- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Don't own Elmo or any Sesame Street characters.....but I do own the lulz.

A/N: Thanks to theunknownchild for the push for this next chapter and an amusing little joke I read that made me hop up to write this. ~SP

He needed something..........something that was not going to make him look like a fool in front of a whole crowd of people like last time. He had been shamed in front of billions around the world watching the competition. He had been investigated and after a long and lengthy process (as well as his own influence) the matter was dropped and his prestigious awards returned. Kagome had right then and there demanded that he quit his foolish quest to find what else he was perfect at before he ended up ruining their lives. He had already put InuYasha in the hospital for a month following the Olympics and Akiko had yet to forgive him. Not like he cared anyway..........well............perhaps he did a little.........the couch was becoming rather uncomfortable. When Kagome wasn't happy......HE wasn't allowed to be happy.

In order to pacify his mate and get back in her good graces, he had gone to see the hanyou as well as his mate, bearing gifts that would be the only apology they would get. Once he had done that, he had given his word to his mate that he would soon quit his search for jobs really soon and settle back at Tanaka Inc, doing what he did best. Rule with a fist of steel. She had seemed satisfied enough but with a rule. SHE would choose his final jobs from now on. It was either that.......or nothing. He might be a demon lord but he knew when he was fighting a losing battle and so he agreed. And that is how he found his way to being employed at a........

Doll Factory

Grumbling under his breath as he looked at the giant building of concrete and steel, he cursed lowly. Kagome was doing this on purpose to punish him...he knew it. She was trying to make him suffer for the last event by making him work with countless smelly humans making him do the unthinkable...........making Elmo dolls. Accursed children's toys that he loathed. He knew this Elmo creature from a show his pup watched and it made him want to stab out his own eyes from the sheer boredom of it. There was one in Tsukimaru's room and it had the most annoying voice as well as being hideous. He did not know what the pup saw in that thing.......

Deciding to get the day over with, he would show Kagome that he could handle her attempt at making him look foolish. There was no way that HE could ruin making a doll. He was skilled with his hands and nothing that he graced ever failed. He had known that he had to report to a human supervisor and that he did hate but found himself there anyway, listening to the human with great boredom.

As he sat in the chair, half listening he caught small bits about him being in charge that day of quality control and making sure that the doll was correct. The human's voice would drone on and on......

 

"And you have to make sure..........Elmo testing.......correct anatomy placing...quota......extra felt......marble balls......test.....ickles......eyes............."

 

After a moment, he would notice that the human had stopped and was looking at him expectantly. "Well Tanaka, did you get all that?? If so we can head down to the main floor."

 

Dismissing the human with a nod, Sesshoumaru knew that was a cinch. With his speed, he would not only MAKE the quota, but destroy it. This would earn him praise of course and he knew he deserved it. Once on the floor, he would be introduced to all there, ignoring them all of course and the buzzer to start the day would sound.

Dolls would soon be rolling down the line, and he would look at each doll and do what he was instructed accordingly with speed and accuracy that any human would envy. As he finished with each doll and sent it down to the next person, they would only look at the doll before bursting into a guffaw or downright hysterics as they tossed it to the finished pile.

Not really sure why they would react that way when he would finish a doll, he naturally assumed they were jealous and continued on working throughout the day. Soon enough lunch would come and as he did not really feel the need to eat, he merely stood and watched as the humans filed out to eat, each laughing as they passed and looked at him. It was beginning to annoy him slightly and he fought the urge to destroy them all, as that would cause Kagome to become angry with him when he had just gotten back in her good graces.

Once lunch would be over, the humans would file back in only to continue laughing and smiling all day until quitting time. By that point, he was enraged enough that his eyes were slowly shifting red and he growled lowly. Thankfully, soon enough the shift was over and the supervisor would come to make an appearance and tell him what a great job he did.

The man WOULD come and look over the dolls for a moment before the laughing began. His back would be turned to Sesshoumaru and at first glance it would seem like the man began to shake from rage.......however when he turned around he too was laughing, a strange smile on his face.

Walking over cautiously to the demon, he asked with the smirk still on. "Hey Tanaka.....what was it that I told you your job was this morning?"

 

Looking at the man like he was insane, it was all he could do to hold his composure. All the day's laughter at what he believed was his expense was not making him any happier. "I believe you told this Sesshoumaru to make sure that the doll was correct in every way using the extra felt and marbles and that if it were missing anything to use the spare parts provided to fix it before sending it down."

 

Finally losing it the man choked slightly."Yeah...........I see." Grabbing a doll, he held it up for all to see. "What is this?" Holding up the doll, he saw that all was as it should be...and then there was a little extra. Between each dolls legs, Sesshoumaru had cut a small piece of felt, enclosed two marbles and sewed it onto the doll.

 

"I had a feeling you weren't listening to me Tanaka.....if you were you would have heard me say that our new Laughing Elmo doll  was supposed to be given two test tickles.....not testicles."

 

At that, the factory would explode into laughter, each person laughing until tears where running down their cheeks. Maybe if he had not been so snobby when he came down to the floor, someone would have told him sooner. His own pride had been his downfall this time. The laughter would go on and on as he stood there, his rage increasing as well as his embarrassment. Finally losing it, the laughing humans would see a flash of silver, red and green as the dolls seemed to melt in front of their eyes, the massive pile turning into a sickly green goo and a noxious gas spreading through the factory as alarms of every kind when off as a red eyed demon destroyed his work leaving no trace evidence to ever be seen.

As all else fled the factory, terror all around....... inside one would remain...finally calming and looking at what he had done. Giving a satisfied nod, he walked out of the now deserted and noxious place his pride once more intact. "Well.......at least this Sesshoumaru had a ball."

 

Endnote: This was on my mind and I just had to let it out............forgive me.  :P