- Text Size +

Disclaimer still stands.

A/N: This is it....the end. I had to give this puppy a proper ending and so without further ado....

This was it. Sesshoumaru was done. Finished. Moved on. All the months of doing these different jobs and he had learned much from each and every one. Whether they had ended in disaster, major disaster or slight annoyance, he had enjoyed them all.....to a point. Now he would once more sit at his rightful place at Tanaka Inc and look over the months of takeovers, acquisitions, mergers, buyoffs, tradeoffs, and liquidations of companies that had in some way impacted on his own and so needed to be destroyed.

He had been gone for far too long...but it had been worth it. He was more motivated than before to oversee his company with InuYasha as well as Kagome by his side. With Kouga and Ayame as his team that handled legal affairs, all was as it should be.

He would smirk slightly as he looked over page after page of incoming requests and go back over the former jobs he had done...all had been worth it in the end and he could not have been more pleased with himself. However as he enjoyed these thoughts, they would be interrupted by a knock at his door and a peeking of a raven haired woman who turned out to be his mate.

"Hey Sess." Her smile wide as she came into the room to give her daiyoukai a kiss and chat with him about what was going on with today's mergers. There was a little something that she had up her sleeve as well and all that they needed now was to get him out of his office. He had been a little gruff after the Christmas incident but she had more than made it up to him the next day....and the day after.

"I came to talk to about a few things that needed to be seen to right away...they just came up and I need you to come to the lobby where it is...."

Taking his hand in hers, she would lead him out of the office, her mouth in a secretive smile as she walked him along the hall and to the elevator and on the ride down she would be smirking. Once she was outside the doors, she would yank him and lead him the rest of the way....where most of the staff was waiting including his brother, his mate Akiko and Kouga/Ayame. There were tables layered with food and drink and the place was decorated festively.

Turning to look at his mate, he was puzzled but his face remained stoic. "And what is going on here? Are these not working hours? Why is half the company including my idiot half-brother standing here?"

 

Giving a small smile, Kagome would blush. "We..." She waved her hand. "wanted to do something to welcome you back to work as well as commemorate your time working those other jobs, so....."

 

With another wave, Kagome would have a giant TV rolled in that would be turned on and a DVD would be slipped inside. "I had you recorded at each and every one...even the ones I could not attend, don't ask how...and now we will all watch the demon we know and love at work while we enjoy this great food and company!"

 

Giving a snort, InuYasha would huff."Speak for yourself wench. Bastard had me in the hospital for a month after that Olympic shit. I only came for the food and cause I work here." Earning a few laughs from random people and an elbow from Akiko as well as a glare from Kagome.

The party would go underway and there would be many laughs as people watched their boss in action.....or inaction........or rage action. There would be blushes from his stripper gig and guffaws at his wrestling stint. The beauty pageant would have them in stitches as well...and the gasps would come from when he was a visiting priest.

All in all they would have a great time and even Sesshoumaru would crack a smirk from time to time as he watched his performance. He would have to admit....no matter what job he was in...he looked fantastic.

Hours would finally pass and the food and movie would be done away with. Once it was, his stoic demeanor would come back in full force as he looked around and a slow smile came to his face that froze his employees.

"InuYasha...you will take over the company for a week while I am gone....my mate will be joining this one as I have one more job to attend to."

 

Frowning the hanyou would spring into action. "What the fuck for bastard? Didn't you just get back here and what job do you have now that is so important?"

 

Following his lead, Kagome would look at him puzzled."Sesshoumaru?" WE are going somewhere?"

 

"Indeed mate...this one has a job we can both enjoy...sunbathing on the beach in Mexico.....we will be vacationers...and InuYasha has a job as well in addition to this one." He smirked. "Babysitter for Tsukimaru until we return."

 

Taking his mates hand, he would walk them to the lobby doors while InuYasha sputtered behind him. "And how come bastard? Why do YOU get to keep on skipping work and not only that go on vacation on top of that just as you get back?" His face fuming.

Sesshoumaru would only turn slightly to glare at his brother and then smirk slightly."Because little brother...this Sesshoumaru doesn't do work." Smirking as the doors slid closed behind the couple.

End.

A/N: I would like to thank all of you who rode with me through this journey and shared a couple laughs with me here and there. I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it, even when I wanted to tear my hair out from frustration. Thank you for nominating it and allowing it to win second place for 3rd Quarter non Dokuga. I will continue to work on one-shots and hopefully a more serious fic if my muse allows. Much love, ~SP