- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey! here is chapter 4 plz review!
He felt blessed. He stared down at his angels face. The face he hadn’t gazed upon in 4 years. She looked so at peace, like she was sleep. He knew he should be worried, or that he should be angry, or that he should probably hit the road before she woke up but he couldn’t.

Not yet.

We realized he was going to save her, he felt a angry force hit him. It felt like 4 years ago when he had to save her anytime she was in trouble. Without second thought he had barged in and tried to wind scar Naraku into oblivion.

It was just a Naraku puppet.

It scared him that Naraku’s demon puppets held enough power to knock Kagome out cold. She was after all a very powerful priestess now, she must have been somewhat aware that he was behind her, and was going to knock her out. He smiled, same old Kagome. Fighting with her heart, not with her head. But Naraku must have been able to get inside her deep enough to slow her down so he could hurt her, that scared him.

“ Inuyasha, aren't you going to leave her side?” Sango asked, sitting down next to him. She was worried for him, it wasn’t the best idea for him to get reattached to her. Kagome still had a lot of baggage to sort through before she could let Inuyasha slip back into her life.

“ I think Sango is trying to say that you shouldn’t be there...” MIroku said joining the conversation. He could read Sango’s expression that mirrored his own. Kagome wasn’t emotionally ready to let Inuyasha back in, to actually believe that they ALL made mistakes that day. Not just her

“ Why the hell not? I saved her didn’t I ?” He rudely replied. Sango rolled her eyes, same old Inuyasha.

“ Well, she may not be ready to see you when she comes to. Both of you left on sour notes, hating each others guts, both of you lived with guilt for 4 years. A meeting between you would only end in an argument and heartache and I’ve think we all have had enough of both” Miroku answered.

“ But, I just want to look at her....” Inuyasha pinned his ears to his head.

“ Well, she isn’t a doll! Sooner or later she is going to wake up and you can’t be there when it happens... just let us talk to her first okay?”

“ I’ll be outside” Inuyasha got up and left the hut.

***************

He couldn’t stop his hand as it mercilessly flung things at the wall. He was pissed. It was going so well, she had fallen for his talk and he had knocked her out. All he had to do was pick her up and take her with him.

It didn’t go to plan.

He didn’t see that clueless Inuyasha coming into the picture to save the day and slay his puppet. He thought Inuyasha was just as angry at Kagome as she was at him. He was wrong. Inuyasha had fallen in love with her long ago. He still had the will to protect her.

“ That will must be broken, and soon” Naraku thought to himself as he paced up and down in his private room.

“ You seem unnerved Naraku...” A smooth voice filled the air. Naraku looked up to stare into the lavender eyes of his young incarnation Hakudoshi.

“ Yes I must seem that way, Hakudoshi? I have something I need you to do...”

“ What is it Naraku...”

“ Follow plan B, Make Kagura go with you” Naraku smirked handing Hakudoshi the small jewel shard.

“ But what if the snake demons don’t wish for it. They might think that you are trying to call them weak.” Hakudoshi stated holding the sacred jewel shard.

“ Tell them I will allow them to kill Inuyasha, if they take my shard”

“ Okay”, Hakudoshi said satisfied by his answer,” By the way, Kagura CANNOT be trusted nor can Kanna...”

“ I will take your words into consideration....”

*********************
It had to be a dream. There was no other explanation. She was locked in a white room, dressed in traditional priestess robes. An alter appeared and in the alter stood the honorable Midoriko, the originator of the sacred jewel.

“ Kagome.....It is time” The legendary priestess said. Kagome’s face even in the dream looked slightly confused, causing the priestess before her to laugh a little.

“ You probably haven’t be told this, have you?”

“ No, I can’t say that I have....” Kagome answered back

“ Kagome haven’t you been blessed beyond anyone you know?” Midoriko said stepping toward Kagome.

“ What do you mean”

“ I have blessed you, knowing you would be the one to right the wrongs left in this world. I chose you Kagome, now it is time for you to fulfill this quest...”

“ I have no clue WHAT you are talking about, this is one weird dream.....I don’t know how I started to dream about this, but I rather go back to the usual” Kagome said searching the room with her eyes for an exit.

“ Sorry Kagome, no exits. This isn’t a dream, its a vision. Since I am no longer in the land of the living I can only contact you through you sleeping mind. Please sit down, I must tell you what you must do. Do you know what occurred only hours ago?” Midoriko said sitting across from Kagome. Reluctantly Kagome agreed to listen.

