- Text Size +
The test turned out to be simpler than he thought it would be. History in itself was something he was actually keen on, ever since he remembered LIVING in the past. Of course, he was always a good student, but history wasn't his best subject. Now it seemed so easy…

After class had been dismissed, he still sat at his desk, slightly daydreaming about how he was going to finally show up at home since the change. He was so caught up in deciding to be his usual self, or the self Shoji had been, unaware of just who Mr. Takeshi was all along…he had to remember that the Sesshomaru of the modern ear was far different than the one he knew five hundred years in the past…that he had yet to run into since before the incident. He was so caught up in his thoughts, that he hadn't seen the group of girls slowly surround him, that now surrounded his desk. He glanced up, seeing Ayumi's sheepish expression, before Yuka, the overly opinionated one offered him a glare.

"So…you're the jerk that has been breaking Kagome's heart off and on for the past two years!" she spoke up.

"The violent two timing boyfriend!" Eri added. He rolled his eyes, and looked only at Ayumi.

"Is Kagome outside?" he asked. She nodded.

"Hey! "Yuka spoke up, pointing a finger in his face. He narrowed his eyes at her.

"Get that out of my face or I'll bite it off," he warned her. Kagome warned him about her 'friends', of which Ayumi was the only one she could truly consider her a friend, that hadn't bad talked him like the other two…

Yuka held her glare in place, but he could feel her uncertainty.

"Well, lets hear your complaint then, because you're the ones keeping Kagome waiting, not me." he said.

"You just better watch you back! You're not the only guy here that has interest in Kagome you know!" Eri spoke up.

"I'll already know about Mr. Health nut," he muttered. And his ancestor…

"Hojo's a nice guy, nicer than you are!"

"You don't even know him," Ayumi spoke up finally. InuYasha looked at her again to see her angrier than he ever saw her before.

"We know enough!"

"NO you don't!" Ayumi fumed, pointing at them accusingly.

"Both of you have been so jealous of Kagome's relationship, that you just LOVE to find any problems with it, because you can't stand to see her so happy if you can't be too! I've known In-Shoji since we were children, and he's not the terrible monster you two make him out to be!" she howled. InuYasha was really impressed that she was finally sticking up for herself, and for him.

InuYasha stood beside Ayumi, who, despite being done ranting at them, still seethed in anger. It really wasn't like her at all to be angry, so it was actually kind of frightening…and the other two felt the same way, as they walked off without a word.

"You didn't have to do that you know, I just cost you two friends…" he spoke quietly, not wanting those who witnessed the spectacle to hear him.

"Real friends don't talk bad about each other behind their backs." she said quietly. InuYasha couldn't see her face, but he could smell her tears.

"Oi, lets go find Kagome," he said, leading her out by the shoulders.



"High school is harder than fighting demons…" he spoke up as they walked home. Beside him, Kagome and Ayumi walked together, arm in arm. Ayumi was till a bit rattled from her explosive behavior earlier.

"Sometimes it does seem that way," Kagome agreed.

"We should go back though, tonight, at the least. Miroku and Sango might be waiting." he pointed out.

"You have to go home first, InuYasha. You need to let everyone know that you're alright, and you need to settle things with Sesshomaru," Kagome said. He stopped walking. Was it that obvious that it was the LAST thing he wanted to do right now?

"I'll go with you," Kagome added. Beside her, Ayumi finally smiled again.

"Me too!"

"Fine," he said distractedly, seeing a bicycle speeding towards them, with a happy Hojo waving, and calling for Kagome. InuYasha narrowed his eyes. The scene was a little too familiar…

"You must be getting better! You've been at school for a week now!" the golden haired guy said to only Kagome. Kagome, much to InuYasha's relief looked more annoyed than she did whenever Koga came around…though you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her smile. He knew what her real smile looked like. When she smiled, you could almost see her soul smile through her eyes…if that even made any sense…

"Yeah, it comes and goes," Kagome said, being nice.

"Are you free this Saturday?" Hojo asked. InuYasha fumed. Did he not SEE him standing there? Besides, she wasn't free Saturday, they had a job to do…but more importantly, she wasn't free…

"I have plans," she said. Hojo smiled his stupid idiot smile still.

