- Text Size +
Story Notes:

unfinished and searching for a willing co-author. I know of plenty inconsistencies that happen in this story (the idea of it started before the end of Inuyasha and needs some updates)

Please if you have any intrest in this story, contact me. :D (help me make it not suck)

Disclaimer: I do not own or profit from Inuyasha in any way or form. He and his fellow characters belong to Takahashi!

Inuyasha took in the scent of the air around him. It was spring and all he could find himself thinking about was her. Kagome. Ever since the day, she removed the arrow from his chest and scratched his ears his heart had belonged to hers. Inuyasha knew that he had to; no needed to tell Kagome how much he loved her. How much he longed to spend his life with her and have pups that had her hair, her eyes, and his ears. It was all a fantasy though. Kagome would never love him. She was a miko priestess that meant she was the purest of the pure. He was a lowly half demon: as much value as a sack of flour. “I can’t keep this hidden anymore. I have to tell her,” Resolved to tell his love what his heart had yearned to say for years the hanyou sprinted off in the direction of the Bone Eaters well.

Kagome Higurashi was tired. Between fighting demons, tracking down jewel shards, dealing with Inuyasha, and trying to pass high school Kagome had plenty to worry about and Hojo’s appearance didn’t help things at all.

“Kagome!,” The miko priestess turned at the sound of her name only to see Hojo running to catch up with her, “Higurashi-san! It is good to see you have been cured of your Tuberculosis! I hear that it is a nasty virus.” Hojo spoke as informative and innocent as ever while he tagged along with Kagome who did her best not to run.

“Yeah Hojo it was a hard one to get over,” Kagome tried to sound as uninterested as possible hopping that Hojo would leave, but as usual he pressed forward.

“Higurashi, take this herbal tea recipe,” Hojo held out the proffered package to Kagome. Kagome stopped walking, turned to Hojo, and looked the tea case over.

Taking the tea case from the naïve boy Kagome tried again to shoo him away, “Thanks for the remedy Hojo. I should try to get home and catch up on my work. I have to make sure I graduate.”

‘Just leave! Let me go home! I DON’T LIKE YOU!’ Kagome screamed in her head hoping that some mystical force would sweep Hojo away at that instant, but to her dismay, Hojo had other plans. ‘Kami, whatever you do, do not dare ask me on a date or walk me home Hojo.’

Hojo waved his hand in front of Kagome trying to get her attention again. “Higurashi perhaps I should walk you home you don’t seem to be able to stay focused!”

“Hojo really I am fine!”

“No I insist”

Little did the pair know a force was coming…

Inuyasha emerged from the Bone Eater’s well in Kagome’s time. He took in the smell of the well house; old, musty, and filled with objects dating far back into Japan’s history. Some might be older than he was. Shaking his head to clear his mind Inuyasha stared at the well door. Of all the things Inuyasha had ever had to do this was one of the scariest. Not that he was scared of Kagome, which he admitted at times he was. He was scared of what she would say. “Whatever her answer is I have to tell her…” Inuyasha exited the well house and took a whiff of the Higurashi shrine to see where everyone was. Inuyasha sorted through the scents that included Mrs. Higurashi’s cooking, which was irritable at most times, the old man doing as much as he usually does, and Souta. He took in another whiff, but he couldn’t smell a fresh Kagome. “She must be at that school thing…” Inuyasha leapt toward the city and began leaping across the roofs heading in the direction of Kagome’s school. Just before he arrived, Inuyasha’s nose caught scent of her smell and that of another male.

“Who is with Kagome…?” Inuyasha leapt down to the sidewalk, landed in a crouch, and slowly stood to his full height behind the intruding male. “Who are you?” was all he said with a deep growl emanating from deep in his chest.

Kagome stood mortified to see Inuyasha tower behind the unsuspecting Hojo and before she could say anything, he spoke.

“Who are you?” Inuyasha said, a low rumbling growl easily heard from his chest, his hands hanging at his sides with his claws flashing in the broad daylight.

“I ask the same of you,” Hojo said this as ignorant and as innocent was possible, “but I shall answer first. I am a friend of Lady Kagome. Hojo is my name.” Hojo held of his hand to Inuyasha who merely looked at it and returned to glaring. Seeing that his gesture of goodwill was unreturned, Hojo lowered his hand and looked nervously over at Kagome.

Kagome was still dumb struck that Inuyasha had not only come directly to find her, but he also had managed to threaten Hojo and forget to wear his hat. It was time to leave. Thinking quickly Kagome blurted out the first thought that came to her head.

“He’s my boyfriend!” Kagome said before she could catch herself. Deciding it was best she rolled with it as Inuyasha’s face flashed with confusion for a moment. “Yeah sorry I didn’t tell you Hojo. I will talk to you later ok?” Before the boy could answer, Kagome grabbed Inuyasha by the arm and started dragging him to her home as quickly as she could.

The pair arrived at the Higurashi shrine to find the home strangely empty. This was odd considering what Inuyasha had smelled earlier.

“They must have gone out for dinner tonight…” Kagome checked the house to see if her mother or brother were still there to make sure, but as she suspected they had gone out.

Inuyasha wasn’t dumb and he knew this was his one chance to tell Kagome how he really felt. How much he loved her and how much he needed her. ‘Alright…here we go…’

“Kagome…I have to ta-talk to you for a minute.” The hanyou did his best to stay calm but his heart was pounding and his mouth was quickly drying.

Kagome looked over at the hanyou from the kitchen. Normally when Inuyasha talked to her it was about the shard, Naraku, or something else, but somehow this seemed different and for that matter important if the hanyou was having trouble speaking. “What is it Inuyasha?” Kagome walked through the kitchen doorway to stand in front of Inuyasha.

“Kagome there is-there is something I have to tell you…” Inuyasha was having even more trouble finding his words as he approached the climax of what he had to say.

Kagome looked at him with a worried expression on her face. ‘What if he doesn’t love me…what if he wants to be with Kikyou after the shards are completed! Why would he want to be with me?’ Kagome tried to clear her thoughts and failed miserably. “Why-why don’t we sit down…?” Kagome gestured to the couch and sat down with Inuyasha sitting down cross-legged next to her. “What do you have to tell me Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha gulped as his heart thundered in his ears. This was it and he knew it. He had to tell her or he would never gain this much courage again. ‘Please love me Kagome…’ Inuyasha took one last deep breath and looked right into her brown chocolate eyes, “Kagome. I-I-I lov-love you Kagome. I always have…and I always will…”
Chapter End Notes:
It was previously posted on Fanfiction.net and DA but I decided it was about time I brought it over here. I'd really appreciate any help.