- Text Size +
Her Life – Chapter 7 – “To Him”

It was becoming harder and harder to stay focused on his work knowing that just across the room a lone book held the answer to what had happened next in his klutzy friend’s life. More and more time passed while his mind kept going back to the page with the pressed rose. Did it truly mean so much to her that he’d said such a thing? Nah, it couldn’t of, she was just a kid at the time right?

Or was he wrong?

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, Inuyasha continued to fill out paperwork for his clients and current work, but, within minutes that annoying little voice came rolling back. Stopping to think for a moment, he did have some vacation time coming. Should he take that time to go through the huge trunk still sitting in his study?

Decision made, the hanyou tucked away all his paperwork, shut off his computer, and made his way over to the red faced book that was practically begging to be read. (Which it obviously had been) He took a moment to finger the outer binding before jumping out a window to take a seat in a nearby tree. Taking a deep breath, seemingly to calm his nerves, Inuyasha opened the journal to the marked page. Once again he took a moment to finger the dull color rose before turning to the next page. What he was now reading caused his eyes to widen.

“Dearest Inuyasha,

I know that you must be frustrated with me right now. No, I should say full blown angry. You’re probably also wondering ‘Why?’ or ‘Was it something I did?’ Well, let me assure you that it’s not and never was your fault. There were reasons behind me doing what I did to ensure certain things, things that you didn’t need to know about. But don’t worry, I’m fine.

God it feels so odd writing instead of talking to you. It’s just that I want to share things with you. I want to share in the joy and happiness that walks into my life and, if I you were around, I would love to experience yours too. I can envision how happy you are even now. I bet you’ve made a wonderful father. You always seemed to have that underlying sense of parenting skills with Shippo. No doubt Kikyo has been an awesome mother as well. She was always so good with kids.”

Pausing, he sniffed the aged paper, detecting the scent of tears.

“Please remember that my decision had, in no way, been your fault. It was my choice alone and no one else’s. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy in life, so that is what I made happen.

You’ll always be in my heart Inuyasha. I pray for your and the other’s health and life every day.

My love to you forever -
~Kagome H.”

It was her choice? What did she mean by that? Could she have done something irreversible just for the group? What was it that she had obviously done?

Again he sniffed when another scent lifted off the pages. Why was this scent laced with… pain? Scrutinizing the page even closer Inuyasha spotted something else. Now to a normal person they would just think “oh someone just got a paper cut” but to the trained eye a person could spot the purplish tinged red that laced the dried blood on the page.

What did it all mean?

Chapter End Notes:
A/N ~ Total words - 587