- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 14 – “Watching”


She sat by herself in this place; still feeling the aches and pains as she had in life. Was it not written somewhere that when you die you are to be “normal” as you once were in your youth? The lone person guessed that luxury was only meant for those who left their earthly home with a clear conscience and she most certainly, against everyone’s thoughts, had died with a heavy heart; hence her suffering.

It was lonely in this place. Sure, it was a calm and beautiful place, but, she was the only one inhabiting it. No one to talk to, no way to pass the time. All she could do was sit and reflect back on her life, going over again and again on the things she did wrong.

Thankfully though, she had these moments with her little “looking glass”. The scene she was seeing play out in the lake’s clear water brought a smile to her face.

The scene consisted of Inuyasha and a large group of children; whom she was his grandpups or nieces and nephews. It certainly was a lovely sight; the hanyou who once thought he was worthless, surrounded by people who loved and respected him. What brought even more warmth to her heart was the story he was telling them; their story.

He was so animated while he weaved the stories of their youth, thrilling the children of their fight against Kaguya and her dream castle. She thought it funny how he was making her out to be much more of a hero than she ever was, in a way glorifying the story for the mere sake of the children.

Happiness soon left her though when the image in the water slowed before coming to an end completely. Now a whole year will have to pass before she will get to see his smiling face again. But that wasn’t what bothered her the most, it was the heartache she knew he was about to endure because of her choices in life.

Sure, the journals Inuyasha already read gave him a sense of what had truly, well, partially gone on in her life, but, the woman knew that when the truth of her life was finally revealed the, as the old saying goes, shit would hit the fan.

And there was nothing Kagome wanted more than to be by his side when he found out so that she could take the pain away.

Chapter End Notes:
A/N – total words – 414

As you can guess, Kagome has got a huge secret she’s hiding. The question is, what?

REMINDER – This story is told mostly in drabbles/journal entries. The entries are not a day to day thing. You may be hearing about a fifteen year old one day and a twenty year old the next. I am only posting important events in the journals plus feelings and such regarding what is happening and how Inuyasha and the people feel around him.

I am working with the 4-H office this year so I will be VERY buy throughout the months of May, June, & part of July. I will post as often as possible but most likely I will be too tired to even think straight.

Oh, and sorry for making anyone cry.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!