"How about Sunday then?"
InuYasha sighed. The guy wasn't a jerk, he was just dense…

"I'm sorry Hojo, I have plans with Shoji." Kagome replied. InuYasha blinked as the guy, whom seemed good natured offered him a glare. There was no mistaking the iciness he saw there…no doubt Eri and Yuka's doing…

"Oh, how unfortunate. Well, if you ever need someone to talk to, you know where to find me." Hojo said, in a rather monotone voice. InuYasha ground his teeth.

"Hojo, I doubt that will ever happen. I have been seeing Shoji for quite a while now, and while we have our ups and downs, we always come out stronger. No relationship is without its trials. And I don't know what Eri and Yuka told you, but they were mistaken, and my advise to you is not believe everything you hear." Kagome said. Hojo scratched his head, a puzzled look coming over his face.

"I apologize," he said sheepishly.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to." Kagome said. InuYasha arched a brow, as the other young man let go of his pride, and formally apologized to him for the glare. And he was so bewildered that he could do nothing but accept it.

"Will wonders never cease," Ayumi spoke up as Hojo sped off…




"Father? Hello, earth to father, come in!" a voice hollered in Sesshomaru's ear. He glanced up from the book he had been pretending to read at his daughter, adopted daughter, rather, whom stood before him, hands on her hips in a fashion her mother used to do back when she was alive. Her twin brother often adopted the same stance, whenever he was annoyed…

"Hn. What?" he asked.

"Is something wrong? You're era's away…" she said. He looked at her. She reminded him of her mother in so many ways, yet in maybe more ways, she was just like him…but even more so was how much of her uncle he saw in her.

"I am just fine, do not worry about me." he said. She arched a brow, showing that she wasn't convinced.

"Well, I'm ordering in, is pizza alright for you?" she asked. Pizza, he cringed. That girl and her love of pizza…

"As you wish," he said She smiled, phone in hand, and hit the speed dial, before rushing out of the room. He watched her retreat past the entryway, just as the front door opened, and Shoji entered. He dropped the book, as he stood quickly, and hurried over towards the young man. As he made his way across the room, he could smell it…and sense it…and it brought him to a dead stop in the middle of the room, gawking at the young man, with that familiar rosary….and the girl at his side.

That's right, it was along this time that he had died not too long ago in the past…and surely she was still grieving over his loss, and no doubt saw Shoji as a replacement, seeing the extreme resemblance. InuYasha's scent was all over the room…

"Miko, what is the meaning of this?" he asked carefully. The girl, Kagome, blinked in surprise.

Then he felt InuYasha's demonic aura stir slightly. It made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.

"She's got nuttin' to do with this, Sesshomaru." InuYasha said softly, his voice not holding the edge to it, it had whenever he had spoken to him, the last time he saw him, hundreds of years ago. Sesshomaru's mind whirled.

"Explain yourselves," he said simply.

"First, Id like you to explain being my guardian for most of my life. You hated me back when I was alive in the feudal era, so what's changed?" Shoji…no…he wasn't Shoji, perhaps never was Shoji…asked.

"Inu…Yasha?" he asked quietly. Sesshomaru blinked quickly, as his appearance altered slightly to reveal the unruly silvery white hair, and fuzzy ears that was his half bother. His amber eyes sparkled.

"How is this possible?" he asked.


"Were not sure ourselves. I'm still Shoji, I still remember growing up, and stuff, but there was things that didn't make sense to me, memories, feelings, and the episodes I always had, are linked to my past." he said.

"Its not inconceivable," Kagome added quietly.
As if to add to the confusion, his daughter hurried down the stairs, no doubt picking up on the scent of another hanyou, besides her twin brother in the house…she halted upon seeing InuYasha, Kagome, and the girl Ayumi, and looked over at him with a quizzical expression.

"Err…what's going on? Why does Shoji….feel different?" she asked carefully.

"Hn. It seems that there is much to be discussed, mainly, as to where you've been for the past few weeks without so much as a word."

InuYasha offered him a smirk.

"Alright, you asked for it."