yes, they're gone. Higurashi-san!! Your ears!!" Tomoko said as she saw Mizuki reveal her dog ears to her.

"I know. I have a lot to say. Hmm? You wanna touch them?" Mizuki said as she saw Tomoko staring at her ears.

"Can I? Higurashi-san? What are you?" Tomoko asked as she rubbed Mizuki's ears.

"I'm a demon. Dog demon as you can tell. My daddy is a half demon. My mommy is a priestess. She fell down a well and found my daddy. They fell in love and made me. I have medicine to get my ears, claws, and fangs away from human eyes. I can't change my eyes. Now, that you know, will you keep a secret? Please?" Mizuki explained.

"Of course. Let's get going. Kyoto is almost a day's travel by bus. It'll be longer by foot." Tomoko said as she started coughing.

"Get on my back. There is a bus a head. I can smell the fuel burning. I have a few yen on me. Maybe the bus driver will be nice and give us a ride." Mizuki said as she started running toward the bus with Tomoko on her back.

"Higurashi-san." Tomoko said.

"Don't worry. I have a hat. Go to sleep now. You'll need your enegry." Mizuki said as she put on a hat.

"Mr. bus!! Stop!!! Please!!!" Mizuki shouted at the bus as it started to leave the bus stop.

"Hmm? What the hell? Kids! At this hour?!!" The bus driver said as he stopped the bus.

"Thank you. Will you please take us to Kyoto?" Mizuki panted out.

"Where are your parents?!" He asked.

"Please!! My sister is sick!!" Mizuki said as she looked at Tomoko.

"Do you have any money?" He asked.

"Yes, please take us to Kyoto!" Mizuki said as she got out her piggy bank.

"....Get in the back of the bus. I'll take you there. No charge since you're kids."

"Thank you so much, kind sir!!" Mizuki said as she put Tomoko on the back seat of the bus.

"I'm going to lose my job for this...." He mumbled as he drove towards Kyoto.

"We're on our way, Tomoko-chan. I hope mommy and daddy will be fine without me...." Mizuki whispered as she fell to sleep.