- Text Size +

DISCLAIMER:Again,all Inuyasha characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi and its copyright owners. I, Bakuryuha hold neither ownership nor gaining any recompense from writing this story. Now, let’s begin reading. Thank you very much.


TOMORROW
CHAPTER 2: SORROWFUL DEPARTURE

++++ Warning: Rated NC-17 for upcoming chapters. ++++

The warmth of sunray dancing leisurely across Sesshoumaru tall frame ,enveloping him with a touch of gentle hands cradling against his lonely spirit even as the wintry breeze strewing dry leaves from the fallen trees, revealing the breach on the timber ground.

Hear the sound of Nightingale chirping so high on the pile of fallen trees, Sesshoumaru began his path through the mortal community with tousled head little child travelling not far behind on the two-headed dragon back.

Surprisingly, the negotiation last night does really went on well; both Taijiya sibling was most willingly to takes the girl in, whereas Inuyasha, the priest ,and the priestess shall granted her fierce protection. Therefore, today shall be the last day of his duty… taking care of Rin.


Looking back the time they first met, Rin was just mere oddity, a human girl intending to save life of wounded stranger then end up being saved by his experiment of power ; she initiates the generous gesture and he returned her crossing destiny should end there, but in truth… it does not.

Little did he knows the girl was destine to flip his world upside down after the briefest moment she opened her eyes,blinking up at him innocently to the point he inevitably brought her along. And soon before he knows, he was willing to do anything in his power to keep her from harm even if it means to conquer hades or death itself.

Then again, even this Sesshoumaru could not cheat death thrice.

Sesshoumaru prompts himself. Certainly, he understands that human cannot avoid to progress;they able to get sick,old ,and die despite his great effort to keep her...it depends only in the matter of time before Rin mortality shall take her away from him.

Still, at least his decision of releasing Rin shall grant him sometime to sustain the longevity of her life and he going to free her for her own good, no matter how hard or hurtful it is.


Stepping no further into the fate of their intertwining destiny,Inutaiyoukai marching closer into the outskirt of Muzashi , he could sense the gathering of human,smoke and fire,combined with fainted demonic energy even as the familiar surrounding seems to revoked Rin recent memory of being left behind.

He secretly observes the child, feeling the trace of anxiety and her racing heartbeat even as the little girl raised a question at him with insecurity,fear muddling her scent.

"Um…Why are we heading to Kaede sama village again, Sesshoumaru sama?" Asked the girl,voice shaky…her small hands clutching so tightly at Aun bridle.

Notwithstanding the girl enquiry , Sesshoumaru en route through the earthen walkway leading the exact destination he has in mind.

At this hour of the day , Jaken probably awaiting with her personal belongings in front of the old miko's door, and he just wanted to escort Rin there before the sun getting too high. But the anguish look on her face has ceased him cold ,and the Inutaiyoukai eventually changed his mind.

He decided to respond to her question,ever so inertly, giving away the slightest clue of his proposal in order to relieve her fear,and aiming for success… even for a little while.

"Between the Taijya and I…" Sesshoumaru pronounces coldly ,his eyes roaming in distance. "We have some business to attend."

"I see….in that case," Rin murmured quietly, seems to convinced by the Taiyoukai's piece of fact.

She then pull out a small parcel from her kilted kimono, seaching through her various possession as if looking for something, and pick out one glistening carapace she collected from the western seashore ,before asking him one more question.

"Would you mind if Rin want Kohaku to have this wonderful shell from your favorite seashore… like a good luck charm to chase bad thing away,since Sesshoumaru-sama is only protect Rin now and Kohaku is no longer with us?"

"You may do as you please..." Rocking thorough the core by the girl simple entreaty, Sesshoumaru concealed his vulnerable moment even as voicing out his unresponsive commentary,then beginning to walk away.


Time slowly pass by even as Sesshoumaru and Rin making their way through the rural household where all the villagers busy securing their houses in the preparation of the upcoming snowstorm.

Even so, the unearthly beauty of Inutaiyoukai has brought a great deal of attention from the crowd with every steps he takes closer to the holy shrine , including one strange little child who beaming at him from the back of her regal embellished beast.

Mesmerizing by her blissful smile, the cheery sound of her voice , and the way her silent adoration showing evidently through those sparkling brown eyes, the Taiyoukai unable to prevent himself from returning the girl affectionate gesture with one fainted smile of his own, before pacing down the river shore, headed to the end of their wonderful twevel months of journey without any hesitation.


The alliances were united at the assembly ground by the time Sesshoumaru and his human child has arrived at the if both of them were their long lost friends, everyone was waiting to welcome the girl to her new big family with the expression of joy while Kohaku is waving at Rin with the biggest smile painted on his face.

Rin too was very happy to see her adopted brother so much so the girl spontaneously leap off the walking Aun to hug him fiercely in front of the old miko's before she could proceed to do anything further,Inuyasha was emerging from the wooden doorway, with something scorching green struggling to break free from his long finger nails.

And as the white form of his master came to sight, Jaken breaks himself free from Inuhanyou's hand and tumble down gracelessly but manage to prop himself in the proper kneeling gesture.

He then looking up to his lordship,inhales deeply as if he is about to say something on the top of his voice, but as he looking in to Sesshoumaru placid eyes, instead of talking too much as he usally does, the little demon simply address his master and bow respectfully.

