- Text Size +
Ayumi said her friend Kagome was a bit mysterious, but she didn't seem all that odd as other people made her out to be. She did seem sad though, he could see it in her eyes. And it worried him, despite the fact that she was a complete stranger.

And he…was in that complete strangers bedroom…which had a pleasant smell of cherry blossoms to it.

He walked in quickly to the book, which sat on the nightstand beside her bed, and halted midstride, as a sudden spike of pain drove itself through his chest. It was so abrupt, and crippling, that he fell to his hands and knees on the floor, and gasped for air.

Of all places for it to happen, it had to be in a stranger's house, that didn't know about his condition.

It had never been so intense before, not enough to drive him to his knees in agony. He was about to stand when it happened twice more, and he fell flat to the floor with a groan. It felt as if his heart had been ripped from his chest. He squeezed his eyes shut.

Usually, the visions accompanied the pain, as always, and this time was no exception. Normally, everything went by too quick for him to make anything out but this time…

He saw her…only she was dressed differently, and she looked very happy, and he was…what was he doing?!

Before the images could play out, they faded, and his regular vision returned to him. He blinked a few times, trying to clear the bright spot from his vision, only it wasn't a bright spot, it was something glowing underneath her bed…

He crawled forward, and lifted the bed skirt gently, and peered underneath into the shadows. A faint purplish light was emanating from a small wooden box.


His curiosity got the better of him, and he carefully pulled the box out from under the bed. He rose to a sitting position, and carefully eased the lid open…..

And that's when all hell broke loose.

A few dozen bright small spheres of light rose up from the box, and darted all around the room, seemingly diving at him. He swatted at them, to no avail, as they tried to surround him. He leapt up off of one foot, and dove out of the room.

The hallway began to glow, and he knew that they were right behind him, but he didn't look back. He ran down the stairs, tripped on an area rug, and fell to floor right in front of the couch.

"What are you-OH!" Kagome gasped.

He sat up quickly, and spun around, only to find that the spheres had encircled his neck…and he closed his eyes, preparing for the worst. He held his breath…

And felt a slight weight hang around his neck.

He opened one eye, to find Kagome staring at him, wide eyed. Then he looked down, to see a sort of rosary necklace around his neck.

"What…the HELL was that?!" he exclaimed. He began to yank on the necklace, to lift it off, but it refused to be removed. Every time he yanked it too far in one direction, it began to glow, and yank itself back down around his neck.

"Get it off!" he cried, falling down onto his back, still yanking at them. Kagome was at his side in a flash, trying to help, but she too, didn't seem to be able to remove…whatever it was…maybe the kids at school were right after all…

He gave up, and remained laying on the floor, gasping for breath.
"I got attacked…by jewelry?" he wondered aloud. To his dismay, he found Kagome…wait, was she laughing?!

"I fail to see how possessed, attacking necklaces can be funny," he said.

She covered her mouth with her hands. She was crying too. Now he was extremely confused. He sat up, the possessed necklace forgotten at the moment, and looked at her.

"You didn't hurt your ankle more did you?" he asked. She shook her head slowly.

"Then….what's…wrong?" he asked. She stood up so quickly, that it caught him off guard, and he flinched slightly, as she hopped over him, favoring her hurt ankle, and dodged up the stairs, leaving him in complete bewilderment.

Serves him right for skipping school on the first day…

Not even five minutes later, she was hauling him by the arm, outside, and into what she called the well house. A backpack was slung over one shoulder, and in her hand, she held a small jar of…broken glass?

Curiosity getting the better of him as she explained the wells name, bone eaters well, he peered down into the darkness, and could see the shadows of what could be bones…

"What does this well have to do with any-HEY!!" he shouted, as she shoved him forward, while he had been peering into the well.

An intense light blinded him, and he threw his arms up over his face. So this was how he was going to die? A pretty, crazy girl pusing him down a dark well, where no one would know to look. Did the bones belonged to all her other victims? Wait, the well wasn't that deep, why hadn't he hit the bottom…

Okay, why did he float to the bottom?
One second he's falling, then a light flashes, and now he floats? He glanced up the dark shaft…wait, why wasn't it dark? And WHY did he see blue skies? There wasn't a skylight in that old well house…and there were vines all over now.

He grabbed one of the said vines, and began to haul himself up the shaft to the opening above. Why did all the weird stuff always happen to him? He thought up an array of things to call Kagome the next time he saw her…IF he saw her, then again, he could be dead, and this was…

He peered over the side of the well, and, he wasn't in hell at least. Though there was a bit too much green for his liking.

He climbed free of the shaft, and looked around slowly. That strange familiar ness washed over him again, right down to the gentle breeze. He closed his eyes, and inhaled deeply. He opened his eyes slowly, to find a kid hanging upside down in a tree right in his face, emerald eyes blinking a mile a minute.

"InuYasha?" his small voice asked. The little creature looked at him as if he were about to burst into tears.

Shoji took a step back. This small kid had pointy ears, and fangs. And...a tail?! He turned to flee, only to see Kagome follow him out of the well.

"You! What did you do! Kidnapping is a crime you know!" he shouted.

"Kagome! You came back!" a happy voice cried. Shoji ducked as the kid leapt through the air at them both. Kagome caught him effortlessly.

"I'm back, sorry if I worried you Shippo." she said gently. Shoji looked at the little kid closely.

"I get it," he said. Kagome looked at him with a sort of hopeful expression.

"I'm dreaming, I'm still at the bottom of the well, unconscious." he said. The kid gave him a funny look before jumping on him.

"What's with him? Why is he talking so funny?" Shippo asked. Shoji looked at him carefully.

"What are you?" he asked carefully. The kid gave him a devious little smile.

"I'm a youkai, of course." he said.

"You…kai?!" Shoji squeaked, as he tossed Shippo away, and hid behind Kagome. Shippo landed on his head nearby with a scowl.

"InuYasha! You stupid jerk!" the kid wailed.

"Why does he keep calling me that?" he asked Kagome. She sighed gently, and looked over her shoulder at him.

"It's a long story, but I can't tell you out in the open like this, follow me," she said, walking forward.

"Why should I trust a girl that pushed me down a well?" he asked.

"You're the one that went through my stuff, so you're in no position to criticize," she said, in an irritated tone. Shoji took a deep breath. It didn't matter if he wanted to go or not, she was his only way out, so…

So…that's what he gets for trying to be nice to someone!

"Wait up!" he called.

"Hurry up!" Kagome called back.

"I'm not exactly dressed for this you know," he muttered under his breath. He kicked a rock as he followed reluctantly. It wasn't really his fault he went snooping in her stuff before, but how could he explain why he ended up on her floor, and saw a glowing box where a possessed necklace was kept…

Then again, why would anyone have a possessed necklace stashed away anyways?!