- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 1 – “Her Will”


“I, Kagome Higurashi, resident of Tokyo, Japan, being of sound mind and strong (well, semi-strong) body, hereby make this my last Will and testament. Any other Will’s that are found shall now and forever be, revoked and non-existent.

My full name is (or now I should say ‘was’) Kagome Higurashi; the date of my birth being April 24, 1982 in Tokyo, Japan. My mother’s name was Arisu Nakashima and my father’s name being Satoru Higurashi.

Not once have I ever been married. And as per earlier request with my family I would like that no one knew this detail for a while for reasons previously stated. They will know when to tell such information.

However, I do have two sons. Though never were they legally under my guardianship (i.e. officially naming me as their adoptive mother) they are still my boys. My wonderful boys – their names are:

Hikaru Higurashi - DOB 1/1/1882 (demon records) ~ 1/1/2001 (human records)
Hitoshi Higurashi – DOB 9/1/1900 (demon records) ~ 9/1/2009 (human records)

Once again, the details regarding my children are not to be revealed until the proper time.

In the event that I do pass on before my children (who are technically my nephews) come to be the age of men, I leave them in the care of their legally adoptive father, my brother, Sota Higurashi. I appoint no other “guardian” for them for no one else will be able to take care of my children. Sota and I were the only ones who knew/know how special they truly are.

With regard to the property that I owned in life, it is to be divided as follows:

Immediately after my death, all deeds and land papers concerning the “Sunset Shrine” and any other acreage I own will be transferred into Sota Higurashi’s name and care. I trust him to take care of it just as Mama and Gramps taught us growing up. I also leave to you one third of whatever money there may be of mine. Use it well.

To Hikaru and Hitoshi I leave the rest of my money and all of my worldly possessions EXCLUDING the large wooden trunk setting at the foot of my bed and its contents. (Along with what is stated above.) Do with it as you will, my boys, and may you lead long and happy lives.

Finally, I leave my large wooden trunk, including all its contents, to the most influential person that has ever entered into my life. (I just hope that you can find him) I do not know what name he goes by now, (for, no doubt, he has changed it again) but when I knew him; his name was simply “Inuyasha”. If you are able to deliver my trunk to him I would appreciate it, though I must ask that it be someone from the law firm to surrender it to him. For reasons know to my family, I truly do not wish for him to know my state of life and health before my death. Also, I request that this trunk not be given to him until at least twenty years after my death – he’ll blame himself too much if you don’t.

I, Kagome Higurashi, hereby sign this will at Tokyo, Japan on this day – 19 December, 2011 and state that it is, and forever will be, my final wishes for my life’s possessions.

My love to all of those I left behind.”
Chapter End Notes:
A/N – Total words ~ 578

Yet ANOTHER brain child of mine that was in need of getting out of my noggin. The basics of this story is that the trunk that Inuyasha will receive is filled with journals detailing the life of Kagome from when she left the well until her death. Most of the writings aren’t just letting her feelings out but are actually addressed to him – like “Dear Inuyasha”. Kagome felt like it was some sort of therapy; a way to function and move on with her life by “sharing” it with Inuyasha.

But what he finds in the last of the journals will shock him straight to the core.

Sorry I haven’t been updating much as usual – been going nuts here. Got a job at Jo-Ann Fabrics, then another part-time job at our 4-H Extension Office. Then to top it all off I have to keep an eye on dad because we think he’s got short term memory loss. Fun…  >_<

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!