- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 4 – “The First Entry”


July 3, 1497/1997

Dear Diary,

A wonderful thing has happened today, but, a damper has been put on our parade as well.

We’ve finally defeated Naraku and the whole jewel is now ours, but, I fear that it has come at a price. When Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, Kikyo, and I delivered the final combined blow something terrible happened.

Somehow, a couple of Naraku’s tentacles scourged the attack and came straight towards Kikyo and I. Neither of us were scared, we were prepared to die, but fear consumed us instantly when Inuyasha jumped before us and took the hits for us. As you know, he’s done this before, but this was worse than all of the other times. He took an appendage to his gut and the other dangerously close to his heart. We’ve already had to bring him back to us twice and I have a feeling that we’ll have to again. Plus I’ve been attempting to sew him back together the entire time. Hopefully I’ve hooked everything up right and none of my stitching comes loose, but, you know I have my doubts.

It was scary; none of us had any idea that any miasma had been pumped into him, so much so that even my skin is marred because of my continued contact with it. I think I even frightened Kikyo a bit with how I was frantically working to piece all of his innards back together. But it had to be done. Honestly, if I hadn’t of been here with my medical book I think Inuyasha would be dead by now.

I’m afraid though, more like scared to death actually, that we are going to lose him. It’s the night of the new moon and although it isn’t sunset he is already writhing somewhat in pain. I can see the worry etched in everyone’s eyes. We are all praying that he’ll survive the night. Kikyo especially.

Did I remember to tell you that Kikyo has agreed to stay on this plain as she is? She and Inuyasha have decided to stay by each other’s sides until the day he dies. They feel it would be better to live and see the world blossom and change than to burn in the fiery pits of hell.

I am happy for them. They deserve to be happy, they all do.

All we must do now is make sure that he survives the night. You know, I once told Kikyo that Inuyasha would be lost if she ever died. She even told me the same thing. However, I think she would die of a broken heart if anything ever happened to Inuyasha. I just hope that that doesn’t ever happen.

I must stop now for it is getting dangerously close to sunset and I can already tell that it is going to be a long night.

I only pray to all the God’s above that Inuyasha will survive the night.

~Kagome H.

Chapter End Notes:
A/N ~ Total words – 497

The first entry in Kagome’s journal. You guys can probably tell when it takes place.

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!!!!