“ No idea, I passed out in battle?” Kagome asked

“ No, It would seem that way but no, you let Naraku cut off your life force that swells inside you. His touch to your back cut your body off from your priestess power. Since you were tapping into them to throw him off you fainted. That is bad, now Naraku knows that all he has to do is sweet talk you then cut off that supply for you to pass out, if HE hadn’t been so worried, all would be lost”

“ He, who is he, what is going on?” Kagome was getting lost in the plot fast.

“ Inuyasha!” Midoriko clapped at her own cunning.

“ What do you mean? He wasn’t there”

“ Oh beg your pardon sweetie but he came after you passed out. He wind scared the Naraku puppet into oblivion even though the real naraku escaped minutes before he did stop the puppet from taking you back to Naraku’s castle...”

“ That's IMPOSSIBLE!! Inuyasha doesn’t care for me anymore, we are old news and if your trying to trick me into believing that he suddenly stepped back into my life....I’m not going to sit here and LET YOU MOCK ME!” Kagome said letting cool tears stream down her face.

“ Oh sweetie don’t cry, when you wake up he will be there, waiting to see if your all right. Don’t chase him away, You two have an important mission to embark on. You must go out and collect my shattered soul and also defeat the one called Naraku for good.”

“ Isn’t that a little old, I mean we did that already and look how it turned out?” Kagome said with a roll of her eyes.

“ Well if the plan was perfect to begin with why not give it another try?” Midoriko said

“ I can’t be lieve I’m talking to myself in my sleep, I must be crazy!”

“ Well maybe in time you will understand, just don’t fall into Naraku’s trap, that you already fell into before....Goodbye”

“ WHAT! WAIT!” Kagome’s pleas fell on deaf ears as she began to come to. She sat up strait and looked around, she met the faces of her friends who had worried plastered all over them. She gave a mental not not to be such a bitch for the rest of the day.

“ Kagome! Are you feeling better?” Sango asked, checking her friends temperature. Sango could hold a grudge for sure but when the health of the person became an issue she dissolved the momentary dislike, especially seeing that Kagome would have a lot of her own crap to swallow soon.

“ I should be asking you that, I was such an ass! Do you feel any better?”

“ Yes, I just got the wind knocked out of me, no worries.” Sango smiled. Kagome jumped into her friends arms and hugged her. She never really felt like unnecessary hugging but more than ever she wanted to latch on to her friends forever, her strange dream’s words hung to her like a unwanted noose and she had a horrible feeling that something was going to happen.

“ I’m glad lady Kagome that you are all right” Miroku said as he entered the room. If he held any hostilities about what happened early they were washed out with concern.

“ OH MIROKU!” Kagome launched herself into his arms, ignoring everyone’s gaping faces. She hugged him as well,” I’m sorry” She said, it sounded if she was crying but when she stood straight her face didn’t show a sign of it.

“ All is forgiven Lady Kagome, you have been under a lot of stress! We should spend a couple says recovering our strength”

“ No way,” Kagome’s cold and hard demeanor came back and she stared stone faced at everyone,” We HAVE to go after Naraku, he has jewel shards...I have to complete the jewel” Kagome may have not believed that what occurred in her mind was real but she knew the task was real.

“ Okay so we have to leave, but don’t you want to go home for a while before we leave...”

“ My family knows my situation, It would only be a bother to see them now” Kagome said slowly, the truth was she couldn’t face the demons that would face her in the modern era.

“ If your sure then we should leave in the morning”

“ Wait Kagome, We have something to tell ye, rather someone to show ye” Kaede said showing her presence.

*********************
He sat outside tapping his foot. The monk said he would be back in a minute to get him, after Kagome woke up. The plan was simple, Kagome would wake up, Miroku and Sango would talk to her a little then they would bring him in, he would have to rejoin the group if they had any hope of defeating Naraku, and hopefully they could rekindle what they had before.

She couldn’t have changed or come to hate him that much, right?

He had only a couple more minutes to find out the answer to that question. He nervously tapped his foot, Kagome had gotten powerful, he could smell it on her scent. But she would remember him right? What they had? How much he loved her?

He doubted it. But they could try, if she wanted to.
Chapter End Notes:
thanks for reading now review!