"Sesshoumaru Sama."

And with that ,Miroku secretly made an eyes contact with Taijiya nods and everyone swiftly remove themselves from the area ,letting Rin spends the most important moment with her lord…alone.

"Rin." Stated the demon lord,his tone cold as ice as he wants this conversation to end without further ado."This is where you departed …alone."


For one second later, the girl expression was blank , and on the blink of the eyes—her happy little world came crashing down as Rin manage to interpret the commandment of her lord.

She wants to scream, she wants to cry , she wants plead him to change his mind .But… this is Sesshoumaru Sama. His word is the law and she knew how gravely decistive her lord again,tears seem tobe the only way she could think of to bargain his reconsideration at this very moment.

"Why, Sesshoumaru Sama?" The girl queries, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Why are you leaving Rin behind?"

Sesshoumaru serenely look at his adopted accquaintance, then simply turn around, and walks away …letting the inquisition dies down without any reponse.

"Sesshoumaru Sama!" Rin sobbed heart brokenly and run after him, her small hands sought his long sleeve and clutch themselves around the rich fabric. The Taiyoukai halt his step and glance down,seeing his reflection in her tearful eyes…. even as the little girl pursuing him with another question.

"Why can Rin no longer stay with you?" Said the girl , tightening her grip on his haori. "Don't Sesshoumaru Sama wants Rin, don't Sesshoumaru Sama loves Rin anymore?"

While the question asked and the answer expected, a second feels like years for Rin and Sesshoumaru was never the one who talks. Yet, the girl waits for her answer quietly, avoiding her tears from marring the white fabric captured in her hands.

And eventually, Sesshoumaru finally provided Rin the answer she seeks…

"The caged bird will never learn to fly under its long captive wings…" Said he, as tranquil as he usually was. "I am merely granted you freedom, to destine your fate under your own will. And in order to be so, it required for you, to live among the humanity …as a human."

Being only seven years old child, it is too complicated for the girl to be able to comprehend the thorough meaning of her lord philosophic response. However, with the meager knowledge she has for his preference of wordplay, Rin manage to roughly understood the idea of what Sesshoumaru has informed her earlier.
And that was when another inquisition needs to be raise.

"Well, then...do you mean for Rin to stay here, permanently?" Asked Rin, searching her lord's face.

"Do you… notice the chrysalis secure itself under that Tachibana branch, Rin?"

Sesshoumaru replied, while guiding the human girl to look up at the weeping mandarin tree located alongside the village stream. By doing so, the Taiyoukai aspire to voice out the proper answer while soothing her worry without provoking any expectation or future commitment at the same time. Therefore, to bring up the apparent example from the development of butterfly would be the wisest attempt in this current situation.

"When the winter passed by, the inside caterpillar will transform to the splendid butterfly…leaving its cocoon, then take flight freely under its own wings. You too… shall one day lead your own destiny and able to make the decision for what is right for you, when the time comes."

"So, until Rin grew up and become the butterfly, Rin must stay here and cannot be with you. Is that correct?" By saying so, Rin sob quietly before loosening her hands from his silken sleeve.

She is now fully understand that her lord will never changed his mind. And she must wait for the day she grew up to be with him again. But until then, all she could do is crying-for the feeling of departed with her lord is breaking her heart and the road lays ahead is not at all assuring for a girl who is about to seperated with the only relative she has left in this world and must be raise in the far away village , though by the people she is quite familiar with.

So very overwhelming by her grief, the girl buries her face in her hands and starts to whimper. The sound of her lament was resounding throughout the area …and Rin was so engross with her emotional breakdown so much so she barely notice the weight of large clawed hand applied on her small shoulder.

"Rin… listen to is some matter I demand for your understanding."

Witnessing the girl sorrowful reaction, Sesshoumaru decided to Taiyoukai awares that he has speak more than he ever does in his long life over this occurance which only took place in a day. Yet, he knew that it is his obligation to pacify Rin and creating the same understanding by given some require pieces of information for what he has plan in the future for her before taking his leave anyhow.

"This is not at all an everlasting farewell. And I shall be seeing you again…when it comes to appropriate occasion . Do you not understand this,Rin? "

Felt the magnitude of what the demon lord has asked, Rin hushed . She look up to him , using the back of her hands rubbing against the redden eyelids in attempt to wipe her tears away, then nods.

"Rin understands."

With the little girl answer, Sesshoumaru and Rin staring at each other for a very long time. And in such quiet moment, the look of forlorn in the child's bistre eyes makes the demon lord unable to help himself but gently patting the girl on the head …while the little one reluctantly responded to his touch by wrapping her tiny palms on his free hand, as if to plead for more time-to elongates his departure.

Even so, the Taiyoukai do not wish to have his presence lingers, for knowing it will only caused Rin even more time to overcome her intense sorrow.

Therefore, he slowly separates himself from the girl,genuinely glided on his summoned demonic cloud and gradually floats away…leaving the only human he held dear behind, and vanished among the winter sky.


To be continued...

 

Chapter End Notes:
This is the latest chapter I have so far.The Chapter3 will be update as soon as my idea allowed:) Again, please read and review.You comment will help me in improving my writing (^^).