- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 12 – “Anniversary”

“Inuyasha,

I cannot seem to fathom that it has been a year since I last saw you. To me the time has passed by so fast that I feel like it was just yesterday that I watched you bound yourself to Kikyo in holy matrimony. I can still remember clearly how you both looked that day. I don’t think I’d ever seen you in something other than your fire rat before that day. You looked so handsome all cleaned up and…

Oh boy, I’m rambling again. Sorry!

I bet you’re wondering what I’m up to. Well, as a, I guess you could call it ‘hobby’; I’ve begun writing down every tale of our quest. Everything from our smallest of fights to all of the blood thirsty battles are being jotted down into my little green book. Nobody knew I was even writing it until Souta somehow got ahold of it and then decided to show it to Mama. At first they were shocked; I’d never exactly told them everything that we’d done, but then they were amazed. They’d had no idea that we’d faced such dark creatures. Before long both came up with an idea that I’m frankly not too happy about.

Mama and Souta want me to publish our adventures, telling me I need to call it the ‘Feudal Fairytales’. It’s not that we need money or that it’s a bad idea, but I just don’t feel right about doing something like that. The way I see it, if I publish any of it then it would basically be invasion of privacy because I’d be exploiting your lives. That just doesn’t seem right to me, but that doesn’t mean that I’m going to stop writing either, although their suggestion did give me an idea though.

I’ve started taking up drawing. Dear Lord I’m bad at it, but I figure that I’ll get better with time. I know that most people will most likely think that our tales are just made up fantasies, but, for those few that truly believe; I want to give faces to the names. Do you know how much I wish Shippo was with me right now?

I’ve gotta go. I can hear Mama calling me for dinner.

Before I go though, I want to wish you and Kikyo a happy anniversary. Wish I could be there to celebrate with you. I can’t help but wonder; do you have any children yet? Are you happy? Did you have your first spat yet? Did she have to ‘sit’ you? Did you,

Oops, rambling again.

 I did get you something though. Look in the trunk for the gold wrapped package.

Love,
~Kagome H.”


Chapter End Notes:
A/N ~ Total words - 450