- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 5 – “Wonderful News and the Decision”


July 10, 1497/1997

Dear Diary,

You’ve no idea how ecstatic I am right now! Inuyasha made it through his human night even though there were a few bumps along the way. To make a long story short and without going into too much detail, I ended up having to give Inuyasha open heart massage most of the night just to keep him breathing. It was disturbing having to do such a thing, but, when it comes to Inuyasha, I would lay my very life on the line for him if it meant that he would live.

It did take a couple extra days to allow his demon blood to work the miasma out of his system but everything is just fine and dandy now. Since the goal of destroying Naraku has been fulfilled our focus has been turned to preparing for two delightful events – the planning of two weddings.

That’s right. Four certain people in our little group are planning on having a double wedding within the next few days and everyone is buzzing around like crazy just to make sure everything is prepared. Since Kikyo joined the group, she, Sango, and I have basically become the three caballeros so there was certainly no problem when the idea was proposed to have one big double wedding instead of two small ceremonies.

So I am happy to announce that in just two days’ time, Sango and Miroku along with Kikyo and Inuyasha will be husband and wife.

Of course I’m trying to help out with the preparations as much as possible but as you can understand I don’t exactly know how the whole wedding thing works in this era. I hope I’m not doing anything wrong.

There is one thing that has laid heavily on my mind throughout all of this though; the fate of the sacred jewel. I’ve come up with so many paths to travel down that I just don’t know which to choose, although I have a pretty good idea of which one I’m leaning towards. I’ll have to keep the details to myself though because I know a certain person would be furious if they knew what I was planning.

You know what? I am going to make that wish no matter what the consequences are.

With any luck everything will go smoothly. The one thing that I know will happen is that the wish will be made before the wedding and the after effects will please one of the two lucky couples greatly; of that fact I am sure.

I wish I could explain things further but I can hear Sango calling me. Let’s just hope that my little escapade goes well, after all, we all know how the jewel tends to twists the wishes it is asked.

I guess I’ll get back to you after the wedding.

~ Kagome H.

~~~~

Inuyasha stared down at the second entry in puzzlement. Would the life entailed within these hundreds of pages reveal to him what happened to the Shikon Jewel? Or perhaps, did he already know? These two questions moved his mind into overtime as he tried to decrypt the many, many cliffhangers left within her first two entries alone.

Forgoing sleep for the night, Inuyasha cozied up to a spot by the roaring fireplace and let his memories travel back to the years gone by. Back to what was, hands down, one of the happiest days in his life.

Chapter End Notes:
A/N ~ Total words – 582

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YOU ALL!!!! Cause I love you guys so much and with how popular this story is getting I figured you all deserved a treat for reading!!!

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO LadyyT013!!!!!!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS/REVIEWS ~ FLAMES WELCOMED!!!!